PDA

View Full Version : Memoria and the FATE of the Invincible

QuinnQuin
11-01-2006, 01:25 PM
As the name of this thread implies, I need a bit of information reguarding Memoria.

As some of you may remember I am a huge fan of IX's airship, the Invincible. Though, the end of the game makes its fate unclear. So, I'd like to know in the end is Memoria, the place of memory, destroyed or merely sealed.

Also in the end, after defeating Necron, you are teleported from Necron to outside the Iifa Tree by the Invincible, though this may suggest that it could possess an AI of some sort, however this is not what I am asking. I just want to know if it's destroyed or--hopefully--sealed with Memoria.

Avter reading various other threads I've noticed that a user by the name of The Crystal may know someone who has read the IX Ultimania Guide.

Cookie
11-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Why do you want to know the fate of an airship. I'm sure it's fine since it's not real, but then again i'm sure it doesn't have feelings...

QuinnQuin
11-01-2006, 02:04 PM
We'll just say...personal interest.

Cookie
11-01-2006, 02:11 PM
OK then, if you have the internet then look it up.

QuinnQuin
11-01-2006, 02:15 PM
I already have, if you've read any of the other threads you'd know that there is NOTHING reguarding a FFIX Ultimania translation. That's whay I've come hear to acquire the knowledge. And as I do not know Japanese it will be a trifle bit difficult to read even if I order the guide.

Twilight Edge
11-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Was it the Invincible that teleported them out? I thought it was Kuja. :confused:

Christmas
11-01-2006, 02:18 PM
The same question aroused me. What happened to all those cute little lovely black mages? :(

QuinnQuin
11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
If you pay attention to how they are teleported it's exactly the way the Invincible teleports people. However it is plausible that Kuja commanded the Invincible to teleport everyone out, as he does have a degree of remote control over the Invincible so long as it's vacant.

Twilight Edge
11-01-2006, 02:48 PM
But the thing is, the portals in Kuja's Palace also have the same teleport portal, so I assumed that it was Kuja as he himself knows how to teleport.

QuinnQuin
11-01-2006, 03:28 PM
I knew that point was going to be made. However if it were kuja's magick he wouldn't have needed the silver dragon. And these warp points were only in specific locations. Upon further meditation this leads me to change myhypothesis of the Invincible having a degree of AI.

Quindiana Jones
11-01-2006, 07:40 PM
It was Kuja who teleported everybody out. That is a fact. Perhaps he used the dragon to look good? Or maybe the teleportiness was just a Trance ability?

I reckon the Invincible crashed somewhere near Madain Sari and is fine. It is a gnarly ship.

LOL YOUR NAME IS A BIT LIKE MINE.

cloud21zidane16
11-01-2006, 09:00 PM
i think for topics like this you have to use your imagination. If you feel happier knowing the invincible wasnt destroyed then tell yourself thats what happened the invincible is fine;) and besides its just an airship which you have for a very short time when you think about it :nonono:

Sefie1999AD
11-01-2006, 09:50 PM
The Airship Invincible should be fine, I didn't see it getting destroyed, though it's been a while since I saw the ending, so I could have forgotten about a few things. However, I'm quite sure it was Kuja who teleported the characters to the outside of the Iifa Tree. Here's some of the dialogue between Zidane and Kuja:

KUJA: "Your comrades were able to escape?"
ZIDANE: "Yeah... I knew you had something to do with it."

Jigsaw
11-04-2006, 05:00 AM
It found a momma airship and got down to some lovin'.

Captain Maxx Power
11-04-2006, 02:19 PM
The same question aroused me. What happened to all those cute little lovely black mages? :(

THEY ALL DIED!!! :bigsmile:

spartancode117
11-05-2006, 03:03 AM
there should be no way the airship was destroyed. after all, it is named the invincible. and seeing how terra seemed to have WAY more advanced technology than gaia, i wouldn't be suprised if it had an onboard AI.

boys from the dwarf
11-05-2006, 11:44 AM
when you enter the memoria i believe the invincible is outside. which is why when you leave memoria, you are beamed out and appear straight at the invincible. the invincibles probably just somewhere near the lifa tree.

Final Killer
11-28-2006, 10:25 PM
when you enter the memoria i believe the invincible is outside. which is why when you leave memoria, you are beamed out and appear straight at the invincible. the invincibles probably just somewhere near the lifa tree.

I agree, it's probably safe and sound.