PDA

View Full Version : Video: Dragon Quest Swords (Wii)

JKTrix
11-03-2006, 05:43 PM
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7257

When it first started, I was a little bored. Ok, it's an on-rails hack n' slash... where you are hacking and slashing. Yawn.

When it gets to the golem fight however, I see that you can block/defend, and if you defend where you're supposed to you can counterattack effectively. The game definitely looks interesting to me now.

Dreddz
11-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Looks like it'll get old, fast. Where's the originality that everyone promised Wii games to have ?

Erdrick Holmes
11-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Actually this does look fun. Pretty origional idea of you using the controller as a sword.

Dreddz
11-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Pretty origional idea of you using the controller as a sword.

Thats nothing original.

JKTrix
11-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah, like I mentioned (and when I first saw the game a while back), it didn't seem to be anyhing more than mindless slashing at the screen. This preview showed that there is at least a little more to it than point-and-slash. If you didn't get to the end where he fights a Golem instead of a bunch of little slimes, you see the defense/counterattacking part. That thing where he swings the controller in the air seems pretty interesting.

This used to be a launch game in Japan, but it was delayed a few weeks and pushed back into the new year. Maybe they're adding some more stuff. It'll probably be a while before it gets here anyway.

RiseToFall
11-03-2006, 07:14 PM
That's almost as bad as playing an on rails FPS, I'm not impressed at all.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Looks like it'll get old, fast. Where's the originality that everyone promised Wii games to have ?
It's still Dragon Quest.

Dreddz
11-04-2006, 01:26 PM
It's still Dragon Quest.

No, its a rushed game only being made because of that friggin controller.

Slicksword45
11-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Pretty origional idea of you using the controller as a sword.

:lol:
If you think about it EVERY fantasy game on the Wii will use the controler as a sword.

If you want to know, Red steel uses the controler as a sword and so dose the dinasty warriors game (Japan only, for now.)

I'v also seen a game at the arcade that had a sword for a controler. It was monton sensor, if you couldent find that out :)

So yea. Sword + Montion sensor = non-origional idea.

KentaRawr!
11-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Gamevideos.com didn't load for me, so I looked up some videos on youtube, and it actually looks kinda cool. However, it seems like the controller isn't really adding much. While it's interesting that for smaller enemies, like slimes, you have to aim your slash, they are putting too much of an emphasis on that. Being on rails doesn't sound so lovely. >_> If it were instead just a replacement for the turn-based battle system, and not how you travel, then it would be pretty cool. But alas, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Hopefully, this was just a demo to show off the battle system, rather than an actual glimpse as to what the final game might be like. I really don't see how that sort of movement could possibly work in an RPG.

Not that I would buy this game anyway, but hey.