PDA

View Full Version : Quickenings

Roto13
11-03-2006, 11:32 PM
What the hell? What am I supposed to do? There's a strong attack, but there's also a meter and I don't know what to do with it. I pressed... something once, and I did the attack twice. What's the deal?

Moon Rabbits
11-04-2006, 12:25 AM
I'd like to know too. All I know is that you can chain Quickenings together, although I've not been able to test because only Fran has one in my game.

El Bandito
11-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Quickenings are basically a slot machine. Keep pressing R2 until the words in the corner glow white and not grey. You'll then have to press the button next to the glowing text once (if it's the attack name) or twice (if it says "mist charge"). Every time you can do this before the time meter runs out, you'll add an additional attack on your chain until the meter runs out and you leave the quickening screen.

The more characters that have a quickening, the greater the chance for chains since all their "slots" will go at the same time.

BustaMo
11-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Ah also good news for those of you along with me who are short on MP at times...when you unlock your second Quickening for a character on the License Board, your MP bar for that character gets doubled. Same for when you get the third and final Quickening/Mist Charge. Your MP total then gets tripled.

Goldenboko
11-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Up to this point I had no idea how to use Quickenings but I found it out while The Croakadile in the monster hunt. I chainned 6 attacks and it did 9,087 damage! Up to that point the most I had done in the entire game is 3,000 (again with Quickenings anyway)

So what is your opinion on Quickenings?

LunarWeaver
11-05-2006, 12:24 AM
I just got them for the extra MP they give and then I pretty much completely forgot about them :shifty:

Zeromus_X
11-05-2006, 12:27 AM
They make bosses disappointingly easy.

But yeah, Quickenings= pwnage. Don't know how they thought of a funky name like that, but I guess it's...unique.

Miriel
11-05-2006, 01:29 AM
*merges threads*

I only just unlocked quickenings for my characters. But I don't really know how they work. *pokes at them*

abrojtm
11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
I have all of the Rank 2 Quickenings, and I still don't understand what combos create what attack. I've seen Torrent, Windslash, Inferno, and Catyclism, but I have no idea what triggers each one.

Zeromus_X
11-05-2006, 07:05 PM
They depend on how high your combo is. The higher the combo, the more devastating the finisher.

Russielloyd
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
You basically need 2 or more people to have at least one quickening, use them in the same party. When you select to use one, a square/triangle/X will appear next to a random party member's name. You then press that button, if more than one button icon shows up, select which ever one you want and the quickening combo is continued. If none of the buttons show up first time, hit R2 till at least one button does before the time runs out in some cases you will need to his the button twice.

Also, if you have another character who's not in your party who has quickenings to use, put her in for some one who has used theirs and even if you have characters in your party who have used up all their MP, you'll still be able to use their Quickenings, though it is harder to acess the button to use theirs but one you do it easier and pull out massive combos.

Squall1989
11-06-2006, 02:15 PM
The number of quickenings you chain together decides what conncurrence you will use, so:
3 lvl 1 quickenings use a torrent
7 lvl 1, or 3 lvl 2 quickenings use cataclysm
and so on.

Remember all quickenings are counted as physical attacks so weakness and resistances do not affect them.

Necronopticous
11-06-2006, 02:54 PM
It should be noted that you can use the "Mist Charge" option that appears during a Quickening not only to chain additional Quickenings, but also to restore MP so you don't end the attack completely void of MP with all your characters.