PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever done this?

Nifleheim7
10-30-2006, 01:26 AM
Ok,i messed up.
I have work to do,and the deadline is tuesday morning (or noon maybe...)
This means i have to work straight until then (with breaks like this one) with no sleep at all!I haven't slept since yesterday and i'm constantly drinking red bulls and coffee...
What do you do if you want to stay awake and have work to finish?

Martyr
10-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Yeah. I do this all the time. In fact, I almost enjoy it. Except for the spontaneous narcoleptic consequences which can kick in 2-3 days later (Depending on how many hours you're awake. Try to get at least 4 hours of sleep every day or else you'll be in trouble. You can only go about five days on 2 per day before you crash. And the crash ain't never clean.

But, to assist you in your quest:

I have 2 Words:

The first word is:

TACO

The second word is:

BELL

Use them scarcely, because gluttony is both a sin and a pathway to death, which may in your case be referred to as an eternal SLEEP. But when properly applied, they can send you spiralling through nights and days like a machine made for work and NOT sleep.

Fonzie
10-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Haha well, procrastination loses one point today :rolleyes2

Yamaneko
10-30-2006, 01:47 AM
I have two take-home midterms due on Tuesday and Wednesday; about 6-8 pages each. I also have a couple other assignments due for another class on Wednesday. I haven't started any of them.

I need sleep to function, so I rather turn something in late (which has not happened yet) than stay up all night doing it. I'll stay up until 3am at the latest before getting five or so hours of sleep. If I don't work the next day (have all afternoon and night classes), then I will continue work in the morning.

NorthernChaosGod
10-30-2006, 04:12 AM
Nope, I either do the work on time or don't do it at all.

KH-Cloudy
10-30-2006, 04:51 AM
are you crazy? =o 3am is zZZzzz but yeah i've done that before and work all night fell asleep in one of my classes =(

Rainecloud
10-30-2006, 06:59 AM
No; when I have work/assignments, I get them finished straight away before I do anything else. That way, I won't be stressed, and I don't forget and end up panicking at the last minute.

Resha
10-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Yes. I live my life like that. I'm a huge procrastinator, and I wind up "burning the midnight oil" for homework and other neglected assignments xD My companions are coffee and coffee and Diet Coke and coffee. I used to go whole nights without sleeping just to finish coursework but I've grown out of that silly habit now. I hope.

Jowy
10-30-2006, 08:51 AM
No-Doze, two pots of coffee, and half a pack of cigarettes will get you through anything.

Quindiana Jones
10-30-2006, 10:12 AM
When I had 3 pieces of coursework due in the next day, I had a shot of vodka every now and then :bigsmile:. Made for a good night's sleep aswell.

The Real Dark Messenger
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't have any problems staying up rigth before a deadline... but coffee always helps me if I should get sleepy.

Bunny
10-30-2006, 01:53 PM
I get all of my work done when it needs to get done. All of the deadlined work I do is fairly easy and mostly just pass off/mail out things. It's pretty easy not to get in trouble.

Back when I was in school, I usually did all of my work during a different period and got it done before I even went home. That, or I worked while I ate lunch. Yay for being a loner and having free time.

Twilight Edge
10-30-2006, 02:24 PM
One word: ALWAYS. :bigsmile:

~SapphireStar~
10-30-2006, 02:46 PM
I always say that Im going to make a start on project work as soon as its given. But I usually start about 3 weeks before the deadline. Old habits!

Reles
10-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Lack of sleep = lack of concentration
Caffeine = lack of concentration

:)