PDA

View Full Version : How do I avoid the frustrating Card Rules?

Peter_20
10-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Right now I'm playing against Cid and Edea, and since the game constantly forces "Random" on me, I can't choose my fav 5.
This is very, very frustrating, because Cid and Edea got some nice Cards I could win, if the game weren't so hellbent on using the Random rule all the time!

Is there any way to avoid this stuff?
Also, I'd like to use the Diff and Full Hand rules as well, because One is pretty boring, and Direct is dangerous. :eek:

Rantz
10-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Hejsan :)

I have had the same problem. It is usually solvable by not accepting the rules they offer, and just keep nagging until they don't ask you to blend rules. However, from my experience, the further in the game you get, the harder this gets to keep up, so I mostly end up giving up and accepting the random rule in the end.

If you're not keen on getting a complete collection of cards, you could refine the cards you don't want to use, and the random rule won't do that much damage. I like to get all cards in my collection though, so I don't do that.

Peter_20
10-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Tack så mycket! :D

Well, I usually don't care too much about the Monster Cards, because you can get 'em back pretty easily. :)

McLovin'
10-30-2006, 08:29 PM
:magus:I think if you go to the card queen or something you can reset all the rules.

:magus:See I had random and it was pissing me off and then when I played someone else from a different region the random was gone!

Iceglow
10-30-2006, 10:23 PM
there is a faq *hunts link down* here. (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_cards_d.txt) This will give a full informative guide on manipulating the rules. There are others but well frankly they have a bit of making up to do this is the original guide and still one of the best afaik

rubah
10-30-2006, 10:49 PM
It's a lot less frustrating to have a save place very close where you're trying to remove rules from. And it's a long walk in to where edea stands. I think the centra rules go for winhill too, so if you could play against those mercenaries at the bottom of the village, it may be less frustrating.

That link is very interesting though, I was thinking the other day about making a strategy for abolishing rules systematically like that :]