PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Part?

Khaotic
11-05-2006, 04:18 AM
Whats your most difficult spot you've encountered thus far? Please use spoilers if needed.

Mine is that Wyrm thing that does all sorts of status effects, I had to get myself 2.2k hp to everyone before beating him, and even then it was pretty tough, I need to work on my gambits.

How about the rest of you?

Zeromus_X
11-05-2006, 04:21 AM
The Demon Wall is kicking my ass.

As it should.

I need to work on my Quickening chains. And better equipment and Gambits wouldn't hurt either. xD

Goldenboko
11-05-2006, 04:25 AM

As it should.

I need to work on my Quickening chains. And better equipment and Gambits wouldn't hurt either. xD

I came up with a strategy for him, cast reflect on your entire party so his status spells don't hit you and you should be able to beat him rather easily... mine was probably the Judge on the Leviathen (I forgot his name)

Zeromus_X
11-05-2006, 04:27 AM
I actually pwned Ghis with one Quickening chain. But thank you for the advice, I'll have to try that out.

Khaotic
11-05-2006, 04:29 AM
I actually pwned Ghis with one Quickening chain. But thank you for the advice, I'll have to try that out.

Lol, I'm basically running my own challenge on my first playthrough.

No quickenings(haven't used them yet, or atleast, not over 2 hits, first hit doesn't do much damage anyways and sucks all your mp) and I can only save in 1 file, not multiple. Plus I rarely buy items(such as potions and stuff, not weapons and armor etc)

skillzboy4
11-05-2006, 04:52 AM
This was by far the hardest part of the game for me Wossler, i dont know why took me forever to beat while it says on gamefaq hes easy, i got lucky n used a quickening at the last second!!

Goldenboko
11-05-2006, 05:04 AM

I actually didn't have Quickenings at that time. Let me know if my strategy helps.

The Unknown Guru
11-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Toughest part was on the Leviathan, when you have to take out all those Judges before you rescue Ashe. No idea why I had problems with that.

Zeromus_X
11-06-2006, 12:31 AM
Well, I beat both Demon Walls (the second was alot easier than the first), and I basically used two Quickening Chains (one with Ashe, one starting with Vaan), then cast Berserk on Basch and Vossler so they attack nonstop (and Basch's new awesome hammer did alot of damage), and finally used a Reflectga Node. Ashe still got sent to the X-Zone, but I won.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any Gambits for 'Party Member Status: Blind' yet, so I couldn't use the second half of your strategy, but I still won. :) :cat:

Goldenboko
11-06-2006, 01:29 AM
There was no second half :P

My new hardest part was the Elder Wrym the name is something like that, he's the thing past Eyunt Village in the Jungle

Zeromus_X
11-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Maybe I was thinking of what the guide advised then. Nevermind. xD :cat:

Madame Adequate
11-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Wild Saurian

Zeromus_X
11-06-2006, 02:21 AM
I should try killing that now.

Goldenboko
11-06-2006, 02:30 AM
Meh, those aren't too tough, one Quickening can bring it down. I beat it without Quickenings too.

Rye
11-06-2006, 02:35 AM
Toughest part was on the Leviathan, when you have to take out all those Judges before you rescue Ashe. No idea why I had problems with that.

Yeah, same here for me. Just getting through that whole area was tough! ;_;

Spammerman
11-06-2006, 02:45 AM

As it should.

Ichimonji
11-06-2006, 05:28 PM
I've encountered two pretty challenging fights while going through the storyline thus far. The first was Elder Wyrm in Golmore Jungle, because it casted every negative status effect on all your party members every two minutes. It caught me off guard, so it got pretty annoying. The second was the ambush by the twenty-two Slimes in the Henne Mines. Holy crap, those things almost owned my party, but I stuck it through.

As for optional... the hardest I've fought is the White Mousse in the Garamsythe Waterway, because it spams Waterga before it dies, and if you cast Beserk on it, its physical attacks are pretty strong too. I also tried fighting Adremmelech, but I instantly got my butt handed to me. So Im going to wait till I'm at the higher level for that one.

Elfen
11-06-2006, 05:34 PM
The Wraith looking boss in Sochen Palace Cave.

Freya
11-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Right now it's that stupid wrym that casts status effects. Before it was that stupid Demon Wall.

neverforgetthem625
11-07-2006, 01:40 AM
i had some problems with the demon wall.
it kicked fran into the 'X-Zone' or some nonsense.
she came back though.
i was really worried for a second.

and now, i cannot beat that elder wyrm or dragon or something. for those of you that havent gotten there yet-level up, or you're going to die. esuna might come in handy...and it would be lovely if i could find some remedies, but apparently the people at square dont like to hand those out as much as they did in other FFs.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Mine was Bomb King, so to avoid that all I did was go to Phon Coast. I will come back and defeat him when I have like Waterga.

Madame Adequate
11-07-2006, 02:30 AM

Because YOU were severely underleveled, dear Ryechuuuu~ :p I took them out no problem, and kicked the crap out of everyone who followed them.

Rye
11-07-2006, 02:47 AM

Because YOU were severely underleveled, dear Ryechuuuu~ :p I took them out no problem, and kicked the crap out of everyone who followed them.

I know I was, but you are... um... well... stop showing off your totally good levels. ;__;

Dell
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Rank VII mob hunt are killing me (Damn you!!!! PYLRASTER IS AN IDIOT! HE KILL ME WHEN I TOOK OUT 95% OF HIS HP!!!!)

Currently, I have a phobia of going to Pharos - Subterra.

If you guys are having problem with Elder Wyrm and Tiamat, then level up some more after you fight them, another tough challenge, Mateus awaits after Golmore Jungle, the Stilshrine of Miriam.

BustaMo
11-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Tiamat's a pain to defeat. I've gotten him to about 3,000 left, but only Panelo left alive. Yay! Level up time!

cloud_1994
12-04-2006, 07:01 AM
Mine is Elder Wyrm...I hate it...I took out its 90% of life...After that,he uses fireball and kill my party immediately... i hate him...

Dewprisms
12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I haven't really found anything 'hard'. Some bosses took me a minute to get used to, but I haven't ever died at a boss and I wiped the floor clean with them all basically. :choc: