PDA

View Full Version : VIII Friendly Friends i.e. couples

Dagga
10-29-2006, 12:13 PM
I did this in the IX forum but I apologise if someone has already done this before so SORRY! :choc2:

Anyway Back to business.
I'm looking for all the couples in FFVIII. The obvious and not sooooo obvious.

1. Squall and Rinoa :love:
2. Selphie and Irvine (I think so...) ;)
3. Seifer and Rinoa (A long time ago) :cry:
4. Laguna and Raine/yer wan who sang the Eyes song :confused:
5. Fuijin and Rajin (possibly) :greenie:
6. Cid and Edea (in a weird twisted way possibly) :eek:

Actually I don't know who Zell and Quistis should go with... Do not say with each other!!! Anyone have any ideas? :D

Spatvark
10-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Zell's with the library girl with pigtails. Y'know, the one he has the long sidequest running through the game about.

Julia, Rinoa's mother, sang Eyes on Me, not Raine.

Quistis is doomed to die old and alone. Thankfully. Though she does get paired with Seifer a lot in (bad) fanfiction.

Cid and Edea are married, so what's so twisted about that?

I don't think it's actually official, but fanon often says that Fujin and Raijin are brother and sister. As I said though, I've no idea if that's actually true.

And of course, Kiros and Ward. You all know Kiros is so Ward's bitch. I mean, why do you think they wanted to get Laguna out of the way so quickly in the Deling flashback?

Xu and Nida maybe?

Dagga
10-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Cheers. No with Cid and Edea it's only twisted sort of because y'know she was a bit evil so and so, so and so. I like Xu. Yeah they could be a couple. About Fuijin and Raijin they could be partners in crime (which they are anyway..) I'm only confusing myself!!! :-s

Levian
10-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Flo and Mayor Dobe!

BardTard
10-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Zell's with the library girl with pigtails. Y'know, the one he has the long sidequest running through the game about.

Julia, Rinoa's mother, sang Eyes on Me, not Raine.

Quistis is doomed to die old and alone. Thankfully. Though she does get paired with Seifer a lot in (bad) fanfiction.

Cid and Edea are married, so what's so twisted about that?

I don't think it's actually official, but fanon often says that Fujin and Raijin are brother and sister. As I said though, I've no idea if that's actually true.

And of course, Kiros and Ward. You all know Kiros is so Ward's bitch. I mean, why do you think they wanted to get Laguna out of the way so quickly in the Deling flashback?

Xu and Nida maybe?

1. Zell's gay, and he's totally in love with Squall. He doesn't want the library girl.
2. I LOVE QUISTIS! PLEASE DON'T BE MEAN TO HER!
3. Fujin and Raijin brother and sister? She's white and he's black... though I suppose they could be like half brother and sister... ?
4. I thought Xu was supposed to be an instructor and Nida was a student?

Spatvark
10-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Nida qualifies as a SeeD along with Squall, Zell and Selphie. Add to that, he's the one who always pilots Balamb around, whilst Xu spends a lot of time up there...

Quistis totally deserves being mean to. Really. Her personality is hideously flawed, and being treated like crap would probably actualy be beneficial to her in the long run. Or at least, that's my excuse.

It's been suggested quite a bit that Fujin is an albino; white (well, more grey really) hair, red eye, pale skin. Add to that the link between her and Raijin's names; they're were both demons that opposed the Buddha, but were captured and basically became weather gods; Fujin as wind and Raijin as thunder. It certainly suggests a kinship between the two, and if the albinism is correct (though really, it is just a theory), then it's not hard to believe that they're brother and sister.

Dagga
10-29-2006, 04:25 PM
I think Quistis is sort-of cool. Stress sort-of... Is she the only one in FF that uses a whip?? She's extremely weak in battle though.

~SapphireStar~
10-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Zell and Selphie should get together, their personalites and hyperness just match ^^

rubah
10-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I always pair quistis with zell in my mind, combat magazine 003 or no combat magazine 003.

f f freak
10-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Quistis totally deserves being mean to. Really. Her personality is hideously flawed
Oh and obviously none of the other characters in this game are flawed. Apart from you know all of them. Squall and Rinoa's relationship was so forced. Rinoa's personality made you think she was a three year old who thought she could get anything she wanted because her father was some military general. SPOILT BRAT.

rubah
10-29-2006, 08:15 PM
This makes me wonder how much the ff8 characters' personalities are dictated by their words and manners in the game versus how much they are by comparison to other characters' and non-canonical characterizations by people in fora like these.

atlanteay
10-29-2006, 08:43 PM
i think there was a student at the cafeteria that was in love with quistis

Dagga
10-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah there were 2 of 'em!!

Qurange
10-30-2006, 02:13 AM
Quistis should be with Xu, if you ask me.

BG-57
10-30-2006, 03:22 AM
I've suggested this before:

Shiva and Ifrit

Diablos and Siren

Sefie1999AD
10-30-2006, 10:24 PM
The ones that I'd think of: Squall and Rinoa, Selphie and Irvine, Zell and the Pig-tailed girl, Cid and Edea, and Raine and Laguna. Other possible couples could be Fujin and Raijin, and maybe Quistis and Seifer. The latter is quite unlikely, although Quistis seemed to have something for her top students. If Norg and the Fake President Deling met Ultimecia, they'd probably have a competition where they try to impress her and kome up with something even katchier than her accent, such as n00b-AND-CAPS talking! :p I wonder if there's anyone reasonable for Ellone in the game.

rubah
10-30-2006, 10:52 PM
I have to do an ix-nay on the raijin and fujin; I think their namesake gods were siblings :p

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Zell and the woman in the cafeteria selling hot dogs

Christmas
11-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Adel & Wendigo.

Rocket Edge
11-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Adel & Wendigo.
Their parent's wouldn't allow it. :(

Seifer & Edea.

Squall & Ultimecia. (R-U)