PDA

View Full Version : Path of the Mighty BRD

Markus. D
11-03-2006, 02:34 AM
from level 1 till level 30, what should I take as a class advancement path?

... I might go Bard instead of staying WHM, unless WHM isnt one of the needs of advancing...

Fuego
11-03-2006, 04:39 AM
It would be a really good idea to lvl whm up to 37 at lest so you can sub it with any job (or job lvl) and not be gimp'd ...

Bard rocks, its a great enhancing type job and i bet you'll be able to lvl it fast ... that is if you have the gil and don't have to farm too much.

But better safe than sorry i always say ... and from what i understand in a PT POV Whm is like the best sub for brd. At least til you reatch higher lvl's.

punkforpez
11-03-2006, 05:33 AM
definitely sub whm. people will appreciate it and you will find yourself in many situations where you will be having to help heal the party, trust me. bard is a wonderful job to play, people will respect you more and you will gain a reputation very fast. spend the extra money on the +1 gear, learn your ranges for your instruments, sub whm, and learn early on to get the party to do what you want.

and as far as farming is concerned, if you can get up to lvl 40ish or higher, japanese players will pay you good money for skill up parties. i used to spend hours helping the JP players skillup their weapons and it's because of them that i was able to buy the best gear.

Markus. D
11-03-2006, 05:34 AM
It would be a really good idea to lvl whm up to 37 at lest so you can sub it with any job (or job lvl) and not be gimp'd ...

Bard rocks, its a great enhancing type job and i bet you'll be able to lvl it fast ... that is if you have the gil and don't have to farm too much.

But better safe than sorry i always say ... and from what i understand in a PT POV Whm is like the best sub for brd. At least til you reatch higher lvl's.

do you have any links to a list of songs that I could browse through?

punkforpez
11-03-2006, 05:38 AM
ffxi.allakhazam.com has a full list of bard abilities.

Fuego
11-03-2006, 09:41 PM
http://ffxihaven.ffshrine.org/ffxi-magic-list-bard-songs.php