PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Internet Memories!

Jigsaw
10-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey folks! It's me again. Well, this is my second thread, but don't let the knights know about it! I hear they're out to get me :p

So, what's your favorite e-memory? Mine comes from my last message board. It was Halloween time, and the thread was "Pictures of you dressed up." It was hilarious! This one guy there, we called him Steve-O, had these giant lobster claws he took a picture of himself wearing - and later, some dude posted it with the caption photoshopped in saying "I HAVE CRABS," oh sheesh, I laughed. It was some newbie so we tore into him about how crabs weren't lobsters!

I guess you just sorta had to be there. Anyways, share your stories!

Denmark
10-30-2006, 10:22 PM
today I found entire episodes of South Park on YouTube. my life was changed forever.

Jowy
10-30-2006, 10:22 PM
- Spontaneously raiding a Resident Evil board with a bunch of people, and then another forum called Team Mystica.
- Spending countless hours playing RO with the Radiant Order.
- Lots and lots of Triple Triad X.
- Starting arguments at FFL because I was obliged to defend my ex-girlfriend's honor.
- Voicechats on Yahoo messenger or Iparty with Roogle.
- Roogle calling me when quite intoxicated and I had no idea who I was talking to D:
- Going to the grocery store with Doomgaze and Ally and getting yelled at by a passerby.

There's more, but my mind is elsewhere right now.

~SapphireStar~
10-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Having a whole signature set dedicated to me ^^ Its a first and Im not complaining. And making loads of friends on the forums.

rubah
10-30-2006, 10:34 PM
RPing with my brutha!aust, and inventing things like AerOmines, the Allied Periodica, and all those other things back at Magic Hogwarts, like the balls!

Chatting at #Star-Wars_Naboo-Swamp and Jedi-Temple back before y2k xD

the Watch Out For Snakes messageboard and my harry potter fandom days in general

the first website I ever went to ever; www.archiecomics.com

Running out to yell at my dad :"How do you get on the internet??????"

Setting our DSL by myself.

Using that for the first timexD

Finding out IRC was

Trying to find out why my brother could download songs off of napster much faster than I couldxD

Making a webpage

Learning how to *really* make a webpage

Relearning how to make webpages

Going into MSN chats with my friends pretending to be crackwhores xD

Deciding I would try out this new fangled "Mozilla firefox .86"

being modded here :]

Long nights spent in #A_Room with someone or another

Evastio
10-30-2006, 10:35 PM
It has to be the time that some girls here told me that I'm attractive. :love:

Jowy
10-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah, discovering IRC was glorious and life changing. I can't believe I didn't mention that first. o_o

Bunny
10-30-2006, 10:40 PM
The time I successfully faked my own death taught me a lot about myself and showed me just how much the people I have known in the past couple of years cared about me. I don't really talk to any of those people anymore, save for one of them, but at the time it was a very good lesson to learn.

And seeing as I am in a long distance relationship and both of the people commited to it do not enjoy talking on the phone all that much (or really, it is just me) I would say that each and every conversation I have with her is extraordinarily memorable and worthwhile.

Also the time I successfully convinced a guy that I was a trio of sisters who were sexually active with their father's best friend and, sometimes, each other was as memorable as it was hilarious. It makes for a good story. It is a good argument for just how convincing and strange I can be.

I'm sure there are more, but those stand for now.

Shoeberto
10-30-2006, 10:48 PM
So, what's your favorite e-memory? Mine comes from my last message board. It was Halloween time, and the thread was "Pictures of you dressed up." It was hilarious! This one guy there, we called him Steve-O, had these giant lobster claws he took a picture of himself wearing - and later, some dude posted it with the caption photoshopped in saying "I HAVE CRABS," oh sheesh, I laughed. It was some newbie so we tore into him about how crabs weren't lobsters!
You're my new favorite, Jigsaw. I swear.

My favorite memories are pretty varied, starting way back with visiting only nintendo.com and playstation.com, then building my own Angelfire websites in competition with my friends in fifth grade, then my first forum experience (in the midst of a "war" between it and some other group of spammers called the Squirtles), then coming here.

Throughout here, it's been a lot of stuff. The first anniversary, IRC, etc. My favorites, of course, involve a special someone, though personally the memories of us in real life are much better than online. But online it's still great.

Rye
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Going into Habbo Hotel with all my buddies, Battle of the Britneys, "cybering" with people just to scare them, meeting all my great friends, oh the memories go on. :)

Psychotic
10-30-2006, 11:28 PM
today I found entire episodes of South Park on YouTube. my life was changed forever.They'll be deleted soon enough. They always are.

That one time I did something stupid and someone found it funny.

Skarr
10-30-2006, 11:32 PM
today I found entire episodes of South Park on YouTube. my life was changed forever.They'll be deleted soon enough. They always are.

Yeah that's true. My happiest moment was when I found the entire Bebop episodes on Youtube, even though they're gone. I loved it and it made me stay on the net for a few weeks more.

Dreddz
10-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Having rap battles on DnB arena in the forum
.......which led to rapping on msn with voice chat.

Discussing my sexuality on hipforums.

Havent Matt and Trey said its ok for South Park episodes to be shown on youtube ?

bipper
10-30-2006, 11:37 PM
destroying emoEoEo.

Evastio
10-30-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm guessing me having this set will be everyone's most unfavourite internet memory.

Venom
10-30-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm supposed to remember/care about what I do on the internet?

Yamaneko
10-31-2006, 12:17 AM

That one time I did something stupid and someone found it funny.
YouTube just deleted hundreds of Colbert Report segments. :( I guess it's just one of the negative side effects of Google buying out YouTube.

StarlightAngel
10-31-2006, 12:38 AM
The time when I convinced that pour soul (A kid who used to be my friends' friend, but who was now not...? o.O;; ) that I was the goddess of darkness and that I was going to get him at midnight. Over AIM, of course :)

And all the various strange RPs I've had with my friends. Often I'll think back and start grinning. Then I'll think how people must think I'm a weirdo for looking like I'm on the verge of laughing at nothing.

Mitch
10-31-2006, 12:38 AM
WoW

NorthernChaosGod
10-31-2006, 06:03 AM
Flaming n00bs!!!

Miriel
10-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Let's see...

Running around FFXI with Mik, Misfit, and Levia, /following random newbies and molesting them after they died.

FFXI good times in general.

Going into the EoFF chatroom for like the first time with Del Murder as MissJuly69 and Night_Puppy and being called n00bs.

Beating Del Murder at connect four. TWICE.

Lots of other random stuff. Can't think of them at the moment.