PDA

View Full Version : Games you hope will be on the Virtual Console

Reine
11-03-2006, 09:38 AM
As it now will not be possible to have the entire library available as originally stated/hinted, what games are you hoping will make it onto the Virtual Console?

Personally, Id like the original versions of the Final Fantasy games like a lo will, if only because ive never actually played the SNES versions, only the PSX versions. Id also get Mystic Quest and Chrono Trigger, so I wont have to play them on my PC.

The game I want most on it is Star Ocean, but that is unlikely as I doubt non-Japanese will get it.

I grew up on Sega, so im mostly looking forward to the Megadrive games on it. I hope Master System games will also be implemented at some point. For the Megadrive games, theres this one obsure game I really want to play again, I think its called Chameleon Kid or something. I also realy want to play this Dracula game that was on it (Its not a Castlevania by the way) I cant remember the name, but it was incredible, and pretty creepy back then when I was a kid.

So what are your games for it that you want to see on it?

The Devil Man
11-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Secret of Mana.

Secret of Mana is approximately 500,000 times better then any Final Fantasy game in existence and is an absolute masterpiece. Every subsequent Mana game has been a bit crappy, but the first Mana game is a masterpiece.

Secret of Mana is the best RPG ever made, period, and in my opinion will never be bettered. I'd like that to be released on the Virtual Console.

Rainecloud
11-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't really care, as I have virtually every title I want from the Commodore 64 upwards on my PC.

I guess it would be nice to play Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country on my big screen TV, though. The only drawback with the virtual console is that I won't be able to use the fantastic 'Superx2sal' graphic smoothing effects that are built into ZSnes. Now I've been spoiled by these amazing emulators, I don't want to play the crappy old original versions with pixel perfect glitches still intact. :p

Roto13
11-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Seiken Densetsu 3 >>>> Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana)

Jowy
11-03-2006, 02:20 PM
NiGHTS Into Dreams is all I really want out of the VC.

Dreddz
11-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Lots of Saturn and N64 games, seeing as those are hard to emulate alot of the time.

The Devil Man
11-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Seiken Densetsu 3 >>>> Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana)

Not a chance my Bearded friend. Not a chance :bigsmile:

Secret of Mana is the absolute pinnacle.

And I hope NiGHTS into Dreams does NOT make it onto the Virtual Console.

I have a copy on the Sega Saturn, complete with 3D controller, and it took me an absolute age to find. I also have the even rarer sequel, Christmas NiGHTS and I sort of want it to be exclusive to the Saturn.

But it does deserve to be played by as many people as possible :) Lovely game.

Jowy
11-03-2006, 06:43 PM
While Secret of Mana is quite excellent, the versatility and replayability of Seiken Densetsu 3 is nearly endless.

And maybe if I had tons of cash and a harem of beautiful ladies, I wouldn't need to emulate NiGHTS Into Dreams. ;)

theundeadhero
11-03-2006, 07:31 PM
My cousin Jake and I beat Secret of Mana in exactly 24 hours the first time I played it.

I don't really hope for any games, cause any game I find worth having I already own on the original system it was released.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Rondo of Blood, mainly.

Zeromus_X
11-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Kirby Super Star. ;__;

Elite Lord Sigma
11-03-2006, 08:56 PM
It'd really make my day if the first five Fire Emblem games would see daylight here on the Virtual Console.