PDA

View Full Version : Tangents

Chemical
11-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Often when I'm talking I'll start off with a single idea and it will slowly progress into something completely unrelated. Well perhaps not completely unrelated... normally what happens is that I'll be on a subject and a 'keyword' will come up in the conversation and suddenly I'll find myself going on about that.

Which is really interesting because keywords are a good way to explain how the brains memory functions. What happens is that your brain stores information all over the cortex that's connected by axons and dendrites in a complicated web of neurons. If you think of a keyword as a single point in the memory; what happens is that there are several branches that lead off into objects related.

IE> Think of apple. Apple itself is a single keyword, but there are a million little branches that break off into things you relate apple to. Adam & Eve, green, McIntosh, sauce, computers...

and these brances work together to make whole ideas and concepts through cognitive selection.

[PS. Reply to above posts (seriously) but then go off on your own(somewhat related)tangent, don't turn this into spam fest. It's a serious yo >=o .]

Resha
11-03-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm always going off on tangents. One thing leads to another to another to yet another and I hardly ever wind up finishing stories I'm telling and whatnot. I've improved of late, though. >=)

Quindiana Jones
11-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Oh God, tangents. Reminds me that I've got maths homework. But trigonometry's easy so yey! Ah crap...I've also got loads of other homework and coursework to do before Monday :(

Jowy
11-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Thankfully though, there's a two day relaxation period known commonly as the weekend! And then it's back to work for me.

Quindiana Jones
11-03-2006, 05:47 PM
You lot suck at this game.

Chemical
11-03-2006, 06:57 PM
You lot suck at this game.

I concur.

And speaking of concur, that sounds a lot like conquer. I'm sure I conquer too. Almost like the Romans conquered most of Europe during the height of their reign.

[PS: This is a game. You're supposed to reply to the post above your own. It's about tangents... you reply to their post but then take the subject and go off on a completely different tangent. Like I did to Quin 'n' Tonic... soooo for instance if someone were to reply to mine they might say something like. "Indeed Chemical! Though with the collapse and the dethroning of the caeser the Roman Empire was no more and speaking of Caeser's I had a most excellent one for lunch today accompanied by roma and spinach lasagna. Viva Italia!"]

Jowy
11-03-2006, 07:10 PM
And speaking of the Romans and conquering, Little Caesar sure as hell seems be conquering the pizza empire, what with $5 for a large pizza and all.

theundeadhero
11-03-2006, 07:14 PM
While I don't like spinich much, I like lasagna a lot. That's weird because when I was a kid I didn't like lasagna at all. I really liked garlic bread though and still do. I had some at lunch the other day. It's not something I get to eat very often anymore. Army mess halls don't really serve the best food. I guess I should say the one I currently eat at doesn't serve the best food. It's one of the worst ones I've ever eaten at. The best was in Iraq. Isn't that surprising? I would have never thought that in Iraq I would get the best food of my Army career. I can't really say that I will have a career in the Army though. I don't know if I want to spend twenty years doing this. Next week is my four year anniversiary though. Who would of thought that it would have come so fast. It's hard believing it was already four years ago when I left the home. I miss home. I'll be visiting soon though. In December. This will be the first Christmas I've been home for in four years. Last year I was in Iraq. The year before I was stuck all alone in Georgia. The year before that I was in Korea. I sure have lived in a lot of foreign countries, haven't I? I'm currently living in Germany. I wonder where I'll live next?

<b>EDIT:</b> Took a bit to write and Jowy beat me to it.

The Devil Man
11-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Hmm, very interesting. Devil Man also wonders where he'd like to live next.

He is thinking of PM'ing Chemical and ask her if he can come and live with her, in her bedroom as she is hawt, hawt, hawt! :drool: :hot:

The Sun is also hawt!

Shoeberto
11-03-2006, 09:44 PM
The tangent line to x=2 on the graph y=x³ is y=12x-16.

amirite

edit: fixed it I think? It's a friday, humor me.

edczxcvbnm
11-03-2006, 09:51 PM
I never go off on tangents. I only go off on Sins :P

Awesomely retarded puns FTW!

Shoeberto
11-03-2006, 10:40 PM
I never go off on tangents. I only go off on Sins :P

Awesomely retarded puns FTW!
It's okay, you just need to divide it by a cos.

Alive-Cat
11-03-2006, 10:52 PM
I usually start talking about something completely unrelated and then it merges into one big ball of fluff and then I get kicked out. :(

Jigsaw
11-04-2006, 05:09 AM
Oh yeah I go off on tangents all the time. Sometimes I won't even say more than one sentence on a subject. But that's just because I'm really busy these days, with school and all. I got a crapload of homework to do this weekend. My geology professor is kind of a nut and gives us all these crazy labs to do.

Zeromus_X
11-04-2006, 05:12 AM
Guys, play the game correctly or don't play it at all.

And speaking of the Romans and conquering, Little Caesar sure as hell seems be conquering the pizza empire, what with $5 for a large pizza and all.

Yeah, it's amazing what you can buy with five dollars! Why...I could purchase a pack of batteries for that much money, with some left over (well, I'm trying)! :cat:

Christmas
11-04-2006, 05:14 AM
That remind me that NANNY MANUS ate the batteries I brought yesterday and I hope he died of a horrible stomachache. :mad2:

Quindiana Jones
11-04-2006, 09:15 AM
My sister bought me an RC Dalek for my birthday, but it's three batteries short so doesn't work.

On the topic of things that don't work, I've become impotant, and have started to live in a shed underground until the problem fixes itself.

Levian
11-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I once lived underground with some friends of mine, we were studying German. In fact, we were singing old german folk songs. Sure, I can't sing, but at least I'm terrible at it.
Seriously, my singing voice could dislocate shoulders within a 50 mile radius. Speaking of singing, do you know what I dislike about old people?
They always whine about how things were so much better before. At which point I would normally say "When? during the war? When Kennedy got shot? When Japan got bombed?", now I just nod and agree.
Then they tell me to speak up because their festering ears are malfunctioning and I tell them that I didn't say anything, then they change the subject to something totally unrelated, like cats.
Nobody would like a cat if it didn't have any fur. It would look like a snake, not even a cute snake, more like a snake in the freeway.
Some people should never be in the freeway, like old people. They just get a heart attack behind the wheel and smurf things up. Same with pregnant people. They just start giving birth. Birth is gross, there's nothing beautiful about birth at all, there's just blood and gore and crying. "Congratulations! A boy in slippery goo just came out of your bloody vagina! How do you feel?!"
I just feel like my day should be filled with something interesting, like piano lessons, or a conflict that would get worse and worse, but in the end of the day everything would be fine and I would've learned a valuable lesson, and this whole process could go over and over again during primetime each wednesday and thursday, but my life isn't a sitcom. It's not even a sit.

I swear I posted that just now and not seven months ago.

Rye
11-04-2006, 02:06 PM
I know whatchamean with old people, Levian. My crazy Italian grandma is driving my family nuts. I swear, she's like a husk of a person, who cares only about blinds and antic lamps. xD

So, my kitchen is being remodeled for the past few weeks, and we have no stove, sink, or oven so we've been getting nothing but fast food and microvables, which sounds cool for maybe the first day, but I'm so sick of it! I want some grapes and apples and PASTA! ;__;

Quindiana Jones
11-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Italian! I had a big party yesterday and made 8 pizzas! Yes, 8! And 2 full plates of chickeny things! Madness!

Not that many people came either, because we didn't invite many LoL. And then we went to Bridgwater Carnival (which, by the way, all of you must look up) and then went to sleep. Man that was fun.

Chemical
11-04-2006, 08:17 PM
I slept last night, it was a pretty painful sleep. The mattress was hard, the pillows were flat and now my back is killing me.

You know what else is killing me? People who don't read. That kills me. You need to read the directions more clearly people otherise you just end up looking like a bunch of tools. TOOLS I SAY.

And not the useful kind of tool either. No no no. Not at all like a hammer. Now that's a useful tool. It doe everything from fix to break. It smashes, it bashes it makes a great mashed potato and it can be yours for only $99.99!!

Hammer! FTW. :smash:

[Can we have any more irrelevent posts deleted? It's causing some confusion plz & thx]

Quindiana Jones
11-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Hammers! That reminds me of Bantam....by golly I miss that man.....I remember the thing he had with bipper. bipper's well lubed up. I know this well.

Haha lube. That reminds me of the post I made in EoEO that got me banned for two weeks. But it didn't even last a day. I have no idea why that happened. Still, that was a day too long. :( I don't like not being able to do stuff. LIKE HAVE A SIG OR CUSTOM.

~SapphireStar~
11-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm always going off on tangents. One thing leads to another to another to yet another and I hardly ever wind up finishing stories I'm telling and whatnot. I've improved of late, though. >=)

Yamaneko
11-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Man, I can't believe I vouched for Z_X. :(

Zeromus_X
11-04-2006, 09:59 PM
:) :cat:

Haha lube. That reminds me of the post I made in EoEO that got me banned for two weeks. But it didn't even last a day. I have no idea why that happened. Still, that was a day too long. I don't like not being able to do stuff. LIKE HAVE A SIG OR CUSTOM.

There have been some interesting signatures as of late. Take Rye's, for example. Granted, it is kinda disturbing, but it's pretty creative nonetheless.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Speaking of being creative... creativity is extremely important to our quality of life. Whenever an artist produces a series of paintings, or a song, or a story, hundreds can enjoy it and it provides them with a hobby. This fills in free time and can allow them to relax.

Quindiana Jones
11-05-2006, 01:53 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhh relaxing. I won't be doing that ever again. I've got work work work till I die now :D

Talking about dying, my sig and custom mysteriously died. LOL FUNNY.

Haha, I like how Christmas keeps writing "LOL, SOMETHING" in Levian's usernotes. It makes me smile :bigsmile:

cat_manda
11-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Speaking of christmas...
has anyone ever noticed that it supermarket start stocking up earlier and earlier! It's so annoying, not that i don't like christmas, i do, but stupid supermarkets think they can see more coke if they have santa on it. haha. The other day i actually had a can of coke that was completely blone up, i had to hold it for the whole time i was on my laptop, kinda hard to type with...not used to typing with one hand, makes me slow. It was kind of unfortunate because me and my friends were having a discussion about rights to have an abortion. In the end, neither changed our minds, we put it down to him being a guy and me being a girl :P