PDA

View Full Version : I Feel SO Stupid Right Now...

Cipher
11-02-2006, 06:29 AM
So, I finally got my grubby paws on a copy of FFXII, and I've been playing for the last hour, blissfully. Only, there's one problem.

I can't figure out how to use the friggin potions in my Item List! :confused:

I feel so freakin' stupid because it's probably something extremely simple. Help? Please?

feioncastor
11-02-2006, 06:53 AM
You know how your guy fights automatically? Well, if you push "X", your little menu will pop up saying "Attack", "Items", "Techniques" and so forth. Just select item, select the item you want to use, and who you want to use it on (I'd assume either Recks or Vaan, depending on how far you are). You know that little gauge that has to fill up every time you attack? You know how it says "Attack" over it? I believe when you tell someone to use an item, that gauge will say "Potion" over it, until the item is used once the gauge fills up.

And I'm fairly certain that your character will then resume attacking automatically, although you may want to re-enter the "Attack" command, just in case.

Cipher
11-02-2006, 06:59 AM
...I am so slow. >.< I've been playing FFVII to pass the time until I was able to play XII, so I automatically assumed that you could go into your Inventory list and use a potion from there.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

~SapphireStar~
11-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Dont worry Cipher, I can see myself doing the same thing!

Markus. D
11-02-2006, 11:08 AM
that folks is why we read the ever pretty manuals :)

Dell
11-02-2006, 01:02 PM
You know how your guy fights automatically? Well, if you push "X", your little menu will pop up saying "Attack", "Items", "Techniques" and so forth. Just select item, select the item you want to use, and who you want to use it on (I'd assume either Recks or Vaan, depending on how far you are). You know that little gauge that has to fill up every time you attack? You know how it says "Attack" over it? I believe when you tell someone to use an item, that gauge will say "Potion" over it, until the item is used once the gauge fills up.

And I'm fairly certain that your character will then resume attacking automatically, although you may want to re-enter the "Attack" command, just in case.

The character will attack automatically but he/she won't attack after he/she kill the enemy he/she is attacking.

You can't use Items in Towns. Best find a save crystal.

James16
11-02-2006, 03:04 PM
an on the plus side you can always set a party member with a potion using gambit.( dont know if someone said that already). So that way you dont even have to bother with pulling up the screen an selecting a char to use it on. Always very very helpful for me.

Rean_The_Exiled
11-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Yep...happened to me. But luckily, i didn't run out of potions due to the Gambit system until i got Firemane to 25% HPand thats when i ran out. But First Aid saved my skin.

Dell
11-02-2006, 03:56 PM
an on the plus side you can always set a party member with a potion using gambit.( dont know if someone said that already). So that way you dont even have to bother with pulling up the screen an selecting a char to use it on. Always very very helpful for me.

I recommend Cure over Potion.

BustaMo
11-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah I found myself going through the first couple times and trying to use items in my menu screen. Actually though, I prefer this method of more real-time on the field usage of items and everything.

You're not stupid. :p

Nominus Experse
11-03-2006, 01:13 PM
I still access the off-screen menu from time to time...

You're not alone - we're all still learning this fresh FF.

James16
11-03-2006, 04:37 PM
very true...to me its a little hard to be gettin used to but i can tell once i do get used to it im going to fall in love with the fighting system, an leveling system ,etc.