PDA

View Full Version : Gogol Bordello

~SapphireStar~
11-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh my god, Im in love! This band are just so amazing! Thank you to Nominus Experse for introducing me to their music, if you havent listened to them, you are missing out! I purchased the single Sally for £3 on Ebay, now Im currently bidding on their album Gypsy Punks (Underdog World Strike)...

Artist:Gogol Bordello
Album: Gypsy Punks
Genre: Gypsy Punk mixed with cabaret, punk, and dub

Take traditional gypsy music from Eastern Europe, and then put in a place where there can be a frenetic, fantastic stage show. The songs are catchy, and you can definately feel the playful, dancable nature of the songs. The members of the band are an ecclectic bunch, and it simply adds to the show and sound.

One listen to Start Wearing Purple will have you realize the nature of these guys.

They do make me get up and dance cause the music is so beaty and you cant sit still whilst listening to them. I do agree with NE saying their tunes are catchy, Ive been humming Start Wearing Purple all weekend! And Eugene Hütz (lead singer) is one of the best singers Ive heard! Seriously, he just sounds like a mad drunkard!

Start Wearing Purple - WATCH!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_81l4DXlwM)

So anyone else a fan here? Surely there must be!

Rainecloud
11-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Okay for a party/wedding reception, but wouldn't be caught dead listening to it at home.

Quite annoying, actually. :p

Cz
11-06-2006, 07:46 PM
I don't really like Gogol Bordello all that much. Fair play to them for trying something different, and from what I've seen their gigs look like a good laugh, but the music doesn't really do anything for me. Still, it's not really my kind of thing to begin with, so it's not surprising that it doesn't appeal to me. Hope you enjoy the album. :)