PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions....(gameplay related)

Scream1008
11-05-2006, 03:57 AM
Hey all, I have 2 questions about a few things in the game. These are not plot-related, but related to gameplay. One is about the Level 4 Limit Breaks: when are you able to use the item (ex. the "Omnislash" item for Cloud) to be able to get the Limit? Do you have to be above a certain level? Another question is: where can I find the Counter Materia? A few sources I have found say "The Crater" but fail to tell me WHERE in the Crater. Thanks in advance.

Sylvie
11-05-2006, 04:06 AM
One is about the Level 4 Limit Breaks: when are you able to use the item (ex. the "Omnislash" item for Cloud) to be able to get the Limit?

I believe that you need all the other Limit Breaks, and then you should be able to use the item.

Another question is: where can I find the Counter Materia? A few sources I have found say "The Crater" but fail to tell me WHERE in the Crater. Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for the Magic Counter materia, or just the Counter one?

Zeromus_X
11-05-2006, 04:09 AM
Go into the second magic pot area. In the northeast part of that area is an entrance to a crater-y part of the Northern Cave. There should be a glowing light in the center of the area. I believe the Counter materia (not Counter-Attack or Magic Counter) is there.

Sefie1999AD
11-05-2006, 10:17 AM
You need all the other limit breaks (for levels 1, 2 and 3) to be able to use the level 4 limit manual. However, Cait Sith can never learn his level 4 limit break (he only has one limit break on levels 1 and 2).

As for the Counter materias, there's several places in the game where you can get the Counter Attack materia. I think you can only get Magic Counter from Chocobo races. Counter is kind of hard to find. It's in the Northern Crater. Follow Zeromus_X's instructions to reach an area with a very bright light in the center. I don't think you can see the materia, but keep going around the light and tapping the confirm button, and you should eventually be able to find the Counter materia.

Scream1008
11-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Thank you all very much. Although I am still a bit confused on the Limit Breaks. Cloud has his Level 3 Limit Break and so does Red XIII. However the Omnislash item will not work on Cloud (he says something like "I don't know about this...") and neither will Cosmo Memory on Red ("I don't get it").

cloud21zidane16
11-05-2006, 02:56 PM
well thats strange, count the names of them, all together there should be six then you can teach him omnislash and in total there should be seven. oh you do have his limit set to level 3 dont you?

Scream1008
11-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Thank you, cloud21zidane16. I know that he only has 5. He only has one for his Level 3 Limit Break, Meteorain. Well I guess what I should be asking then is how to get the other for Level 3?

Anyway I have another question, this time on the Final Attack materia. I googled and read on a site that you can get this materia after purchasing the Omnislash and the W-Summon materia. I purchased Omnislash yesterday, saved. This morning I got enough for W-Summon, purchased it, saved. Now what I read says that I am supposed to talk to the lady at the desk like I normally do and she will suggest a new, tougher battle. However, when I talked to her, it was just as if I hadn't purchased either of those items; by this I mean it was the same as always. What did I do wrong?

Zeromus_X
11-05-2006, 04:47 PM
To earn the second Limit Break for a level, you need to keep using the first Limit Break for that level until the second one is unlocked. So just keep using Meteorain to learn Finishing Touch.

Likewise, you have to kill a certain number of enemies with one character to unlock their next level one Limit Break.

cloud21zidane16
11-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Thank you, cloud21zidane16. I know that he only has 5. He only has one for his Level 3 Limit Break, Meteorain. Well I guess what I should be asking then is how to get the other for Level 3?

Anyway I have another question, this time on the Final Attack materia. I googled and read on a site that you can get this materia after purchasing the Omnislash and the W-Summon materia. I purchased Omnislash yesterday, saved. This morning I got enough for W-Summon, purchased it, saved. Now what I read says that I am supposed to talk to the lady at the desk like I normally do and she will suggest a new, tougher battle. However, when I talked to her, it was just as if I hadn't purchased either of those items; by this I mean it was the same as always. What did I do wrong?

okay thats even stranger, after you saved it are you sure you didnt load another file where you havent purchased the w-summon yet, the only other thing i can suggest doing is maybe purchasing the championship belt, i dont think it makes a difference but its worth a try.
i always talk to the woman on the right desk as well not that that would make diference either

Scream1008
11-05-2006, 07:39 PM

okay thats even stranger, after you saved it are you sure you didnt load another file where you havent purchased the w-summon yet, the only other thing i can suggest doing is maybe purchasing the championship belt, i dont think it makes a difference but its worth a try.
i always talk to the woman on the right desk as well not that that would make diference either

I only have one save file of the game, so it's definitely on the one I loaded. It would be kind of ludicrous if somehow what you earn in the Battle Square is negated every time you leave it (like your Battle Points). I'll try getting the Champion Belt. Thanks for your help.

Scream1008
11-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Well getting the Championship Belt didn't work; I suppose I can try and get to where I am able to equip Omnislash. Hopefully I will be able to try for the Final Attack materia then.

Now, I'm having trouble locating the Magic Pot area. I would appreciate some help on finding that. Sorry for all the questions.:p

TheSpoonyBard
11-20-2006, 08:09 AM
To gain access to the Special Battle for Final Attack, you need to:

- purchase and learn Omnislash
- purchase W-Summon
- defeat Ultima WEAPON

Scream1008
11-20-2006, 10:43 PM
To gain access to the Special Battle for Final Attack, you need to:

- purchase and learn Omnislash
- purchase W-Summon
- defeat Ultima WEAPON