PDA

View Full Version : What's Anima Suppose To Be?

Blackout
10-30-2006, 02:42 AM
Well, I was wondering because all The Aeons Have features of animal or insect.With Valfor It's a bird and with Magus Sisters they're a bee, wasp, and ladybug.

But What Is Anima suppose to be?

Zeromus_X
10-30-2006, 02:45 AM
An awesome giant fish lady.

BG-57
10-30-2006, 03:11 AM
Check out the most in-depth Anima discussion thread here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=79362)

I see three influences on Anima. The artwork of H.R. Geiger (overall design), the Hellraiser movies (chains and bondage), and (maybe) Ariel in Soul Reaver (the Fayth of Anima).

Basically I see Aeons as a reflection of the inner soul of the Fayth. Since the Fayth of Anima was a tortured sad woman imprisoned by fate, her Aeon embodied these qualities.

rubah
10-30-2006, 04:12 AM
Mummyfish!

It's a pun. On mummy->mommy->seymour's mom.

blackmage_nuke
10-30-2006, 11:48 AM
A spirit, or so says my latin dictionary
maybe it is the embodiment of pain

James16
10-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Check out the most in-depth Anima discussion thread here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=79362)

I see three influences on Anima. The artwork of H.R. Geiger (overall design), the Hellraiser movies (chains and bondage), and (maybe) Ariel in Soul Reaver (the Fayth of Anima).

Basically I see Aeons as a reflection of the inner soul of the Fayth. Since the Fayth of Anima was a tortured sad woman imprisoned by fate, her Aeon embodied these qualities.

i agree wit you. It may be deep but it makes perfect sense. But it makes you wounder though....what does Bahamut represent to stand for???

Captain Maxx Power
10-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Scary clam-based mummy type thing of doom.

Sefie1999AD
10-30-2006, 10:33 PM

I thought Anima was a fish-like chained monster that was capable of causing massive destruction. This interpretation of Anima being a tortured sad woman imprisoned by fate also sounded quite reasonable.

yojimbosoul
10-31-2006, 12:15 AM
Anima(aeon) correspondes to Animus(Anger, hate, pain, grudge)

Anima has its wings bound together and is held in hell by chains.

Yes, it looks like a giant fish mummy, but the bandages act somewhat different.

Lets say you scraped you leg badly and all the skin came off ( really bad accident) , You'd wrap it in bandages to let it heal.
Same with Anima, Being tortured in hell has hurt her deeply skin wise and she wraps herself in bandages.( there's blood on the bandages) to heal and become beautiful .....( women ).

But in the overdrive, you see Animus....Not able to see out of hell.
his skin is burned off, and his eyes have been gouged out. he also looks like he has never eaten for like years.

Anima holds a pendant of her once beautiful self aroud her neck, but this fact hurts her more.

( thisk is what I think of anima and animus)

BG-57
10-31-2006, 02:53 AM
i agree wit you. It may be deep but it makes perfect sense. But it makes you wounder though....what does Bahamut represent to stand for???

My guess is the inner nobility, grace, and power possessed by the Fayth of Bahamut, even at a tender age.

I thought Anima was a fish-like chained monster that was capable of causing massive destruction. This interpretation of Anima being a tortured sad woman imprisoned by fate also sounded quite reasonable.

I was actually referring Anima's Fayth, but the two are very much connected. So I agree. She is the rare Fayth of an Aeon with her own (and very tragic) backstory.

samantha
11-13-2006, 09:36 PM
umm... if you really want to think about it i took phyc. lastyear as a junior and we learned a term that was very similarly pronounced and actually did kinda represent what anima represents if that makes sence ... power anger..hittler.... lol jk but as for physical aperence i want you to tell me how the hell its a fish...:confused: ...

BG-57
11-14-2006, 12:11 AM
I think the major fishlike elements are in the upper torso:

1) The bandaged head with the spines.

2) The gold and green bands on the neck resemble gills.

3) The leathery wings are vaguely finlike.