PDA

View Full Version : The suspense is killing me

starseeker
10-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Wandering though Woolworth's on my way home from school I realised that all the Christmas stuff was out. And Halloween isn't even over yet!
Advent calenders have been there for the last 2 weeks.
So here's the topic; do you think all the Christmas mania is starting too early?
I personally don't think it should start before December.

~SapphireStar~
10-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Im glad it starts early, get all the Chrimbo shopping out of the way instead of going in like a manica in December.

Meat Puppet
10-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh man, is it that time already? Gee, I thought it had only just been. That’s a little frightening, in my hereditary opinion!
And yes, I think it’s starting too early.

theundeadhero
10-31-2006, 06:06 PM
They did the same thing last year.

starseeker
10-31-2006, 06:10 PM
They did the same thing last year.

I know, that's why I find it annoying.

Bunny
10-31-2006, 06:15 PM
It's not killing fast enough.

I'm not really a holiday person. I didn't celebrate Christmas at all last year and I doubt that I will do it this year. I may get a gift for a few people this year but I wouldn't count on it.

And no, I don't think it is coming out too early. A lot of people freak out over not being able to get the stuff in time so this is convenient for them all.

Rainecloud
10-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Apparently, I'm sad. :p

BarelySeeAtAll
10-31-2006, 06:34 PM
i thought that it was really sad, the decs were in the shops before halloweens ones were!!!!!!!!!

Resha
I duck my head and run through the preliminary boughs of holly.

mooglebunni608
Grrrr, they just want to make money, start the christmas hype earlier so people will end up buying more. Kinda depressing really Y_Y

Drift
10-31-2006, 06:45 PM
christmas in november straight after fireworks night

BarelySeeAtAll
10-31-2006, 06:58 PM
fireworks are already going off now, this world is coming too early!!!!!

Christmas
10-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Santa need more time to prepare gifts for nice lovely children. :(

Quindiana Jones
10-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Yes, Christmas always comes prematurely. :bigsmile:

Psychotic
10-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Woolworth's don't tell me what to do with my house, so I'm not gonna tell them what to do with their shop. But hey, if they think it'll make them more money, then good for them.

Loony BoB
10-31-2006, 07:25 PM
November is an acceptable time to start considering Christmas presents, I find. I'm pretty sure it was much worse last year.

I've already got a good idea of what I'm going to get some (read: two) people.

Quindiana Jones
10-31-2006, 07:25 PM
Psy's a secret agent for Woolie's and is just trying to get us to spend money to go towards his giant sign. DON'T FALL FOR HIS DASTARDLY TRICKS.

NOT SPAM: I don't buy Christmas present till early December, if that. And they always suck anyway so....

Skyblade
10-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Preparing for Christmas before even Halloween is ridiculous. Wait at least until after Thanksgiving people.

Psychotic
10-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Psy's a secret agent for Woolie's and is just trying to get us to spend money to go towards his giant sign. DON'T FALL FOR HIS DASTARDLY TRICKS.W£O$OOLBWEOYR!T$H£S

No idea what you're talking about.

Quindiana Jones
10-31-2006, 07:37 PM
That may work on these simple-minded fools, but I obey none but the crab (http://weebls-stuff.com/games/Obey+the+Crab/).

RiseToFall
10-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Yes, it's way too early to put up Christmas decorations. My g/f and her parents who are huge on during all that flashy stuff during Christmas already put up one tree. And yes that just one, as in they will put up like 4 or 5 trees by the time Christmas actually comes.

My reaction?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Vikeve
10-31-2006, 07:53 PM
That annoys me they do it every year at least wait till thanksgiving is over. here doing the same thing where I live I can't stand it..... well apparantly i can but it still is annoying.

Xander
10-31-2006, 08:19 PM
It always does, I don't care as I'll be avoiding it, Christmas is about the Wii for me, and I'll do my christmas shopping online. :D

Martyr
10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Grrrr, they just want to make money, start the christmas hype earlier so people will end up buying more. Kinda depressing really Y_Y

It never depresses me when people show ambition in their attempts to entrepeneur extra money. EVEN if they take advantage of a Commercial Holiday. (Oh no!)

As long as it's not some church giving Christianity a bad name by using Christmas for making money, then I'm all for aggressive capitalism in the American market.

That said, I don't care if they start advertising Christmas decorations on December 28th. I'm still not going to worry about it until the 5th of December, so it's sort of irrelevant to me. If somebody tries to sell me a sock snowman in OCtober, I'll crush the capitalist's dreams ignoring the offer and continuing on to buy socks. What I went in there for. I don't see why people get so pissy about seeing Christmas decorations. They're nicer than empty, hospital pale white painted walls.

Which means, now that I've thought about my answer, maybe I should have voted differently. Edit: Meh. I voted right enough.

Iceglow
10-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Seeing as I work in a supermarket that sells decorations I can actually tell you that we STARTED getting xmas stock in JUNE! and next year it'll be easter when we get it in! (ok so over exaggeration and messing about with easter but we had xmas lines in since june this year)

I don't like x-mas too much I mean I don't believe or rather I don't accept the existence of Christianity. I still get "X-mas pressies" for people and recieve them but it bears no other meaning for me other than nice things.

Rye
10-31-2006, 10:37 PM
I love the Christmas stuff being about, but yeah, just a tad too early. xD

NorthernChaosGod
10-31-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't care, I just want my presents.

The Unknown Guru
10-31-2006, 11:57 PM
YES. I HATE CHRISTMASMANIA. I AM AWARE THAT I AM YELLING.

Cipher
11-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Yeah, no kidding. Back when I was much younger (when Regular Gas was 89 cents per gallon and dinosaurs played hopscotch with Jesus...), Christmas shopping didn't start until the day after Thanksgiving.

Then again, we weren't exposed to the horror of Tickle-Me-Elmo Mania. Thankfully, that was looong after I started looking at Christmas as more of a Yay Jesus! kind of way and less of a Presents or Death! way.

Roto13
11-01-2006, 12:20 AM
I have all of my Christmas shopping done. But yeah, it all starts too early. I pretty much have to block it out or it's not special any more.

Anaisa
11-01-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't really mind the stuff being in the shops early because that serves a purpose. But when decorations are up in the street in October, I think that's ridiculous.

Fate Fatale
11-02-2006, 01:15 AM
We usually wait 'till a few weeks after Halloween or the day after Thanksgiving, but something about X-Mas makes feel fuzzy inside... and I hate eggnogg, so it's not the alcohol.

Hambone
11-02-2006, 04:20 AM
PRESENTS. NOW. I agree with Fates Forgotten.

Pete for President
11-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Yesterday a radiostation was proud of playing the first christmas song on Dutch radio 2006. I think it's ridiculous.

Marshall Banana
11-02-2006, 08:13 AM
My mother has already put up a new Christmas tree and wants to decorate it next week. =O

Reine
11-03-2006, 04:33 AM
Christmas, it pretty much bugs me and annoys me every year now. When your a kid, you love it, as its like a birthday, you get lots of presents and free stuff.

But when you older, its just a money draining holiday. Plus, im sick of christmas ads and christmas movies and TV christmas specials etc.

Iceglow
11-03-2006, 05:04 AM
Well since it only got cold over here in not so rainy England it should be christmas approximately some time next millenium. Our weather is screwed up atm which means I like it but hey if its going to be christmas in 2 months it needs to be cold a lot earlier than this.

Jack
11-03-2006, 05:10 AM
Iceglow... It'll be okay with the weather.
Just think: R.A.R.B.A.A.L.

DarkLadyNyara
11-03-2006, 05:12 AM
Yes, Christmas always comes prematurely. :bigsmile:

Not sayin' a word...

But, yeah, this is ridiculous. I now have two months of holiday songs to look foreward to. :mad: Urge...to...kill...rising...