PDA

View Full Version : bushfire?

neverforgetthem625
11-02-2006, 11:32 PM
i may be dumb, either that or extremely, extremely rusty, but i can't seem to defeat the first boss. i don't know if its the battle system, which is actually starting to grow on me, or what.
i have maybe 13 potions, 3 phoenix downs, a few antidotes and 1 remedy, and thats all really.
im horrible.
and my character is poor.
can anyone give me a more detailed approach to defeating this stupid horse?

Dell
11-03-2006, 01:47 AM
What is your level? If your level is lower than 7, I suggest that you level up some more.

TidusMaster
11-03-2006, 01:53 AM
ok,i defeated the first boss,and it was easy...
1.i think you have the opropriate potions and stuff...
2.you have to make sure that your characters all have alot of HP,because when Flamemane uses his big fire attack,it takes alot of damage off....

Aria28
11-03-2006, 01:57 AM
i may be dumb, either that or extremely, extremely rusty, but i can't seem to defeat the first boss. i don't know if its the battle system, which is actually starting to grow on me, or what.
i have maybe 13 potions, 3 phoenix downs, a few antidotes and 1 remedy, and thats all really.
im horrible.
and my character is poor.
can anyone give me a more detailed approach to defeating this stupid horse?

Dell is right, you may want to level up some if you are 7 or below. Also, you may unlock a HP license to give your characters a little HP boost if you need.

What I usually do is to have two characters on long-range, and two (one of my party plus the guest character) on short range. That way, your team is scattered and when the boss unleashes its special attack, it will only damage two of your characters if you're a little lucky - that may go a long way to help you survive ;)

neverforgetthem625
11-03-2006, 02:00 AM
thank you both so much.
i have the HP boost on Balthier, but I will get it for Fran and Vaan as well. I think my characters are all either 7 or 8.

aerithsloveslave
11-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Be sure to give out antidotes after it unleashes that special attack, as well.

Nominus Experse
11-03-2006, 12:52 PM
My advice would be to have one character hang back, and for this singular reason:

Firemane (or whatever it is called) has a notable attack that covers a wide area, damaging all of your party within its range. Having one character hang back (I used Fran since she has a respectable bow) allows you to both survey and anticipate the next move(s) made by your enemy.

I made it through with being levels 7 and 8, so it's most definately not impossible or difficult to do.

This Final Fantasy hails status manipulation, so be sure to watch for such things as they will basically tear you apart. And watch your health like a hawk: taking the MP and time to heal a character when they are around half life is much easier to do than when two of your characters are low in health or dead.

You're going to want to rush the battle, and I know I felt a little panicked and frenetic during the first boss battle, but really, it seems to work best to take things slower than you think they ought to be.

And, obviously, do not cast Fire elementals on it. If you happen to have Water or Ice, use such things.

Libra (which you can cast far before engaging battle) is most definately useful as it shows the enemy's health and weakness(es).

Hope that helps.

BustaMo
11-03-2006, 04:23 PM
I just attacked the hell outta it. Wow, it was only 2 days ago, and I can't even remember what I did exactly. This game has you thinking big time when you get deep into it.