PDA

View Full Version : End Boss, Help!

MisterRikku
10-31-2006, 06:08 PM
So i'm finally nea\r the end of starting the game then putting it away for 9months and guess what, i can beat Trane Kuja no problem but the pesky Necron is proving to be a major pain in my arse.
As anybody got any tips?
My highest level of character is 54 and my lowest is 26.
Do you recommend me leveling up more? Is it possible? Or am i too late and i'll have to start again from the begining? Please not the latter.
I did save several different blocks so it is possible to go back slightly.

Anyway any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Sefie1999AD
10-31-2006, 07:32 PM
The key to defeating Necron is to have loads of abilities that protect you from status ailments. Try to get protected from as many as you can. The ailments caused by Grand Cross are pretty much random, so if you get 4 Deaths or Doom countdowns, you just had terrible luck, and there's nothing you could really do about it. Spend as many points on status protection as you can.

If you still can, spend some ability points on High Tide for your offensive characters. Trance is useful for defeating Necron, especially since it heals you from all your status ailments. Make sure you have someone who can heal your party since Neutron Ring and other spells will hurt your party. If Freya's Dragon Crest does a lot of damage, use it! It ignores Necron's Protect and Shell effects, IIRC. Have Steiner use his strongest sword techs he has. If all your characters absorb Shadow attacks, have Vivi use Doomsday. Dagger and/or Eiko can heal and summon, Amarant can use his monk techs and Quina can use Angel's Snack if you have it (make sure you have a lot of Remedies too!).

Some extra tricks you may consider: using a Tent on Necron at the beginning of the battle will give him some status problems (it heals 9999 HP for him too, but it doesn't matter if he's at full HP). After that, use any Dark Matter items you have (you can get them from Treno Auction Shop). Each Dark Matter will do 9999 damage.

The final battle is pretty much about surviving Grand Cross and then killing Necron before he casts it again. Even better if you can kill him before he casts Grand Cross, although I've never managed to do that.

MisterRikku
10-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Time to give it another wallop!!

boys from the dwarf
10-31-2006, 08:57 PM
i'd level up more to around 55-65 but make sure you have curaga. i was struggling with necron too but as soon as i went to the black mage village and taught garnet curaga, i won.

amarant is a very useful character because of his aura ability. i would have found the game harder without the aura ability. if you use all of amarants tursn casting aura and possibly give him haste, all of your characters will have auto-life so if neutron ring kills them or grand cross dooms them, they'll be brought back. if all four of your characters have aura, use amarant to throw powerful items. you wont need them when the game is over after all.

what characters do you tend to use?

MisterRikku
10-31-2006, 09:42 PM
Hi,
i've been using Zidane, Dagger (god i hate that name,lol), Freyer and Quina. The last time i tried it i thought i was doing quite well but then got wiped out.
Thanks for everybody's advice, i really appreciate it.

Jimsour
10-31-2006, 10:21 PM
I remember when the fight with Necron took me completely by suprise, but I beat him anyway.. I must have died about 10 times too..

I had Auto-Revive (or something similar, either way I couldnt die), and I literally just wore him down.

I forget how I got that ability, and where, its been waaaayy too long but try and search around for it and get it for as much characters as possible that you are fighting with..

boys from the dwarf
11-01-2006, 07:57 AM
i'd get garnet curaga, level up more and replace freya or quina with amarant.

amarants auto-life aura is very useful. does quina know mighty gaurd? its a very useful ability. you may or may not want to replace someone with amarant though seems as freya is a good fighter and backup character and quina has great blue magic if used right.

10-Breaker
11-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I had bout same lvl as you had. Only protection and good gear is needed. ^^

MisterRikku
11-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Well i finally finished it, woo hoo!!

One big problem though, i finished watched the long ending and what did my ps2 do when the credits finished rolling? My screen stayed on the 'The End' screen and wouldn't move, i pressed everything i could've pressed and nothing. I left it for half an hour and still nothing so in the end i turned it off.
Has that happened to anybody else?

aerithsloveslave
11-03-2006, 12:20 PM

One big problem though, i finished watched the long ending and what did my ps2 do when the credits finished rolling? My screen stayed on the 'The End' screen and wouldn't move, i pressed everything i could've pressed and nothing. I left it for half an hour and still nothing so in the end i turned it off.

What else is suppossed to happen?

BTW, as was said, being around level 60 is a good idea and load up on anti-status abilities. I had Zidane use Thievery, Freya use that dragon attack (the one where a large dragon comes out from the ground), Steiner use Shock, and Eiko cast Holy. Have everyone equipped with Auto-Regen and have Eiko heal/use Ethers and Elixers when necessary.

MisterRikku
11-03-2006, 01:21 PM
What i meant was is there no way to save the completed game or is that it when it gets to the end? Its a case of switching it off and back on. Is there no way to start it again with everything that you have acquired?

Twilight Edge
11-03-2006, 02:40 PM
What i meant was is there no way to save the completed game or is that it when it gets to the end? Its a case of switching it off and back on. Is there no way to start it again with everything that you have acquired?

Yes, you can't save a completed game. When you restart the game, you will go back to where you last saved.

Sefie1999AD
11-03-2006, 08:46 PM

You can't save your game after entering the final battles against Kuja and Necron. However, there's actually one thing you can do in the screen that says The End: Press R2, L1, R2, R2, Up, X, Right, Circle, Down, Triangle, L2, R1, R2, L1, Square and Square. This will take you to play Blackjack with FF cards. Press those buttons again in order to do it again. :D

MisterRikku
11-04-2006, 01:39 AM

You can't save your game after entering the final battles against Kuja and Necron. However, there's actually one thing you can do in the screen that says The End: Press R2, L1, R2, R2, Up, X, Right, Circle, Down, Triangle, L2, R1, R2, L1, Square and Square. This will take you to play Blackjack with FF cards. Press those buttons again in order to do it again. :D

Thanks for that, i'll try it.

VengefulRonin
11-14-2006, 01:15 AM
I never did that blackjack game, i dont like that game xD

Necron is pretty frikkin easy IF you meet the right criteria:
1. make sure you're protected against most, if not all, bad statuses
2. make sure all your characters are at least mid 50's, although it's certainly much easier if you're in your 60's
3. screw eiko's Holy, its weak, and screw the dark matter items. get everyone armour or some type of item that either guards or absorbs (absorb is definitely better) dark attacks, and let vivi use Doomsday every turn
4. put Zidane on high tide...with his trance doing 9999 each time he uses it and Vivi's doomsday doing 9999, necron will go down fast

Bolivar
11-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Protect against Status Ailments and you'll be good.

I had Steiner, Zidane, Vivi, and Garnet yesterday to beat him, Steiner died pretty quick, but I just had vivi casting a focused flare (didn't have doomsday), Garnet summoning Bahamut (she tranced and for some reason summoned him twice a turn or somethin like that) and had Zidane attack, eventually he went down, 1st try, alot easier than I thought.

Good luck.

Laddy
11-15-2006, 10:15 PM
This was my group for Necron:

Zidane
Freya
Quina
Amarant

Make sure to have high TRANCE, then use every ability in your arsenal, This was what I did:

First, Zidane used Grand Lethal
Second, Amarant threw an item.
Then I made Quina use Frog Drop
Then I had Freya used Spear.

That tacked off a lot, repeat, however, have Zidane attack with all he got and make Freya jump if they're not in TRANCE. Make Quina, Amarant, or Freya heal when needed.

Equip these skills:

Auto-Potion
HP+Whatever
MP+Whatever
Any status immunities you can use.

Equipment:

Anything that effects conditions or attributes, and use the strongest weapons and armor.

That's what I did.

IsntFFIXGrand
12-06-2006, 03:07 AM
Necron has an annoying habit of casting spells in this order:

Blizzaga
Shell
Protect
Grand Cross
Neutron Ring
Firaga
Thundaga
Blue Shockwave
Blue Shockwave
Grand Cross
Neutron Ring
Thundaga
Shell
Protect
Blizzaga
Firaga
Blue Shockwave
Firaga
Firaga
Grand Cross
Neutron Ring

The thing you have to watch out for is Grand Cross, followed up by a Neutron Ring. Not only will you be affected by lots of s**t, you'll take on 1500 - 3000HP damage. Necron will usually use Blue Shockwave on 1 or 2 characters, which reduces their HP to one. Think of it as the same as Kefka's Fallen One spell (Reduces all char's HP to 1), but only targets one char. He'll use something that targets all your characters, killing at least one char. Here is a useful party:

NON-GAMESHARK:

Eiko - Make sure she knows Phoenix and Curaga
Amarant - AURA HELPS HERE!
Steiner - (If he has the Exaclibur II, not even the Ragnarok. If he dosen't have the Excalibur II, use Vivi)
Zidane - ONLY if he has the Ultima Weapon. If not, Use Quina. This is why you need Steiner's Excalibur II, because Zidane may not have the Ultima Weapon. The Excalibur II does more damage, but just a bit.

GAMESHARK:

Beatrix - Always do Shock and Climhazzard, use her to heal too.
Zidane - Ultima Weapon.
Vivi - Flare and Doomsday
Dagger - Adiitional Healing and Eidolons

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Zidane - attack
Quina - Frog Drop/ Status Cure
Freya - Dragon's Crest
Dagger - Healing/ Ark

You should equip auto-life, auto haste and auto regen

EDIT: You might want to consider having Amarant throw the non-active party member's ultimate weapons since you won't be needing them provided you've unequipped them first. There's only about 70000 HP to knock off anyway

Little Blue
12-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Zidane- Treasure Chest
Freya- Dragon's Crest

Those two both did 9999 damage, provided Zidane has stolen enough and that you've killed enough dragons.

I also had Vivi casting Flare and Dagger summoning Ark or Bahamut.

I also equipped auto -haste, -life, -regen.

The black mage
12-07-2006, 08:27 PM
The only decent party is:
Zidane: Having all trance abilities
Vivi: Doomsday
Steiner: Just uses His version of Doomsday
Dagger: Uses white magic
Also every character with an item that absorbs or negates Shadow damage, all characters have High tide.
This party killed him quickly, only died once and that was when I wasn’t prepared.
PS. I forgot my Levels
:fencing::shoot:
Edit: found them no one above 50