PDA

View Full Version : New to the community

idrumgood
11-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone. This is just a short hello from a fellow FF enthusiast who has just joined these forums.

A breif history of my FF career:

The thanksgiving of my senior year in highschool, I downloaded an SNES emulator and the game Dragon Quest IV (I think it was IV). This was the first RPG I had ever played (with the exception of some Zelda games) as I had been more acquainted with action type games (Metal Gear, Syphon Filter, Rainbow Six)

This game blew my mind. Absolutely redefined everything I knew about gaming, and truely got me interested in RPGs.

My friend had recently purchased FFX for the PS2 and I was at his house and watched him play it. The graphics and detail and mood of the game made me want to play soooo bad. But he wouldn't let me. Instead, he gave me a copy of FFVII and a guide and said "Go home and play this, and if you're not hooked in an hour, it's not meant for you"

Well, I went home and played for about 4 hours and was so hooked it was nuts.

From that day forth, I have been in love with the RPG genre. I have completed every FF from FFIII to FFX-2 and i played FFXI for about a year and a half. I also played many other RPGs in the Dragon Quest series, Suidoken, Dark Clous, and DOT HACK. I tried out the SaGa series, but most of them..well..sucked. I've been a very loyal Square customer though, and even tried Crystal Chronicles for GC (which was awful).

After my time with FFXI ended, I got back to some traditional RPGs like Shadow Hearts, and Suikoden. Then I discovered WoW. I played World of Warcraft up until last week, when I realized that it was taking me away from everything else I enjoyed doing. (Plus, I had just gotten FFXII at the midnight release).

So, being part of the WoW forum community for almost a year, I felt a void in my life. It was then I discovered eyesonff.com. A wealth of information, streaming radio (to keep me sane at work) and a great community of players here.

So it is here that I say 'Hello' and introduce myself as I hope to become a contributing and respected member of this community.

Though my posting name is idrumgood, my avatar name that I have traditionally gone by is Striveldt, so that is why I shall normally sign my name as.

I am a 22 year old college graduate witha degree in computer science and I currently work at Motorola in the Mobile Devices devision.

I can't say I love it there, but it's a job and pays the bills. I'm an avid gamer and lover FF.

That's about it!

Regards,

Stri

RiseToFall
11-04-2006, 08:07 PM
WeLcOmE tO eOfF - the place where all your dreams never come true.

Chloe.
11-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Welcome :D

~SapphireStar~
11-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Welcome to my domain child ^^
Well, actually your older then me! But have fun here!

Sergeant Hartman
11-04-2006, 09:09 PM
One big happy family :)
Welcome.

Tempest
11-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Hello and welcome to EoFF. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
11-04-2006, 09:20 PM
To become part of EoFF, you must first spank my monkey. And not in a rude way either. I mean literally (http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Spank-the-Monkey.html).

YTDN
11-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Konnichiwa.

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave :D

The Devil Man
11-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi everyone. This is just a short hello from a fellow FF enthusiast who has just joined these forums.

A breif history of my FF career:

The thanksgiving of my senior year in highschool, I downloaded an SNES emulator and the game Dragon Quest IV (I think it was IV). This was the first RPG I had ever played (with the exception of some Zelda games) as I had been more acquainted with action type games (Metal Gear, Syphon Filter, Rainbow Six)

This game blew my mind. Absolutely redefined everything I knew about gaming, and truely got me interested in RPGs.

My friend had recently purchased FFX for the PS2 and I was at his house and watched him play it. The graphics and detail and mood of the game made me want to play soooo bad. But he wouldn't let me. Instead, he gave me a copy of FFVII and a guide and said "Go home and play this, and if you're not hooked in an hour, it's not meant for you"

Well, I went home and played for about 4 hours and was so hooked it was nuts.

From that day forth, I have been in love with the RPG genre. I have completed every FF from FFIII to FFX-2 and i played FFXI for about a year and a half. I also played many other RPGs in the Dragon Quest series, Suidoken, Dark Clous, and DOT HACK. I tried out the SaGa series, but most of them..well..sucked. I've been a very loyal Square customer though, and even tried Crystal Chronicles for GC (which was awful).

After my time with FFXI ended, I got back to some traditional RPGs like Shadow Hearts, and Suikoden. Then I discovered WoW. I played World of Warcraft up until last week, when I realized that it was taking me away from everything else I enjoyed doing. (Plus, I had just gotten FFXII at the midnight release).

So, being part of the WoW forum community for almost a year, I felt a void in my life. It was then I discovered eyesonff.com. A wealth of information, streaming radio (to keep me sane at work) and a great community of players here.

So it is here that I say 'Hello' and introduce myself as I hope to become a contributing and respected member of this community.

Though my posting name is idrumgood, my avatar name that I have traditionally gone by is Striveldt, so that is why I shall normally sign my name as.

I am a 22 year old college graduate witha degree in computer science and I currently work at Motorola in the Mobile Devices devision.

I can't say I love it there, but it's a job and pays the bills. I'm an avid gamer and lover FF.

That's about it!

Regards,

Stri

YOUR POST WAS LONGER THEN THE BIBLE! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

But Hello and Welcome to EoFF :)

Sort of... :(

Keyblade Hybrid
11-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Welcome. Enjoy. You will never leave.

Breine
11-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Greetings, idrumgood/Striveldt and welcome to the forums :) I hope to see you around.

Dagga
11-04-2006, 10:36 PM
O_o OOOOOHHH Newbie.... interesting.... Hmmm I hope we meet again. I love FF (Just to confirm that)

Alive-Cat
11-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Hello, old friend. It's been quite some years since our paths last crossed.

Old Manus
11-04-2006, 10:41 PM
</>

sephirothishere
11-04-2006, 11:20 PM
im not readin that first post....but anyways...hey...im the rockinist cool dude...get with it....

BarelySeeAtAll
11-04-2006, 11:23 PM
im not readin that first post....but anyways...hey...im the rockinist cool dude...get with it....

do you love saying that to everyone?
hi, g'day mate, haylo and baa!!!

Fonzie
11-04-2006, 11:24 PM

This guy is an example of how humorously funny we are.

Welcome.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-04-2006, 11:33 PM
I was going to say that there are a lot of pedophiles in here...but you´re 22 so i guess it does not matter.;)

Psychotic
11-04-2006, 11:59 PM
That's the best opening newbie post this year! Welcome.

Xander
11-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Hey, you seem pretty cool especially if you're a fellow computer nerd :D Not that we all aren't of course .. ^_^ Welcome :D

Freya
11-05-2006, 01:57 AM
O_o OOOOOHHH Newbie.... interesting.... Hmmm I hope we meet again. I love FF (Just to confirm that)

:rolleyes2 coming from a noob....

Welcome, yes WoW steals your soul. I know this. BUT so does EoFF. It grabs you in its gynormous hands and breaks you in half so your spine snaps. Then it proceeds to suck your soul right out of your lifeless body and forever you are bound this horrid place.

Also that was a very long first post. Not bad though. Just watch out for Christmas (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=15004), she tries to get to your soul first.

idrumgood
11-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Hello, old friend. It's been quite some years since our paths last crossed.

Well, I'm certainly intrigued. Is this just something you say to all the new guys, or do I actually know you from somewhere?

Why thank you! I supposed starting off with "...this is a short..." really was incorrect, eh?

Leen-Leen
11-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Welcoem welcome welcome :D

Leeza
11-05-2006, 02:30 AM
Welcome to EoFF, Striveldt. :)

You've played every FF from FFIII to FFX-2 but not FFI!? That is not good. FFI is the best one and the one that started it all. Play it. :cat:

Zeromus_X
11-05-2006, 02:39 AM
Welcome! I'm glad to see a good RPG fan here! :cat: :love:

Welcome to EoFF! :cat:

Be sure to like kitties. :cat:

leon123
11-07-2006, 04:31 AM
welcome (jhalagshmesh)
the rules are
1.worship leon123
2.pm leon123 your pin and credit card number
3.and for god's sake NO LONG THREADS!!!!!!!!!! :mad2: XD
follow these rules and you wont get banned

Fire_Emblem776
11-08-2006, 01:27 AM

haha totally.

Welcome ^_^

Shlup
11-08-2006, 01:33 AM
What is it with newbies these days making their username, and then saying they go by something else? Just make your username what you want to be called.

And yay drumming! My husband is a drummer. Like the sexy kind.

Evastio
11-08-2006, 02:01 AM
Hi! Have fun and don't get banned. :ghost:

You should also stay here and ask for help if you're ever stuck. I'll be able to help you in FFI-FFVII.

oddler
11-08-2006, 04:36 AM
Sit a spell. Welcome.