PDA

View Full Version : Hunters Thread

Spammerman
10-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Does any one here do the hunting quests? If so, what monsters have you vanquished? Is clan Centaurio the only clan there is? Got any tips in general or for specific monsters?

I like doing them. Ive killed the tomato, thextera or whatever the rainbow wolf was, and the cactus. Im in Bhujerba and thinking aobut gettin the rocktoise if i can. I tried teh ghost, but melee didnt work. Im assuming you need magic to do real damage. For those who hate teh cactus, it helps if you have a rusted knot thing. I used it right when it used 1000 needles, and it killed it right when it started.

Dell
10-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Does any one here do the hunting quests? If so, what monsters have you vanquished? Is clan Centaurio the only clan there is? Got any tips in general or for specific monsters?

I like doing them. Ive killed the tomato, thextera or whatever the rainbow wolf was, and the cactus. Im in Bhujerba and thinking aobut gettin the rocktoise if i can. I tried teh ghost, but melee didnt work. Im assuming you need magic to do real damage. For those who hate teh cactus, it helps if you have a rusted knot thing. I used it right when it used 1000 needles, and it killed it right when it started.

Melee Attack still work against Wraith. But it won't work when he's teleporting/disappear to another place.

I like doing them, especially with reward.
I have finished Rank E/I to Rank H/VIII Bar Mob Hunt except for Pylraster (Rank H/VIII, the petitioner didn't tell you of the mark's location)
The only Clan Mob I haven't do yet is Ixion (Rank S/VII), God/The Seer (Rank S/VII), Behemoth King (Rank H/VIII) and Yazmat (Rank X/IX)

BustaMo
10-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah I just got the game and about to face the Tomato, but have you seen or heard about what the 45th Hunt's HP is? Over 50 Million! Freak'n sweet! And Omega Weapon is back, with an HP over 10 million! He's not a hunt, but that's freak'n sweet for an optional boss. His name is like "Omega Mark XII".

50 million and freak'n 10 million though...AWESOME! These hunts are going to kick ass!

Dell
11-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah I just got the game and about to face the Tomato, but have you seen or heard about what the 45th Hunt's HP is? Over 50 Million! Freak'n sweet! And Omega Weapon is back, with an HP over 10 million! He's not a hunt, but that's freak'n sweet for an optional boss. His name is like "Omega Mark XII".

50 million and freak'n 10 million though...AWESOME! These hunts are going to kick ass!

That 50 million HP guy is Yazmat. Be sure to avoid going deeper (Or not following the tomato going deeper) in the Estersand (Wild Saurian, anyone?).

Nominus Experse
11-03-2006, 01:20 PM

That 50 million HP guy is Yazmat. Be sure to avoid going deeper (Or not following the tomato going deeper) in the Estersand (Wild Saurian, anyone?).

Good, God... yes, I was the fool that waltzed up to the giant green miniature godzilla and tried stealing from it. In response, a red coloured number of "2246" flashed above my character.

Also, as a side note of advice, when you target an enemy, take note of what colour their name is:

Red is going to rape you mercilessly.
Yellow is going to hurt a little.
And blue is just simple nothing monster.

Dell
11-03-2006, 01:36 PM

Good, God... yes, I was the fool that waltzed up to the giant green miniature godzilla and tried stealing from it. In response, a red coloured number of "2246" flashed above my character.

Also, as a side note of advice, when you target an enemy, take note of what colour their name is:

Rape you mercilessly. xD

That's not just it, in Giza Plains, during the dry, there's Werewolves, during the rain, there's Storm Elemental. Elemental and Entite is the most-seen-dangerous-enemy. Elemental have about 14000 HP, while Entite have about 44000 HP. One hit of their magicks can easily open Game Over music for you. When you're at the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea/Nam-Yensa Sandsea, be sure to run should you run into Salamand Entite and avoid entering Zertinan Cavern. Make sure that you don't hunt rare monster (Rare Monster have immunity to Libra and is harder than normal monster in the place you are in) until you reach The Imperial City of Archades.

BustaMo
11-03-2006, 04:14 PM
I have 3 defeated. I tried facing Nidhogg in the mines, but I was still below level 10 when I tried it. I may go back here next time I boot up the game. I'm at about level 13 with each character right now.

I have the first 3 defeated.

Ichimonji
11-03-2006, 05:34 PM
I am at level 20 with all my characters, and I've completed eight Marks, including two elite Marks. I'm also in the process of doing one elite Mark and five normal Marks.

abrojtm
11-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Now that I know that II means two and not eleven, I'm gonna go fight Wyvern. xD

BustaMo
11-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Now that I know that II means two and not eleven, I'm gonna go fight Wyvern. xD

haha yeah, they are ranked from I-VIII in rank of difficulty.

Cruise Control
11-03-2006, 08:15 PM
I've killed:
Rogue Tomato
Thextra
Flowering Cactiod
Wraith
Cocktrice (hard with level 10's)

Tainted Angel
11-03-2006, 09:18 PM
You mean I should have killed Thextra (rainbow wolf) first and used my party of recruits to kill a ghost? (I have Vaan, Fran and Baltair as full mages. Cure, Posina, Blinda, Slow, Stop, Fire, Blizzard, one other basic ememental attack I can't remember. Plays well as a team to boot!)

Damn you fate!

I like playing with the hunts. Yea.. I've only done one alone (rogue tomato), and the one with my party. (Fran, Vaan, Baltair, and that traitor captain... can't do anything with him...)

Anyways... yea. I'll get back to it when I get to town.. problem being that I will be alone. ( :( )

Khaotic
11-03-2006, 09:54 PM

I thought that was whether they aggro you or not, yellow means they won't touch you unless they get attacked first, red means they'll attack you whether you touch them or not, and blue.. not sure, am I wrong?

Cruise Control
11-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Green, means they won't attack unless they are attacked. They usually massacre you (t-rex, Falcon thingies, Fish).

Red means they will actively chase you.

Blue means they are in oyur party.

Nominus Experse
11-04-2006, 04:21 AM

I thought that was whether they aggro you or not, yellow means they won't touch you unless they get attacked first, red means they'll attack you whether you touch them or not, and blue.. not sure, am I wrong?
Yes.

Blue An easy target
Yellow A tough target, but not impossible to defeat
Red An incredibly tough target, far beyond the pert's current level.

Found halfway down on page 32 of the manual included with the game.

Zeromus_X
11-04-2006, 04:24 AM
I've only killed that annoying tomato enemy and Thexetra (I apologize if I mispelled that).

I wonder if Gilgamesh will be a future target. If so, I suspect he'll be in the mines I've just visited, as the bridges there are very similar to the ones I saw in a video featuring a fight against him.

And yeah, I got pwned by the Werewolves at the beginning of the game. That's some FFII stuff right there.

Dell
11-04-2006, 01:49 PM
I've only killed that annoying tomato enemy and Thexetra (I apologize if I mispelled that).

I wonder if Gilgamesh will be a future target. If so, I suspect he'll be in the mines I've just visited, as the bridges there are very similar to the ones I saw in a video featuring a fight against him.

And yeah, I got pwned by the Werewolves at the beginning of the game. That's some FFII stuff right there.

There are Gilgamesh. He's called the Ancient Man of Mystery, Elite Marks, Rank VIII, located at the Lhusu Mines, the petitioner is Montblanc.

BustaMo
11-04-2006, 06:03 PM
There are Gilgamesh. He's called the Ancient Man of Mystery, Elite Marks, Rank VIII, located at the Lhusu Mines, the petitioner is Montblanc.

You get to fight Gilgamesh...twice. Either that or there's 2 forms of him.

soberscot
02-13-2007, 03:43 AM
how do you get the gilgamesh gf from odin?

soberscot
02-13-2007, 03:43 AM
anybody?

Gabranth
02-13-2007, 04:59 AM
what are you talking about?

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-13-2007, 06:01 AM
Is this a question from FFVIII? Please make a separate thread in the appropriate forum, this thread is several months old and not pertaining to FFVIII in the least, it being in the FFXII forum.