PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter

Sylvie
10-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Who here plays Monster Hunter for the PS2? I just got it, and set up my PS2 for online and let me tell you, I love it. I reccomend it to anyone who likes RPG's with things to do, because if you have your PS2 set up for online, it's easy. No charge to play or anything. You can pick Monster Hunter up at EBGames for 20 bucks.

So who plays? Online I am Raijinn92.

Jowy
10-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Monster Hunter always looked interesting. What exactly does it play like?

Sylvie
10-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, basically you go hunting dinosaur-like monsters. It revolves around completing quests and getting money for new equipment. You can get items that you carve out of monsters (like gutting the thing) and then combine items to make a weapon or item or armor. It's a very fun and interesting game. You can also do things like Mining, Fishing, gathering, etc.

Markus. D
10-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Me likes the multiplayer!

and though I love to roam around the ummm instance-ish places :D

I started feeling really cold and heartless slaying all the Dinos, the way they flail around :(

I felt so horrible, and all the cute baby ones to T-T

:[

:(:(:(

edit: but apart for giving torture to the poor Dinos.... I loved the boss fights :)! and sniping Dino mobs with my neat (havent played in a while... donno if this names right) Bowgun? whilst the other 2 I were playing with (friends of mine) Tanked (one had a giant assed bone blade... and the other dual wielded neat swords) :)

Cruise Control
10-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Online is fun, but one player is the gayest thing ever. Collecting berries is more profitable than completing the missions.

EDIT: I'm Eragon. In every online game. Ever.

Sylvie
11-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Online is fun, but one player is the gayest thing ever. Collecting berries is more profitable than completing the missions.

OOC: ...Have you ever played Jedi Knights Academy?

Markus. D
11-01-2006, 05:35 PM

*takes the Nickname Eregon so he cant use it in PSU*

...*doesnt have PSU* T-T

Reine
11-02-2006, 02:55 PM
I have Monster Hunter Freedom, the extended PSP version.

Its not bad, but I cant get anywhere no more, its become a little too hard, Wyverns are too much for me