PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Card - Please Help

-Red XIII-
11-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Ok, I want to play the game Rappelz (or any other high 3D quality Client MMORPG), but I need a better graphics card, I believe, because my computer goes through horrible lag, warped characters, and annoying texture problems. Is there ANY instructions someone could give me, because I have been having a hard time, and I can't be a do-it-yourself'er anymore... I need help...

I downloaded DirectX
I downloaded NVidia
Nvidia wouldn't install because "There were no cpmpatible hardware"...?
Please, I need instructions on what to download/install, please! http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/images/smilies/vborg_happy.gif

My computer specs:
--------------
2.00 ghz
Intel processor
Windows XP

256 MB of RAM
26 Gigs left on computer (37.2 maximum)
------

Is this enough to run a game like Rappelz, or any other client based MMORPG? If so, please give me instructions on what is needed to play.

Yamaneko
11-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Most games have minimum system requirements. You can find those requirements either in the instruction manual, box or game website. You're current system seems pretty weak to run most current games, especially your system RAM. Upgrading your video card to a high-end solution won't really do anything because it will be botttlenecked by your weakest component.

-Red XIII-
11-04-2006, 02:49 AM
Is there anyway to update my RAM, or is all hope lost?

Yamaneko
11-04-2006, 02:52 AM
You can if you have any empty RAM slots.

-Red XIII-
11-04-2006, 03:06 AM
huh? empty RAM slots? does that mean delete a lot of stuff?

Endless
11-04-2006, 08:42 AM
RAM is hardware stuff. You open your computer and insert RAM bars into RAM slots on the motherboard. But given that you don't know how RAM works/what it is in the first place, I wouldn't recomend you attempt to upgrade it.

Also, by curiosity, right click on "my computer" -> properties, hardware tab -> component/peripheral manager -> click on the "+" near graphic cards and tell us what video card you have, because somehow, I doubt it's a Nvidia.

o_O
11-04-2006, 08:45 AM
RAM slots are inside your computer box. The more RAM you have, the more programs you can have open at once. RAM looks like a bunch of microchips on a long, skinny PCB. Your motherboard will have so many RAM slots for you to put RAM sticks in, after you fill them, you have to buy bigger RAM sticks and get rid of the old ones to get more.
The reason nVidia told you there was no compatible hardware is because nVidia software is designed for nVidia hardware. You can't install it unless you have a nVidia graphics card.

Keep in mind that you have to meet the minimum system requirements in all areas to play the game. That is, you need to meet the graphics card, RAM, CPU and disk space requirements.

Edit: I lose.