PDA

View Full Version : That Fuzzy Feeling

Cruise Control
10-29-2006, 07:22 PM
I just got a call from some Gamestop chick (who sounded hung-over). I was invited to come to a midnight release party on Monday at 11:00 PM. Anyone else get this call, and feel all excited?

Sephiroths Clone
10-29-2006, 08:24 PM
i got the call too, pretty sure it was a recording. I think anyone who reserved it at GS got it.

Meimeiken
10-30-2006, 12:42 AM
yeah..I got the call. my mate and I are going to the party. However, my copy is reserved at a different location >.<

mobkon
10-30-2006, 01:33 AM
Ahh, i posted a topic about this myself without reading this thread.

I do plan on attending with a friend of mine. Not sure what the "party" entails....any ideas?

skillzboy4
10-30-2006, 01:39 AM
Is it possible to get the game at like local bestbuy without reserving it?? because im worried it might be sold out on Tuesday

TidusMaster
10-30-2006, 01:39 AM
What city is this in?

farplaner
10-30-2006, 02:04 AM
I just got a call from some Gamestop chick (who sounded hung-over). I was invited to come to a midnight release party on Monday at 11:00 PM. Anyone else get this call, and feel all excited?

Yep. I'm going to show up (not so) fashionably late at midnight to collect the game and roast tire back to the PS2.

Tidus StarWind
10-30-2006, 03:27 AM
So I'm laying on my couch watching that awsome football team from KC when the phone rings. My dad picks it up and doesn't say anything and just stands there listening to whatever the person on the other side is saying....He looks over at my brother and I and says "To anyone that cares....You can pick up Final Fantasy 12 tomorrow at 11" and then sits back down ands looks mad because the phone rang during a football game......

Vaan THF
10-30-2006, 03:41 AM
Eep...lol.

Meimeiken
10-30-2006, 03:52 AM
What city is this in?

I can't be sure, but I would beleive that all the stores would be having some sort of party. My local gamestop is in rockford, illinois...which is the 3rd/4th largest city in illinois. Do with that information, what you please. Also I know that that ebgames(gamestop,whatever) in dekalb(illinois) is also having a party.

Yep. I'm going to show up (not so) fashionably late at midnight to collect the game and roast tire back to the PS2.

and they said that ps2 car power converters were a waste :rolleyes:

-out

Ichimonji
10-30-2006, 03:57 AM
i got the call too, pretty sure it was a recording. I think anyone who reserved it at GS got it.

Way to make the guy not feel special anymore.

zeonmx
10-30-2006, 06:44 AM
This only applies in Gamestop and possibly EBgames, not Gamecrazy?

Jowy
10-30-2006, 08:15 AM
The Aeris call of love is GS/EB only. I think some strange nameless gentleman calls from EB though.

I look forward to being obnoxious and trolling around at GameStop with my former customer base. Some form of riot might break out. And I'm stealing the cardboard cutout.

The Knights of the Round
10-30-2006, 12:06 PM
my local eb games is in Roseville, Michigan. and there is a party for FF XII pre order people at 11:00 P.M too.. soo yeah its gonna be sweet and im going. soo yeah 16 hours and counting from the time i post this message.. but the wait will be worth it

LoCoAndy2K3
10-30-2006, 02:21 PM
My GameStop isn't doing anything. I just called and he said, "Nope. Tomorrow at 10 AM."

Yeargdribble
10-30-2006, 05:13 PM
My GameStop isn't doing anything. I just called and he said, "Nope. Tomorrow at 10 AM."

Wow... I figured that of all places where I live would definitely be a place not doing a midnight release. When they told me they were I figured every GameStop was if mine was. Where are you?

Dreddz
10-30-2006, 09:31 PM
That sounds pretty sweet, I dont think any stores in London do anything like this. I wonder what these parties must be like....

Dynast-Kid
10-30-2006, 11:02 PM
I wonder what these parties must be like....

Me too.

And I get that fuzzy feeling every time I watch the FFXII trailer. Especially when Fran talks about the Dawn Shard...*Shutters*

Ouch!
10-30-2006, 11:08 PM
I received no call, but about ten minutes ago I called to confirm that it'd actually be there tomorrow and I was informed of the party. As intriguing as it sounds, I'll pass.

Tainted Angel
10-30-2006, 11:23 PM
I received no call, but about ten minutes ago I called to confirm that it'd actually be there tomorrow and I was informed of the party. As intriguing as it sounds, I'll pass.

My dad said I was told yesterday (his number = my old number) to come pick it up. I'm going at midnight tonight and just running off with it.

Yar
10-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Got my call Saturday during Saturday Night Live

My plans:

11:00 Daily Show's in Ohio this week, watching that. Colbert is sweet too.
11:55 Leave for GS.
~12:00 Pick up my game.
~12:01 (I speed) ENJOY!!!!
~12:30 [NEXT DAY] Go to school.

Dynast-Kid
10-31-2006, 12:56 PM
So...Everyone who went to the release party thing, what was it like?

Was it like, an actual party, or did you just go and pick up your copy of FFXII?

KasaiDraco
10-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Man, Final Fantasy is so overrated, it's not even funny.

mobkon
10-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Hah. hah.

Heres my story about the "party"

we called earlier yesterday (monday) to see about this "party" and what it entailed. They said "yeah theres some party...some competition thing at 11pm, then the game goes on sale at midnight". So we said, eh, what the hell, lets see what this nerdfest is all about.

About 9pm or so I head over to my buddys apartment to hang out/drink some beers. About 11:15 or so we head over to the Gamestop which is literally around the corner. The gates are down over the windows and there are just the two managers inside who told us to come back at midnight. They had NO idea about the party and sort of laughed at the idea.

It was weird. But, we got our FFXII collectors edition at midnight!

Jowy
10-31-2006, 04:57 PM
I played Guitar Hero with a few people there whom I knew from my stint of employment. And then just yelled at another former-co worker to hurry up and buy his damn gamn because he was in front of me in line.