PDA

View Full Version : Urban Legends...

McLovin'
11-01-2006, 10:28 PM
So lets hear some ghost/urban stories you know eh?

Here is one...

The Babysitter

A young couple living in a large isolated house had gone out to a dinner party one evening and left the baby-sitter in charge of their two children. The children had been put to bed and the baby-sitter was watching the television when the phone rang. She answered but all she heard was a man laughing hysterically and then a voice saying, "I'm upstairs with the children, you'd better come up." Thinking it was "one of those phone calls" or a practical joke she slammed down the receiver and turned the television sound up. A short time later the phone rang again and, as she picked it up, the unmistakable hysterical laughter came down the line and the voice once again said "I'm upstairs with the children, you'd better come up."
Getting rather frightened she called the operator and was advised they would notify the police and, should he phone again, could she keep him talking in order to give them time to trace the call and have him arrested. Minutes after she replaced the receiver the phone rang again and, when the voice said, "I'm upstairs with the children, you'd better come up," she tried to keep him talking. However, he must have guessed what she was trying to do and he put the phone down. Only seconds later the phone rang again, this time it was the operator who said, "Get out of the house straight away, the man is on the extension." The baby-sitter put down the phone and just then heard someone coming down the stairs. She fled from the house and ran straight into the arms of the police. They burst into the house and found a man brandishing a large butcher's knife. He had entered the house through an upstairs window, murdered both the children and was just about to do the same to the poor baby-sitter.

Cookie
11-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey that's a pretty good story, shame I don't know any, hope people post more. :D

rubah
11-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Man I wouldn't hire any babysitter that would just sit around and not even check on the children!

Supposedly there's lights you can see over some town around here that is about something or other. I never really bothered to find out the story or go and see it.

Vikeve
11-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Heres one let me think this IS a real story that happened to a friend's mother's friend a little while ago.....

She was also baby sitting two children and everything was going on as normal she played with the kids until they all got drained and tired and decided to watch some T.V nothing unusual. It was late at this time and they were watching TV upstairs in the kids playroom. Standing right next to the T.V was a clone statue thing for decoration she thought that looked extremely realistic and she thought to herself "wow thats a really realistic statue how cool". So since it was late it was also dark in the room except for the light coming from the T.V and the children were freakin out saying that the statue was moving and the but she didn't listen to them becuase it was obviuosly a trick of their mind. Since the statue looked expensive the baby sitter went down stairs to call the parents at the party to see if she could move the statue. When she told the mother about the statue the mother immidiatly screeched "GET OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW!" freaked out the baby sitter crabbed the children and ran to a neibers house to call the police. And the scary thing is that the statue was a real person who ran away from a mental hospital and was clearly insane he thought he could get away from the police by dressing up as a clown or something. He got into the house becuase for the baby sitter the parents left the back door opened.:(

Thats such a freak coincidence that I doubt it happened i'll get back to you later by asking the mother she won't lie to me the way Mary would. But Mary's not the type of person to lie.:rolleyes2

Most other stories i hear are the many different beliefs of what would happen if you chanted bloody mary three times in the dead of night. Ofcourse a couple one of my friends tried that and nothing happened.

oddler
11-02-2006, 12:05 AM
I've done the chanting thing before but you're supposed to do it in front of a mirror. Nothing happened except for my stomach practically inching its way up out of my throat.

Vikeve
11-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Yup one friend did it in front of a mirror at night and nothing happened. Then three of my friends together did it in front of a mirror together but for some reason they thoguth they were supposed to spin in circles really fast while doing it:rolleyes2 and then one of them freaked out thinking she saw bloody Mary so they all started screaming and ran away really fast.

Craig
11-02-2006, 12:23 AM
www.snopes.com

Rase
11-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Here's (http://www.haystacklanding.com) one from around here. You may have heard of it: Haystack Landing, the supposed "most haunted place on earth".

Vikeve
11-02-2006, 01:36 AM
Here's (http://www.haystacklanding.com) one from around here. You may have heard of it: Haystack Landing, the supposed "most haunted place on earth".

Is that supposed to be scary becuase if its not then i'll watch the clip but I stoped watching it after it said "the things you don't see" which just happens to be the first line. I get scared easily as you may tell.:( Im kind of scared right now and I didn't watch anything im pathetic.:cry:

NorthernChaosGod
11-02-2006, 03:02 AM
www.snopes.com

^wins.

Rase
11-02-2006, 06:29 AM

Is that supposed to be scary becuase if its not then i'll watch the clip but I stoped watching it after it said "the things you don't see" which just happens to be the first line. I get scared easily as you may tell.:( Im kind of scared right now and I didn't watch anything im pathetic.:cry:
If you mean the video, I don't know, since I was to afraid to watch it also. XD

You could have clicked "skip intro" to see the actual information of the site (here (http://www.haystacklanding.com/incident.html)). As for it being scary, well, that depends on who you are. Here's the summary of "the incident" that happened there from the site.

In October of 1995, Rick Williams, a professor of parapsychology from a northern California university, brought five students with him for a typical weekend expedition to investigate a reported haunted house, located north of the San Francisco bay area in the small town of Petaluma.

The house was scheduled for demolition by a corporation that was in the process of closing a deal to purchase the prime real estate historically known as "Haystack Landing," located in the southwestern end of town.

The actual onsite investigation by this group began several hours behind schedule due to one of the students being late to the motel meeting site. Then, shortly after beginning the investigation on-site, student Chad Grochowski was sent back to the motel by Professor Williams, due to the need for additional lighting and power sources.

When Mr. Grochowski returned to the site, almost ninety minutes later, he could not have in any way been prepared for what he was about to discover.

The Sonoma County Sheriff's Department brought in their Special Investigations Division to thoroughly analyze the crime scene and assess the true nature of what these researchers really encountered that evening.

After several years of forensic analysis and investigation, no definitive conclusions have ever been made surrounding the events that took place late that evening.

Also, here's (http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/images/IMG_0012.JPG) a picture of the house where this happened (here's (http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/images/Shaan-at-Haystack-8--29-04bw-sm.jpg) another). It burned down in 2004 under "suspicious circumstances".

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
11-02-2006, 08:50 AM
I have one.

There was this girl and guy dating. When they were about to go home, their car broke down. Getting out from the car to see what went wrong, the boyfriend realized they had a flat tire. He told his girlfriend to stay put in the car and don't let any strangers come in as he was going to get help.

So, the girl waited inside. And then, she saw a suspicious man walking toward their car. He tapped on the window but she ignored him. then, he tried banging the car with his wrist, but the girl still continued ignoring him. Then, he started circling the car with an angry face. The girl soon was scared but was relieved when the man went away.

The girl continued waiting, but at least an hour had passed and still no sign of help or her boyfriend. She thought it was kinda weird to get help this long. And then, the suspicious man came back. The girl got so scared. Then, the man walked to her window and lifted her boyfriend's decapitated head and the girl screamed. Then, suddenly, the man, with his other hand, raised the car keys.

Markus. D
11-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Im kinda scared now T-T

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
11-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Im kinda scared now T-T

Why so?

Markus. D
11-02-2006, 11:19 AM
I have one.

There was this girl and guy dating. When they were about to go home, their car broke down. Getting out from the car to see what went wrong, the boyfriend realized they had a flat tire. He told his girlfriend to stay put in the car and don't let any strangers come in as he was going to get help.

So, the girl waited inside. And then, she saw a suspicious man walking toward their car. He tapped on the window but she ignored him. then, he tried banging the car with his wrist, but the girl still continued ignoring him. Then, he started circling the car with an angry face. The girl soon was scared but was relieved when the man went away.

The girl continued waiting, but at least an hour had passed and still no sign of help or her boyfriend. She thought it was kinda weird to get help this long. And then, the suspicious man came back. The girl got so scared. Then, the man walked to her window and lifted her boyfriend's decapitated head and the girl screamed. Then, suddenly, the man, with his other hand, raised the car keys.

I fail at not remembering stories like these xD ._.

~SapphireStar~
11-02-2006, 11:42 AM
I have one.

I heard this when I was in primary school ... didnt scare me then and it still doesnt.

blackmage_nuke
11-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I've done the chanting thing before but you're supposed to do it in front of a mirror. Nothing happened except for my stomach practically inching its way up out of my throat.
try it with Biggie Smalls instead of Bloody Mary

Mo-Nercy
11-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Dude, I just got linked to this:

O_O (http://youtube.com/watch?v=AW4PDE2PwWw)

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
11-02-2006, 12:52 PM
I have one.

I heard this when I was in primary school ... didnt scare me then and it still doesnt.

Lol. Wasn't really scary. It did gave me some thought.

oddler
11-02-2006, 09:36 PM
try it with Biggie Smalls instead of Bloody Mary

Absolutely not. If Bloody Mary scares me, then there would be no way that I could withstand the horrible sight of an undead rapper in my bathroom.

NorthernChaosGod
11-02-2006, 10:06 PM

There was a hole in the fence. -_-

Rase
11-03-2006, 12:31 AM

If you look you'll notice there is a telephone pole to the left, you can only see it for a second but it's there. Behind that, there is no fence. Remember when the driver went off the screen of the camera? Well, he went around the fence and drove off. And it works out because he is driving off at an angle from the fence. Here is the diagram. (This is a rough diagram, not EXACT obviously)

http://www.austinserver.com/img/scraped/200608/6/6e5c6f3e16a408cd35f342b5731dacf5_untitledkh2_png.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The Black straight line is the fence, the black circle is pole. That's its approximate location, it could be farther/closer away from the fence. The blue line is police car and X is where it stopped. The red line is the "Ghost Car" (again, that is not the exact path it took, it might not have swerved, it was not on camera, remember?). So yeah, thats how it was done. And yes the police line is supposed to be at and angle cause remember, in the video the fence was at and angle.[/quote]

Christmas
06-09-2023, 11:44 AM
Loony BoB will come to your house and bonk your PC while drinking all your soup if you do not forward this post to another sucker.