PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth used in another game?

Rean_The_Exiled
11-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Yep, i just started playing Tales of the Abyss when all of a sudden they use Sephiroth as a term! I forgot what is is though but dang; sure suprised me and the game is by Bandai/Namco.

Ryushikaze
11-02-2006, 04:16 PM
::fingertwirl:: Whooo...

The term WELL predates FF7, and it's unsurprising that Tales, which tends to borrow religious concepts, would use it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, the Sephiroth is the Kabbalistic embodiment of ten main aspects of God. Off the top of my head, it's also referenced in Xenogears and the anime Evangelion.

Jowy
11-02-2006, 05:36 PM
http://www.thelemapedia.org/images/9/97/Treeoflife0.gif

^ visualization

Ryushikaze
11-02-2006, 08:35 PM
You can also find it in Full Metal Alchemist on the door to truth.

Keyblade Hybrid
11-06-2006, 01:57 AM
Well since Sephiroth is really not a logo or name owned by a company...is it possible to use the name on other products without being pulled in by law?

Zeromus_X
11-06-2006, 02:15 AM
The final floor of the Spiral Tower looks just like the Tree of Life.

Er, yeah, anyway, I don't think they'll get in trouble as they aren't even using the character Sephiroth himself, they're using a religious concept which has been referenced in many forms of media, and will be referenced in the future.

Orophin
11-06-2006, 02:21 AM
Why do you think Square took the name Sephiroth for the bad guy of FFVII? It's because Sephiroth wants to become one and that a sephiroth, if I remember correctly, is something related to god. They didn't create the word Sephiroth.

~SapphireStar~
11-06-2006, 04:22 PM
I never knew Sephiroth was an actual word. Learn something new every day.

MJN SEIFER
11-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Why do you think Square took the name Sephiroth for the bad guy of FFVII? It's because Sephiroth wants to become one and that a sephiroth, if I remember correctly, is something related to god. They didn't create the word Sephiroth.

Yes that's how they got the name Sephiroth, Also there's another FFVII character in that "Tree" aswell (Spelt differently)

Gullick
11-25-2006, 08:26 PM
http://www.thelemapedia.org/images/9/97/Treeoflife0.gif

^ visualization

i must be blind, where is Sephiroth on the digram? or am i just being n00bish and missing something completly obvious to you folks? :confused:

-Gull-

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-25-2006, 08:32 PM
The Sephiroth is the diagram.

MasterX
12-12-2006, 09:46 AM
I never knew Sephiroth was an actual word. Learn something new every day.
Exactly, Sapphire. You DO learn something new every day. And we both happened to learn that fact in this very thread.

Anyways, Gullick, you're not being noobish, it's an easily makable mistake. I, too, thought that diagram was being randomly posted, but I was mistaken. Not ALL of us attach ourselved to religion, but we all could use the knowledge. After all, our favorite video game characters and ideas originated from somewhere. Fact is, nothing is original.