PDA

View Full Version : Just some thoughts...

Dark Messenger
10-31-2006, 12:10 PM
Once in the first battle at Riovanes Castle, one of the Archers was equipped with an Axe! I've seen this before, in a random battle at Mandalia Plains. Well, it's just one Archer that's not much of a threat on the rooftop. Why would they equip Axes? Also, in the first stage of the final battles, a Knight had a Katana. And in Igros Castle, I've seen Knights with Walk on Water and Draw Out. And Zalbag had Sing equipped! He didn't Sing since his only song was Angel Song...

I've seen Zalbag use Magic Ruin once. Dycedarg had targeted Ramza with Fire 3, so Zalbag tried to prevent it.

And has anyone actually kept Alma alive in the final battle? If the battle's too easy, pretend the objective is to 'Protect Alma'. She has a Ribbon and she can learn Ultima. I got Ramza to cast it on her to learn it. She had MBarrier up so it didn't hurt too much. Keeping her alive and well is easy with Faith Rod and maybe Math Skills. I had an Oracle with White Magic and a Faith Rod (and a Chantage, though I don't use them any more) protecting her.

I stopped using Ribbons and Chantage. My Ninjas are better off with Thief Hats for Speed and Germinas Boots and Move +2 adding up to a Move stat of 7, also allowing a Throw Range of 7 and more powerful Throws due to higher Speed.

I never give Chaos Blade to Orlandu, he's strong enough with Excalibur, Thief Hat, Power Sleeve, and Bracer. The Power Sleeve cuts his HP, but he's got Night Sword! And I tend to get him Chakra and other Punch Arts.

BG-57
11-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Once in the first battle at Riovanes Castle, one of the Archers was equipped with an Axe! I've seen this before, in a random battle at Mandalia Plains. Well, it's just one Archer that's not much of a threat on the rooftop. Why would they equip Axes? Also, in the first stage of the final battles, a Knight had a Katana. And in Igros Castle, I've seen Knights with Walk on Water and Draw Out. And Zalbag had Sing equipped! He didn't Sing since his only song was Angel Song...

The AI doesn't always pick the most logical combinations of equipment and abilities. Charge + doesn't work well with melee weapons. I can see Draw Out has some usefulness as a secondary skill as a Knight, but I almost always prefer to go with Math Skills.

I've seen Zalbag use Magic Ruin once. Dycedarg had targeted Ramza with Fire 3, so Zalbag tried to prevent it.

I tend to try to get through the battles as quickly as possible. There's a lot of special skills that you don't get to see very often because they appear in only one boss fight.

And has anyone actually kept Alma alive in the final battle? If the battle's too easy, pretend the objective is to 'Protect Alma'. She has a Ribbon and she can learn Ultima. I got Ramza to cast it on her to learn it. She had MBarrier up so it didn't hurt too much. Keeping her alive and well is easy with Faith Rod and maybe Math Skills. I had an Oracle with White Magic and a Faith Rod (and a Chantage, though I don't use them any more) protecting her.

I consider it the least I can do for Alma is have her standing at the end of the battle. I use Math Skills on her, and a mix of Math Skills and nongeneric skills to kill the bosses.

I stopped using Ribbons and Chantage. My Ninjas are better off with Thief Hats for Speed and Germinas Boots and Move +2 adding up to a Move stat of 7, also allowing a Throw Range of 7 and more powerful Throws due to higher Speed.

Chantage is actually overrated as a perfume. Yes, Reraise/Regen is very useful, but Setiemson's Auto-Haste is a better status to have. Then you can equip weapons like Chaos Blades or Javelin (II) on female units and have them make mincemeat out of foes, often before they even get a turn.

I never give Chaos Blade to Orlandu, he's strong enough with Excalibur, Thief Hat, Power Sleeve, and Bracer. The Power Sleeve cuts his HP, but he's got Night Sword! And I tend to get him Chakra and other Punch Arts.

Agreed. Orlandu already does so much damage with Excalibur that the trade-off between speed and power isn't worthwhile if you gave him a Chaos Blade.

I must sound like a shill for Math Skills, but that's what I give him. I also outfit him with Elmdor's Genji set; it suits him.