PDA

View Full Version : Fran Can't Heal?

Gwydion
11-01-2006, 05:52 AM
So I got the game today...was standing outside the store at 6am....nobody else showed up....anyhow...

I am now in the passageway where all the mimics are...im about level 7 or so. I have used Fran as a main healer for the beginning, but now she does not have a mana pool. Is this an error, or did I miss some story content? It's not even like she ran out of mana and just needs to regen it. She has a mana pool of 0. I made it through the first part of the mines, but I waste about 12 health pots and 2 or 3 of the rezzing pots as well.

I don't see how I can conceivably complete this without purchasing about 30 health potions...and even then, I don't understand why they would make her just randomly run out of mana. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Ichimonji
11-01-2006, 06:39 AM
I'm not sure if it's story related, as you could be farther than me in terms of storyline. However, it could be something you have equiped on her perhaps. For instance, the magicite that you stole from the palace brings the wearer's MP to zero.

ShinigamiWolf
11-01-2006, 07:26 AM
well I've been there and gone past it and my fran didn't have a single problem as I too use her a my main healer. all I could guess for u is that u may possibly have found one of the games bugs

Necronopticous
11-01-2006, 08:35 AM
It is surely as Ichimonji guessed, you probably equipped the Goddess Magicite accessory without realizing that it sets your MP to 0 at all times while equipped.

Gwydion
11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot. That spoiler is exactly what is going on. I guess I missed the debuff. I spent about 4 hours trying to rush through that part of th game, buying all phoneix down and just running without fighting anything....I actually got pretty far! I cant wai tto tr it again without doing my stupid mistake! Not reading debuffs ftl!

Gwyd

BustaMo
11-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah that's true about the accessory that Necro mentioned. It does boost your magick defense or something or other to like 18, but it depletes your total MP to 0 and you can't regain it. I don't think it's of much use if you equip it, so just keep a hold of it in your inventory for now aqnd equip something like the Orchalaan (spelling?) accessory that Tomaj gives you. You can buy more of them from traveling merchants and they boost your HP a bit.

Dell
11-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah that's true about the accessory that Necro mentioned. It does boost your magick defense or something or other to like 18, but it depletes your total MP to 0 and you can't regain it. I don't think it's of much use if you equip it, so just keep a hold of it in your inventory for now aqnd equip something like the Orchalaan (spelling?) accessory that Tomaj gives you. You can buy more of them from traveling merchants and they boost your HP a bit.

Orrachea Armlet.