PDA

View Full Version : Elite Beat Agents (DS Must-Get Game)

JKTrix
11-02-2006, 04:15 PM
The game is out next week. Some of you may have heard of some of us talking about a DS import called 'Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!', this is related to that.

Ign has some new gameplay videos (http://uk.media.ds.ign.com/media/826/826978/vids_1.html) (WATCH THEM!) and a review up. They're not exactly my #1 choice when it comes to game reviews, but 9.5 is a very good score even for them.

I've been excited about this game ever since I first heard about it at E3. Recently I was a little worried, because I was expecting it to be a watered down and cheapened version of the Ouendan I love so much--especially after the song list (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=94918)was released. I still would have bought the game anyway, because I'm glad that the parties involved took the great effort of not only bringing the game over, but re-working it for the market.

Turns out, Elite Beat Agents will still be awesome. As soon as I saw the gameplay video for 'September', in the link above, I couldn't stop grinning. The same feeling I had when I first played Ouendan came back. I thought to myself when the song list was released that if the Agents can dance like the Jackson 5 during 'ABC', then I would be doubly sold. After watching the videos, I can see that it may just be possible.

I don't know if any of you Ouendan owners ever did multiplayer, but that was another cool part of the last game. I did get one opportunity to play with someone, and it plays out a lot like Guitar Hero's vs mode, where it's a sort of momentum meter between the 2 players. The same songs are used as in the single player, but all of the songs have a new video story set to them. Elite Beat Agents will apparently feature 4-player multiplayer, I'd really like to see how that works out.

In all, this looks like it will be one of the games that should be added to anyone's DS collection, no matter what your preferences are. Unless you have zero hand/eye coordination, or totally and completely hate all music, there doesn't seem to be any reason why you won't like the game if you try it.

I know I'm not the only one here looking forward to this game.

Jowy
11-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I downloaded the demo from one of the DS kiosks. It was pretty fun. Unfortunately, Guitar Hero II's got higher priority over Elite Beat Agents when they both come out on the same day. =/