PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Sucks!

Blackout
10-30-2006, 02:22 AM
Sorry For The Topic Mislead But The Topic Is Suppose To Be "Irvine Kinneas Sucks"

Irvine Kinneas, Is My Least Favorite Character In The Game! He's a pointless character, who needed not to be in the story.He has Low attack, an Annoying attuide, and Is a boring character in Gerenal.

Do you agree or Disagree?

rubah
10-30-2006, 02:32 AM
Is he a secret character? I can't say I've ever played him.

Blackout
10-30-2006, 02:50 AM
Is he a secret character? I can't say I've ever played him.

Sorry, I meant To Say "Irvine Kinneas"

Zeromus_X
10-30-2006, 02:55 AM
-_-;

Well, anyone can become powerful with the Junction system (and Irvine's Limits are the hax), so the only thing anyone could really complain about is his character. I personally didn't mind his character, though he was a bit annoying at times.

rubah
10-30-2006, 04:15 AM
He was only half the reason they stopped at Galbadia Garden at all! Not to mention their means for killing Edea!.

Plus he's got some great lines about guns'n'women, he's there to adore selphie and to put squall on his guard concerning the girls, and so much more!

Plus he's kinda goodlooking and has a quick'n'dirty limit. What's not to love?~

LunarWeaver
10-30-2006, 04:36 AM
Without him, the whole basketball court scene wouldn't happen. He's the only one that remembered their pasts. And the assassination bits... Also where he tries to rescue Rinoa and nobody else from prison until she makes him go back...And I think his limit breaks are good stuff. They could have done more with him, but what can ya do I guess.

Plus he has a hat.

boys from the dwarf
10-30-2006, 07:25 AM
yeah. hats.

hes not pointless and his personality can be pretty funny. if you challenge him for a game of cards in balamb garden he sasy "no thanks. i only play with girls."

and the funny scenes which involve irvine, rinoa and pain.

he's a pretty funny character with a good enough personality and theres nothing wrong with him really.

Twilight Edge
10-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Irvine was always one of my major-junctioned teammates for the final battle. He has a badass gun(ok, so not as badass as Laguna's but still it's badass) and he has his own style. The assassination part might be a failing point for him, but he retributes by saving the whole party from prison. He has some nice lines and his limit break is wicked.

One of Irvine's fine lines:
"My turn to boogie."

Also, how many cowboys do you see in FF?
Answer: ONE.

IceAngel
10-30-2006, 11:04 PM
All the above! But I dont think he's that hot (sorry Irvy fans)

atlanteay
10-30-2006, 11:09 PM
he's a funny guy. I like him for that and because he has a hat :hat:

Rocket Edge
10-30-2006, 11:46 PM
At the start i disliked him alot, but i grew to like him..

theundeadhero
10-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Irvine is cool and Ivan just has an awesome name. I can't decide who's better.

~SapphireStar~
10-31-2006, 02:55 PM
I dont think he sucks at all. Although his womanising does irrate me.

*~Angel Wing~*
11-05-2006, 08:38 PM
I really liked Irvine!!! :jess: :thumb:

I thought he was pretty funny. :lol:

Jessieestoque
11-06-2006, 03:31 AM
he's a pretty good Fighter, the horniest character in the game though. if you say he has a low attack. then your probably not junctioning it right and your not giving him the right ammo.
try junctioning Ultima on Str. make a lot of AP Ammo and Pulse ammo it makes 9999 per hit. or better yet the quick shot is good 9000 per hit.

Rostum
11-06-2006, 04:17 AM
I Didn't Mind Him At All, Lawlz.

Elfen
11-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Well at least he can good damage in limit break.
1 HP + Limit break + Quick shot.
Can finish up 99 bullets with each 1 - 3k damage.

His characteristic seems charming too. :mad:

Peter_20
11-07-2006, 02:20 PM
He does come off as slightly annoying in the beginning of the game (as a desperate pervert), but keep in mind, he was the one who most cared for Squall's and Rinoa's relationship.
I think that's very sweet. :)

Besides, his Limit Break rocks, you gotta love the Pulse Ammo, coolest ammo ever! :D

Acid Raine
11-07-2006, 10:27 PM
All characters are nearly identical in battle apart from limits, so I wont even go there.

But Irvine to me seemed to be the only other character that actually served a purpose in the story besides Squall and Rinoa. What important thing did Selphie do? What about Zell? Quistis?

Irvine served (small as it was) a purpose outside of his main reason for joining the group. He made them remember their time at the orphanage, and he was the one who got everyone out of the desert prison. I think he was also the one who eventually talked Squall into going and saving Rinoa during the Balamb/Galbadia Garden fight.

So he doesnt suck imho.