PDA

View Full Version : Internet RPG :)

Slicksword45
11-02-2006, 10:32 PM
You can just tell that this yells i got bored :)

Anyway, I started makeing an RPG on the internet. yay. Anyway, useing RPG maker XP, I'm makeing a game. Their is no current demo as of now, but I do have some screens. 24180

Anyway, I'v started a list of .com/.nets that WILL be in the game.

1. www.Google.com
2. www.Yahoo.com
3. www.Gamefaq.com
4. www.habbohotel.com
5. www.runescape.com
6. www.staredit.net
7. www.worldofwarcraft.com
8. www.newgrounds.com

Thats all right now. I will put more soonissh. The reason i'm not putting eyesonff is because of EOFF RPG take#365 :)
If anyone wants to help at all, PM me :)

Rostum
11-02-2006, 10:46 PM
I'd probably suggest trying to work out a zelda-type battle system for online play. Good luck with it all.

Edit:
Bah, I thought you meant online game. Well, good luck with it all the same.

Slicksword45
11-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Ok I finished Google.com and started Gamefaq.com.
I have made a new party member (Optimum online :) ) and another is in the makeing (Omygodimonfire13, my gamefaq account)

Also, i'm here to announce 2 new .coms that will be added at one point

9. www.vgmusic.com
10 ok... getting annonion. It has the words VG and the words cats. (Can't do a .com otherwise it becomes Not Funnie.com)

I might also do pennyarcade, but i'm still deciding on it.

Edit: I decided on the 11. site: www.youtube.com

Slicksword45
11-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Weekley update.
I finished gamefaq.com. Next you will go to habbohotel.com
I'v also decided on the 12th (And final) .com to be in this game
12. www.myspace.com (Hint: it's full of stalkers.)

I'm going to post the demo after habbohotel.com. I'v also started the next person to join you'r party. (cherrypie45, my sisters account :) )

Anyway, thats the weekley update.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Put in ytmnd.com or die.

Slicksword45
11-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Put in ytmnd.com or die.

Don't kill me! I'm Captain Basch fon Rosenburg :)

KentaRawr!
11-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Don't forget www.lol.com, www.ocremix.org, and www.ebaumsworld.com. >_> If you do use that last one, be sure to insult Eric Bauman in some way, or at least make the enemies pop-ups.

Slicksword45
11-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Don't forget www.lol.com, www.ocremix.org, and www.ebaumsworld.com. >_> If you do use that last one, be sure to insult Eric Bauman in some way, or at least make the enemies pop-ups.

ok, i'll have to look through them :)

Slicksword45
11-21-2006, 12:52 AM
WEEKLEY UPDATE!

I'v started Habbohotel.com, and planing ahead. I'v decided once Habbohotel is done, i'll put out the first demo. I might not have it out for a wile though. I can only go on comp on mon, thurs and sat.
Next thurs is thanks giveing, and i'll be at my aunts all day. joy.....

also, once again, i'm adding ANOTHER .com
13. www.gizoogle.com (Might be wrong. if it is, i'll get right eventulay.)

Ok. end weekley update.

Slicksword45
11-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Weekley Update! (again :) )

Made more of habbo hotel. I acculty plan to make this world long :eek:
Gamefaq.com was only 6 areas, which made me sad, so i desided that all worlds from then on will have atleast 15 areas. most likey more. I'm probley going to get around to makeing that world longer. soon.....

Any way, thats it for the weekley update. :)

Slicksword45
12-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Weekley update! (Again again :) )

I did not get alot of work done this week, but I did go back and edit some stuff. I'v been too obsessed with the Tribes: Vengence demo I installed on my comp. I did, though, get a few more areas done, along with another boss. :) Also, I got a new party member all set up. once again, I think i am thinking too far ahead, and not working on the current stuff. anyway, thats it for the weekley update. :)

Slicksword45
12-17-2006, 02:11 AM
Ok, I know I'm 5 days late of my weekley update, but here it is. the demo :)

Internet RPG can be found here. (http://www.4shared.com/dir/1480189/a14c707b/sharing.html)

if I remember correctly, it is around 2,994 Kb

Please rate it, and if there are any glitiches, PM me. It has not been tested by another person because the person I told to test it (A certen Goldenboco :shifty: ) forgot to test it.
I think the game is around 10% compleat right now.

Markus. D
12-17-2006, 08:43 AM
hmmm~

its okay n_n

but how do you intend to keep it online?

Slicksword45
12-18-2006, 07:58 PM
hmmm~

its okay n_n

but how do you intend to keep it online?

nice to know someone has played it :)

anyway, I don't know. I'll have to think about that. I'm makeing up the story as I go along at times. Though certen parts like me being the king of viruses :) I had all planned out.

Also, with you posting, I don't need to 6-a-pipial post :)

Frozen Phantom
12-18-2006, 09:22 PM
I've tried it out...but the demo ends when you have a loop before the second AOL battle. Also the attacks virus poke and triple play would do 0 damage at times in the game, mostly after the first battle with AOL. The hole in the hotel remains there after you travel through the sewers. And there are several events that you didn't delete when you are traveling, the only big one was the hacker battle in the sewers. If you fell down the hole again you would have to do the hole hacker boss fight all over again. But overall, it was pretty good and had a nice number of alternate battle skins and music.

Overall I give it about a 6/10, but I hope it gets better as your make corrections.

Slicksword45
12-19-2006, 12:55 AM
I've tried it out...but the demo ends when you have a loop before the second AOL battle.

woopse. it was supost to end sooner. were slicksword betrays you. that was a mistake.

Also the attacks virus poke and triple play would do 0 damage at times in the game, mostly after the first battle with AOL.

Starting attacks won't be used for long. But, I will make them stronger.

The hole in the hotel remains there after you travel through the sewers.

I tryed fixing that, yet no mater what, it's mean and refuses to be fixed :(

And there are several events that you didn't delete when you are traveling, the only big one was the hacker battle in the sewers. If you fell down the hole again you would have to do the hole hacker boss fight all over again.

Sorry for that. Some just REFUSE to be fixed :( Just don't fall in again.

But overall, it was pretty good and had a nice number of alternate battle skins and music.

Overall I give it about a 6/10, but I hope it gets better as your make corrections.

Thanks. I'll try to fix as many as I can. Keep up the reviews people :)

Frozen Phantom
12-19-2006, 02:31 AM
Also the attacks virus poke and triple play would do 0 damage at times in the game, mostly after the first battle with AOL.

Actually, the 2 attacks wouldn't work on any enemies...I couldn't find a single time virus poke worked, and triple play one worked on the first battle with AOL, after that both attacks would only do 0 damage on any enemies. Even on random enemies.

Laddy
12-19-2006, 04:06 AM
Could someone help me, I downloaded it, but it won't run, please help! ):(:):(:):(:):(:):():

HELP!

Slicksword45
12-21-2006, 08:03 PM

Actually, the 2 attacks wouldn't work on any enemies...I couldn't find a single time virus poke worked, and triple play one worked on the first battle with AOL, after that both attacks would only do 0 damage on any enemies. Even on random enemies.

I made them both stronger, but by the second fight agenest AOL it was only hitting fo 50-ish.

As for REDXIII, whats wrong with it? do you get an error messge?

Laddy
12-21-2006, 08:15 PM
No, it's just that when I downloaded it, I don't know what to do, so I try evrything! NOTHING WORKS! :(

Slicksword45
12-21-2006, 08:20 PM
No, it's just that when I downloaded it, I don't know what to do, so I try evrything! NOTHING WORKS! :(

1. Simply download the above files and extract them using WinZip.
2. Install Rpg Maker XP Postailty Knights Edition Enhanced
3. Cut/Copy the Internet RPG folder from wherever you put it.
4. Go to your C: Drive and click Games.
5. Click the only folder in there.
6. Click the Games folder.
7. Paste the Internet RPG folder in the Games folder, like so.
8. Open the folder and click the Game icon.

(Thats from the EyesonFF RPG.)

Laddy
12-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks a lot! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Slicksword45
12-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks a lot! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

no problem. back to makeing the game :)

Slicksword45
12-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Ok, it's been a week so UPDATE!

I got the next site in the works. yay :) but it's only 10% compleat right now. I just got a Ps3, and I am spending to much time enjoying it :). Also, I finally got "The Sims" games to work again, and I have been playing alot of that. :) Also, Christmas Partys :)

o, for the record, it's raining cookies.

Verdi666
12-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Cool, looking good. The menu interface brings back wonderful nostalgia from FF 1+2, except the sub menus on the other side. Carry on!!!

Slicksword45
12-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Cool, looking good. The menu interface brings back wonderful nostalgia from FF 1+2, except the sub menus on the other side. Carry on!!!

hurray Nostalgia :).
I noticed that too when I tested through :)

aquatius
12-31-2006, 10:49 AM
By the way, you can make your game whole screen by pressing alt+enter when playing.

Slicksword45
01-01-2007, 03:25 PM
By the way, you can make your game whole screen by pressing alt+enter when playing.

you can? dang. I was trying for Alt and F4. that didden't work. :p

Slicksword45
01-08-2007, 10:42 PM
LATE UPDATE!!!!

hi. I'm slow. heres the (VERY late) weekley update. ummm. I still have got next to nonthing done. Playing resistance: fall of man online is too much fun and distracts me to much :) I got a few more events done, but nonthing big. :(

Kanshisha
01-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Lol your doing fine...

Slicksword45
01-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Lol your doing fine...

Anyway, I would ask anyone whos played it to please leave a review. please and thanks.

Slicksword45
01-15-2007, 09:49 PM
WEEKLEY UPDATE!!!!

I got a good chunk of work done this time! I think I might get the next part out in 3 weeks or so :) The .com i'm working on is almost done, and I think it went realy well. yay. :)

in other news, It looks like I can't get this on my Ps3 :(

Laddy
01-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Me: 8.3/10:D

Slicksword45
01-16-2007, 01:31 AM
Me: 8.3/10:D

yay :)

Can you please rate each sectons though like,

funny,gameplay,music etc.

Slicksword45
01-23-2007, 01:11 AM
WEEKLEY UPDATE:

Yay. I got alot of work done again :) I'm just blazing along. :p

So as a treat.... umm.... NONTHING!!!! yay :)

acculty, I thought I would announce some of the new locations.
You will Visit Newgrounds this time and (maby if I'm nice) VG cats. Also, their is the mystieres XXXX.com, but I won't say any info about that. Alsotheirs one more site, but thats under wrapes. :)

And finally, 4 new people will join the party :D

Slicksword45
01-27-2007, 08:19 PM
EARLY (Yet Major) WEEKLEY UPDATE!!!!!

You might notice that this update is early...

Well I have major news...

THE NEW DEMO IS DONE (http://www.4shared.com/dir/1880347/9e070665/sharing.html) :) :) yay!

You can get it at that link. I finished it superislingy early. Somethings have changed since I last announced anyhting, but they are (In my opinion) alot better. Also, you might have noticed that the file size has gone from 2,994 KB to 29,509 KB. The main reason is because I put in some .Wavs and (I think) a .Mp3. Ok, thats it. Enjoy, And leave full, well written out rateings. If you find bugs, PM me.

I'm also takeing a short break from makeing it for a wile. Soon, i'll start up again.

Edit: AGH! I left in a major glitch :( . Noone get it yet as I fix it.
Edit 2: And now it looks like the place I put it dosen't feel like working. :(
I'll try to put it somewere diffrent.

Frozen Phantom
01-27-2007, 08:31 PM
uh download link is broken.

*edit* never mind....since your fixing it and all.

Slicksword45
01-27-2007, 08:53 PM
uh download link is broken.

*edit* never mind....since your fixing it and all.

Don't worry, Everything is fixed now.

This is the announcment, EVERYTHING IS FIXED. THANKYOU! :p

Slicksword45
02-06-2007, 05:10 AM
Weekley Update!!!

Late hun? I haven't gotten to much done this week, but I got somthing. yay. I think I might be finished with Gizoogle, But I can't say for sure. Ah well. Maby I should just leave you with a cliffhanger ending like Halo 2..... nahhhh... I'm not THAT evil. (I still curse bungie for that). Anyway, Thats the realy retarted update. I just did some rambling.

How bout I conferm somthing... uhhh... oo. How bout a cripitic messege that you can talk about for 3-5 posts!

Before the end of the next demo (when it comes out).... Someone.... Will.... DIE!!!! (I hope it's griff)

If you don't get the refence you suck :mad:

UltimateSpamGrover
02-06-2007, 06:54 AM
Some advice, when you open up your game hold Alt and prress Enter to make it full-screen. then you can take screenshots without it showing your desktop in the background.

Vivisteiner
02-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Slicksword45, could you give me step by step instructions on how to download it please. Ive had a history of mucking these things up.

Slicksword45
02-07-2007, 03:07 AM
Some advice, when you open up your game hold Alt and prress Enter to make it full-screen. then you can take screenshots without it showing your desktop in the background.

Slicksword45, could you give me step by step instructions on how to download it please. Ive had a history of mucking these things up.

I posted it somewere in this thread. I think near the 15-ish post :)

Slicksword45
02-17-2007, 06:19 PM
I updated the link. I left in ANOTHER major glitch, so you need to redownlode. Also, this is the very late weekley update. hi.

It's late cause I got temperaly banned from the computer. yay me.

Which also means I got little work done. yay. Ah well. I tryed, whitch is what counts, right?
Don't hurt me.

Slicksword45
03-06-2007, 03:40 AM
Hi again. As you can see this update is 9 days late. There is a reason for that. I just need to make it up....

I got quite a bit of work done. I am finishing up the next area. I also put in some more music, and soon I will put in some custom battlers. Thats all for now.

ok not realy. In the next demo, you will meet someone from some webcomic. But I won't tell who :D

sephirothishere
03-07-2007, 06:23 PM
RPG maker is so overused. Try to make your own engine or find an alternative....i made about 3 hours worth of a game...i got bored...too tedious.

Mogi
03-07-2007, 06:43 PM
RPG maker is so overused. Try to make your own engine or find an alternative....i made about 3 hours worth of a game...i got bored...too tedious.

You'd be surprised at what you can do with the RPGMaker engines. Depending on how much you like coding, how much time you have on your hands, and how much room you have on your computor.
I successfully recreated about one-quarter of Final Fantasy 7.
And I'm not kidding.
Of course the graphics weren't nearly as good, and most of the cutscenes were off.
I never posted it on the internet though.
That was before I was way into using the internet for anything.

But yeah, my point is that the engine isn't as limited as it seems, there's just a lot that you have to do to make it less limited.

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Just letting you know. I can actually help you make your RPG. I have been working on my own, but I guess I can help you.

sephirothishere
03-08-2007, 12:39 AM
i'd yelp you also but i have little or no determination...plus oyu bitch about me in my usernotes.

Mogi
03-08-2007, 12:47 AM
I was gonna play the demo earlier, but I had to do homework.
I might download it later though.

Slicksword45
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM

Thats nice... ummm... why are you telling me this?

You'd be surprised at what you can do with the RPGMaker engines. Depending on how much you like coding, how much time you have on your hands, and how much room you have on your computor.
I successfully recreated about one-quarter of Final Fantasy 7.
And I'm not kidding.
Of course the graphics weren't nearly as good, and most of the cutscenes were off.
I never posted it on the internet though.
That was before I was way into using the internet for anything.

But yeah, my point is that the engine isn't as limited as it seems, there's just a lot that you have to do to make it less limited.

I'd like to see that game someday :D

Just letting you know. I can actually help you make your RPG. I have been working on my own, but I guess I can help you.

Thanks. Can you PM me so I know what you'll help me with?

i'd yelp you also but i have little or no determination...plus oyu bitch about me in my usernotes.

I don't bitch about you. I make fun of how many dots you put in your sentence :D

I was gonna play the demo earlier, but I had to do homework.
I might download it later though.

ok. Leave a review when you do :D

forevergamer
03-14-2007, 10:19 AM
where's the link?reading this had made so curious about it?i wanna try it out.

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still...

Slicksword45
03-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Late weekley update!

Hi guys. I'v desided to move the game from 4shared to Phanx games. It's easyer to keep it organized :D

Internet RPG (http://www.phanxgames.com/pxg/projects/view.asp?id=1491)

Also, I have finished the new zone. yay :D

Thats all for now :D

Slicksword45
03-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Ok guys, I'm sorry. I don't update every week like I should, and I won't be able to update anytime soon.

I am doing some work on the game today, but otherwise, I have not goting much work done. shame :(

I have made a new boss and some new zones but thats about it. on the plus side I'm going to dinsey world tomorrow. :D

but I won't be able to work on this untill I get back (Sat.,two weeks from now.)

I would bring you back some mickey mouse ears, but i'm to lazy XD

Slicksword45
04-26-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm bacccccccccccccccccccccccccccccck!

hi. ummm... update. :p

I acculty haven't gotten much work done, comp. with internet rpg is not Useable right now. Hopefully by the middle of next week, I can continue working on this.