PDA

View Full Version : Burn Baby Burn

starseeker
11-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Since Guy Fawkes night is tomorrow I thought I'd make another poll.
Do you prefer fireworks or bonfires?
I prefer bonfires because I'm a pyromaniac who doesn't like loud noises. :exdee:

The Devil Man
11-04-2006, 09:07 PM
I prefer bonfires because I'm a pyromaniac who doesn't like loud noises. :exdee:

You should hear sexy sexist Devil Man in bed :jokey:

He is an ANIMAL who LOOOOOVES to ROOOOOOOOOOOAR and make the LOOOOOOUDEST noises he can when he is with a Beautiful Goddess :hot: :radred: :roll:

On topic, Devil Man likes Bonfires more because the smell of warm fire and burning logs is kinda romantic.

Sergeant Hartman
11-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Disco inferno!

Dreddz
11-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Fireworks, their puuurrty.

Chloe.
11-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Fireworks, their puuurrty.

:bigsmile:

~SapphireStar~
11-04-2006, 09:15 PM
I like both, but lately Ive been driven mad by the fireworks round here.

starseeker
11-04-2006, 09:19 PM

You should hear sexy sexist Devil Man in bed :jokey:

He is an ANIMAL who LOOOOOVES to ROOOOOOOOOOOAR and make the LOOOOOOUDEST noises he can when he is with a Beautiful Goddess :hot: :radred: :roll:

On topic, Devil Man likes Bonfires more because the smell of warm fire and burning logs is kinda romantic.

*stabbity* Do you ever use your upper brain?

Yeah too many fireworks at night is one of the reasons I'm in a foul mood. Why do Diwali and Guy Fawkes night have to be so close together?

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I prefer bonfires. Not that we have them around here, though.

Quindiana Jones
11-04-2006, 09:22 PM
0 of you are idiots.

I like them both. Fireworks are pretty and shiny, and fire is one of my most loved things. I could stare at it for hours.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Fireworks ftw.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-04-2006, 09:35 PM
ahh!!jeeze, that was too hard to answer, so i chose both, sorta, i love fire!!!:radred: and fireworks!!!yay!!!!perrrrdy!!!

The Devil Man
11-04-2006, 09:44 PM
*stabbity* Do you ever use your upper brain?

Yeah too many fireworks at night is one of the reasons I'm in a foul mood. Why do Diwali and Guy Fawkes night have to be so close together?

Don't be so silly you sexy Starseeker :razz: :jess: Devil Man's brain is in a permanent state of Hibernation :spin: He only needs his STUNNING good looks and GOD-DAMN SEXY BODY to get him through the day ;)

You should have also included an extra question 'What is your favourite firework?' too! (Not that YOUR FRIEND Devil Man is complaining, Starseeker *hugs* This is a great thread which only someone as super-duper fabulous as you could'a come up with!)

Mine is a Catherine Wheel. I can see a few of them in the sky outside my window right now. Can't wait till tomorrow!

Yamaneko
11-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I wish everyday was Guy Fawkes Day!

Cruise Control
11-04-2006, 09:50 PM
I never saw the point to fireworks. OMG SHINY SPARKLES! Big deal. It doesn't even meet any basic human needs. I much prefer a fire, since it at least provides warmth.

The Devil Man
11-04-2006, 09:53 PM
I never saw the point to fireworks. OMG SHINY SPARKLES! Big deal. It doesn't even meet any basic human needs. I much prefer a fire, since it at least provides warmth.

You, sir, have no soul :(

Though I am more a Bonfire Devil Man myself, I appreciate the asthetic beauty of fireworks never-the-less.

By the way, cool name. It reminds me of that crappy sequel to Speed. Ya know, Speed 2: Cruise Control.

And it reminds me of Tom Cruise... :(

Poor Suri :crying:

Cruise Control
11-04-2006, 09:55 PM
By the way, cool name. It reminds me of that crappy sequel to Speed. Ya know, Speed 2: Cruise Control.Yeah, thanks. Because we all know it's wonderful to be compared to Speed 2.
T_T

Breine
11-04-2006, 10:55 PM
I voted fireworks. They make loud noises and look great... Who doesn't like that ;)

Shoeberto
11-04-2006, 10:56 PM
I kinda want to watch V for Vendetta now.

Rye
11-04-2006, 10:57 PM

Me too. I won't be able to do anything tomorrow without thinking "Remember, remember, the 5th of November." xD

Sergeant Hartman
11-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Bonfires! But not in my back garden.

Sylvie
11-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Bonfires. I like fire.

yumi
11-04-2006, 11:54 PM
I need both. You can have bonfires or fireworks any day of the year, being together is what makes them so darn special (and toffee apples)

Unfortunately I have a bad cold and a dissertation to write so missed my bonfire night. Had to watch out the window. So not the same!

Xander
11-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Bonfires, really warm and pretty and bright...

You can have bonfires or fireworks any day of the year
I don't think they sell fireworks all year though I may be wrong :p

Psychotic
11-05-2006, 12:14 AM
I wish everyday was Guy Fawkes Day!Every day in October and November is Guy Fawkes day, or at least lots of people armed with fireworks seem to think so.

DarkLadyNyara
11-05-2006, 01:11 AM
I like bonfires. Fireworks are okay in moderation, but nowhere near as cool as a huge fire. :D

Reine
11-05-2006, 03:56 AM

C for Cookie :mad2:

Martyr
11-05-2006, 05:41 AM
Bonfires are warm, they make ugly or space consuming objects disappear, they're fun to watch for hours on end, they are fun to make and build, and to watch grow (Plus, they can dim out and then be regrown almost immediately, making them nearly unquenchable when you need a fire. It's like electricity, but free.)

Fireworks are ooud, obnoxious, expensive, and, unfortunately, they're boring. Don't deny it. You've seen them before. They're impractical and impressive but not half as cool as any other flashy new sensation, like having a hair plucked out of your nose.

Shlup
11-05-2006, 07:41 AM
I like to throw fireworks into bonfires.

Resha
11-05-2006, 09:15 AM
They don't do Guy Fawkes day here, but I've read about it since I was a kid, and I really wanna do it one day. Fireworks -- I love. <3 I am a pyromaniac and I sit for hours just watching people popopopopop fireworks on random nights.

I feel sorry for Fawkes, though. Remember, remember, the fifth of November. :(

theundeadhero
11-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Fireworks are really kinda boring.

Behold the Void
11-05-2006, 09:49 AM
I tend to prefer bonfires, since I generally go to them with my friends and have a lot of fun as opposed to fireworks, which I only tend to see the Fourth of July and traditionally is only when my parents decide to go to some big show, usually at my mother's workplace.

It involves being cold and a lot of waiting for a 30-minute production which, while impressive, is NOT worth the rest of the crap.

Fireworks just don't have a whole lof of hold on me.

Sefie1999AD
11-05-2006, 10:00 AM

Me too. I won't be able to do anything tomorrow without thinking "Remember, remember, the 5th of November." xD

Thirded. It's already November 5th here, although we don't celebrate Guy Fawkes' Day here. Anyway, I prefer fireworks to bonfire. The fireworks often look pretty and flashy, although I'm kind of glad they're very rare here so that you can't grow overly tired of them. I usually go and see them in the New Year's Eve, at midnight, when the year changes.

Zeldy
11-05-2006, 11:16 AM
I prefer going to a proper event instead of someones back garden for fireworks, they're always better quality, and more of them. Bonfires scare me, too much ash was flying everywhere at the Bonfire (Or "Bommy" as we call them :p ) I was at last night.

I just dont see why people cant wait till tonight to fire them, and there'll be people firing them all week.

XandrewX
11-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't mind watching fireworks...

NorthernChaosGod
11-06-2006, 07:59 AM
They both rock, so I chose both. :cool:

Chemical
11-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Where I'm from bonfires were a weekend ritual accompanied by underage drinking of tall-cans and 40s.

Slowly, one by one each member of this sacred circle became legal and it was soon that the circle had alltogether vanished; retreating into basements; watching hockey games and playing video games around the warmth of a heating tower while and drinking respectable 24s of beer (for this was also a time of great change when parttime jobs became necessary).

Now in my old age where even this custom has been replaced with a rare outing to a finely established etablishment I now look back on bonfires with a nostalgic fondness.

Themz were the dayz.

Jowy
11-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Bonfires allow the roasting of marshmallows on sticks. Fireworks involve drunken firing of bottle rockets at each other.

I prefer roasted marshmallows to roasted flesh.

Peter_20
11-06-2006, 07:58 PM
I can't decide, they both rock. :rolleyes2

Twisted Tinkerbell
11-06-2006, 08:07 PM
I like bonfires, I hate fireworks.

DarkLadyNyara
11-06-2006, 11:31 PM
I prefer roasted marshmallows to roasted flesh.

Same here. <s>I save the roasted flesh for my Master</S>

*~Angel Wing~*
11-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Fireworks are pretty!!! :jess: I love the ones in Disney World!!! :love:

Keyblade Hybrid
11-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Fireworks!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Bang Bang Bang.

The Unknown Guru
11-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Loud noises make me scurry and hide. I can take a bonfire if I'm at least 20 feet away from it.

oddler
11-09-2006, 02:01 AM
I like to throw fireworks into bonfires.

And there ya go.

Both are good but bonfires last much longer. Bonfires.