PDA

View Full Version : Food you can't decide whether you like..

Xander
11-05-2006, 12:17 AM
I don't think I posted this before, hopefully not.

What food/drink can you not make up your mind if you like or not? So you have to keep eating it to try and decide, but then still can't.

For a long time mine was salmon, specifically smoked salmon, I pretty much think I love it now, but still have a little bit of doubt.

Also coffee, and peanuts. I was sure I didn't like peanut m and ms, but now I think I do, but I still dont think I like peanuts. Sometimes I'll try drinking coffee all day but still not sure.

And right now Im eating prawn cocktail crisps and thinking actually they hurt my mouth, maybe I dont like them....

Though I guess I am generally an indecisive person. :p Anyone else?

Rye
11-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Very spicy peppers. I like them, but I kind of don't when my mouth is burning and my eyes are watering from the hotness. xD

Evolavas
11-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Bean Burritoes.

I love those things, but when ever I eat them I throw up...

That counts, aye?

kikimm
11-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Yeah, coffee. And mint chocolate. I will say that I dislike the stuff, but a friend bought me some for my birthday and then I was eating it up! I guess it was kinda okay if I made it soft by sucking on it after awhile. Shruggy shrug.

Jimsour
11-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Pizza, when I was a kid.

Quindiana Jones
11-05-2006, 02:00 AM
Cocktail sausages! :drool: Whenever I eat them, I seem to get food poisoning, but they're so delicious I do it anyway haha

Keyblade Hybrid
11-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Anything mushy...ewww

Zeldy
11-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Mushrooms. I like them, but when Im offerred them I refuse.

Sausage rolls too, Ive eaten them before, and I like them, but I think one made me ill and Ive never eaten them since.

Dreddz
11-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Soup. Any.

DK
11-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I used to love prawns when I was like, 3 but then for some reason I just stopped liking them, and I didn't eat them for around 16 years, until I got some King Prawns with this like, giant tapas thing that was beign passed around the tables at my birthday. Since then I've eaten some Tempura prawns a few times, and I really really like the taste still and I think i'm pretty much over it, but the texture of the prawns still puts doubt in my mind. It's such a weird texture D:

Iceglow
11-05-2006, 07:42 PM
hmm, I tried lotus paste balls from the bakery in china town and couldn't decide if I liked them. So I brought another one and another but I still can't decide if I like them. lol.

Rye
11-05-2006, 07:44 PM
I used to love prawns when I was like, 3 but then for some reason I just stopped liking them, and I didn't eat them for around 16 years, until I got some King Prawns with this like, giant tapas thing that was beign passed around the tables at my birthday. Since then I've eaten some Tempura prawns a few times, and I really really like the taste still and I think i'm pretty much over it, but the texture of the prawns still puts doubt in my mind. It's such a weird texture D:

Prawn Earl does not appreciate you insulting his body textures. ;__;

But yeah, if a food has a weird texture, even if the taste is good, I don't like to eat it. :p

I Took the Red Pill
11-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Quesadillas.

yumi
11-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Raw jelly.
Love the chewiness hate the fact it makes me feel so sick after.

Shlup
11-05-2006, 09:31 PM
That zero calorie Sprite. It's glorious, but evil.

~SapphireStar~
11-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Prawn crackers. They make me feel sick, yet I need to dunk them in chicken & sweetcorn soup!

sephirothishere
11-05-2006, 10:14 PM
roasted peanuts...

Iceglow
11-05-2006, 11:18 PM
honey roast or dry roast? on those peanuts I mean.

Sprite zero is the root of all evil Shlup I have to do this to save you *gets big slapping glove suspiciously looks like a boston red sox, foam glove and slaps Shlup Quack* Sorry.

Xander
11-05-2006, 11:25 PM
honey roast peanuts? I thought that was ham. And goddamnit must get some of those peanut M&Ms I don't like tomorrow morning....

sephirothishere
11-05-2006, 11:31 PM
dry probly...

Venom
11-05-2006, 11:36 PM
I cant really say that there are foods that I cant decide whether I like or not, with me its either I like it and I eat it or I dont like it and I dont eat it.

Jigsaw
11-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Gooseberries. And beef stew.

Quindiana Jones
11-06-2006, 10:29 PM
PEPPERS! Normal peppers. My brain says I don't like me, but my tongue says different.

Dr Unne
11-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Strawberries and shrimp. Those two foods, I'm somehow convinced I don't like them. But I have lots of memories that tell me that I tried them and liked them in the past. However no amount of new experience can seem to shake this funny feeling that I hate them. It's very odd.

Iceglow
11-06-2006, 11:18 PM
honey roast peanuts do exist, Tinker's didn't believe me untill I showed her. In peanuts, Salted comes in a red or blue bag, Dry roasted comes in a dark brown bag and honey roast come in an ochre coloured bag. Or if you are cheap and go to the corner shop they come in bags marked up at 79p or something and the bag is bright yellow and says clearly on it "honey roast peanuts" they're wonderful and yummie! They are however the proverbial rocking horse do-dah and therefore finding them is hard.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Shrimp. The first time I had it I loved it, and the other times I had it I hated it.

RiseToFall
11-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Caviar - It's a love hate thing I got going on.

mooglebunni608
11-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Wasabi ^_^
I'll be like; 'Mmm, I love wasabi! *takes big spoonful and eats it*'
*10 seconds late* 'AAAH! MY FACE! IT'S BURNING! AAAH!! I HATE WASABI'

Cloudane
11-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Sushi. Well, I guess it's so diverse, as it's a choice of lots of different little things. I probably mean things like raw tuna or whatever - it seems nice (especially with a bit of wasabi on, mmmm) but I can never get over the "it's raw fish" thing. And it doesn't seem nearly as nice without the wasabi so maybe it's just that which I like and it drowns out the flavour of everything else!

I don't know if it's a "standard" or just the bar I went to, but firecracker rice = mmmmmmmm, no uncertainty there, that's real nice.

sephirothishere
11-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Wasabi ^_^
I'll be like; 'Mmm, I love wasabi! *takes big spoonful and eats it*'
*10 seconds late* 'AAAH! MY FACE! IT'S BURNING! AAAH!! I HATE WASABI'

thats how its meant to be....happens to everyone...