PDA

View Full Version : Panic! At The Disco

Mitch
11-03-2006, 11:52 AM
This thread is for non Panic! groupies (sorry). For those of you who do not consider yourselves a part of whatever trend or scene this band belongs to: do you like them?

At first I shrugged them off as just-another-stupid-emo-band, but then my flatmates thrashed them enough for me to actually listen to them and appreciate the intricate songwriting. I love hearing the interesting influences, namely cabaret, and hearing how they incorporate such influences into mainstream (come on, admit it) music.

Zeldy
11-03-2006, 12:04 PM
I dont listen to the radio, I dont watch/listen to the music channels, so Ive never actually properly listened them.

I think I heard "I write sins not tradgedies" once. It was okay; but really not my thing. Maybe if I listened to them more I could like them, but eh.

Lindy
11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah, they're pretty catchy.

Hate their version of This Is Halloween though, makes me feel sleepy.

Loony BoB
11-03-2006, 12:06 PM
I don't think I qualify as a 'groupie' but I love Panic!, they're great. Whoever writes their music should write a musical movie. It'd be the best movie-with-lots-of-singing since the Lion King. :D I love Camisado but it's Build God, Then We'll Talk and I Write Sins Not Tragedies that really have the whole play thing going on. The former of those two in particular, you can just imagine the narrator walking, dancing and creeping along a stage in a somewhat Rocky Horror Show style of dress, detailing what's going on behind him.

Pete for President
11-03-2006, 01:25 PM
I think it's for alto's. I don't like em, their whole image is just not my thing. But then again, I hardly ever have interest for any commercial bands.

Underground ftw!

Jowy
11-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Time to Dance ftw.

I feel like I'm fangirling when I listen to them. >_>

Loony BoB
11-03-2006, 02:34 PM
I don't like em, their whole image is just not my thing.
I've never been one to give a damn about image when it comes to music. Good music is good music, it doesn't matter how pretty you are (or, with some people, how pretty you aren't).

Reine
11-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I thought they were pretty average at first, but their songs are really addictive and arent that bad. Plus the videos are pretty cool, and the oddly long song names are pretty cool. Not my kind of band, but still, they arent bad at all.

fire_of_avalon
11-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Time to Dance ftw.

I feel like I'm fangirling when I listen to them. >_>

That's because you are.

Jowy
11-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Then I'll fangirl like crazy until the sun comes up!

Pete for President
11-03-2006, 03:50 PM
I've never been one to give a damn about image when it comes to music. Good music is good music, it doesn't matter how pretty you are (or, with some people, how pretty you aren't).

Image is not about the looks of the band members/artists. It's more about themes, the way they present the music to you and attitude for example.

Breine
11-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I've just started to pay attention to them and I really like them. They make different and interesting rock music in my opinion - plus their videos are pretty cool. Anyway, I'll probably pick up their album some time soon.

The New Kid
11-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Not a big fan. While they may write some very original, catchy pieces, I simply don't think it sounds good. And Urie's voice is far too similar to Patrick Stump's voice for me to not relate them to Fall Out Boy, regardless of the vastly different musical styles.

Lindy
11-03-2006, 09:41 PM
And Urie's voice is far too similar to Patrick Stump's voice for me to not relate them to Fall Out Boy, regardless of the vastly different musical styles.
Are you like, tone deaf or something? They sound NOTHING ALIKE.

I Don't Need A Name
11-03-2006, 09:45 PM
yeah i agree. and with what BoB said, their music is great to sing along to, but could be formed into a book or play with the lines spoken. they are a pretty awsome band.

just-another-stupid-emo-band
they actually despise being called Emo

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Well, um, I wouldn't consider myself a groupie, just a big fan. So, I guess I could post, right? xD. :bigsmile:

Anyways, I really like them. I like the lyrics to the songs they write. They are very good. If you listen closely, you could have an idea of what the song is about. Sometimes you can't, and thats what I like about them. Also, I really like Urie's voice. And I don't really understand why so many people say this:

And Urie's voice is far too similar to Patrick Stump's voice for me to not relate them to Fall Out Boy, regardless of the vastly different musical styles.

It's quite easy to know who's who. :rolleyes2

The New Kid
11-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Seeing as how I don't listen to either band too much, it's difficult for me to notice a distinction between the two vocal styles. Much like how every hardcore band sounds exactly the same to someone who doesn't listen to the genre a lot.

Simply my perspective.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
11-03-2006, 09:51 PM
just-another-stupid-emo-band
they actually despise being called Emo

yea, there music isnt any where near emo

Shlup
11-03-2006, 10:11 PM
It's totally my bag.

Xander
11-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I really like them because I find them so catchy and dancy just makes me want to dance and sing along. The songs are so theatrical and fun. I dont really get the whole emo thing with them, but whatever. I dont even think they sound like fall out boy at all, but I guess we all hear things differently.

Edit - also

Definately. When I first heard panic and loved them I didnt even know what they look like. I didnt even see them for a while later. Then I laughed and thought they had stupid hair but didnt really care. When I heard they were apparently some emo band I just didnt really get it. People who define these things are weird.

Mitch
11-03-2006, 10:19 PM
I don't beleive in emo anyway. It's all a big conspiracy. I think Panic! are going to be one of the bigger bands of the early part of this century, or at least I hope so. They will no doubt be remembered

Slade
11-04-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't usually get into 'emo' or whatever you want to call it but I actually thought these guys were pretty good. I've only ever heard two of their songs but they weren't bad. Above average for that genre of music in my opinion :)

The New Kid
11-04-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't usually get into 'emo' or whatever you want to call it but I actually thought these guys were pretty good. I've only ever heard two of their songs but they weren't bad. Above average for that genre of music in my opinion :)

Panic! At The Disco aren't an emo band, they incorporate a lot of different musical styles into their music. Their style is too diverse to really be classified.

~SapphireStar~
11-04-2006, 07:06 PM
I really do like them, they are so catchy and upbeaty.

daggertrepe
11-04-2006, 08:54 PM
I Love P!ATD. But I don't obsess.

Raven Nox
11-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I've only heard "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" but I liked it. I've been meaning to listein to more of them, I'll decide if I really like them or not when I do. xD

Dynast-Kid
11-04-2006, 09:33 PM
I've only heard "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" but I liked it.

Same here.

MecaKane
11-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Pre-teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeentious

Rusty
11-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Can't stand them and their image.

Sylvie
11-05-2006, 09:26 AM
I don't really like them. The vocals annoy me.

Pete for President
11-05-2006, 04:29 PM
The vocals annoy me.
Word. Not just the voice but also the chopped-up singing the guy does.

WinterIsComing
11-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm not a huge fan, but they're decent. Some songs eventually sound just like others, but otherwise it doesn't bother me to hear them on the radio. Give me a few more months and it might, but for now they can dance/sing all they want...