PDA

View Full Version : FFXI ----> FFXII

Miriel
11-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Ok, so I can't be the only FFXI player doing this sorta stuff.

The first time Vaan died while leveling, my first thought was, "crap! Someone raise me!" And especially in the beginning whenever the monsters would link, I would hope someone would come by and grab the link. And it always takes me a moment to realize I'm all alone.

And man, I really miss auto-run!

Oh and sometimes when I accidently move my character around while they're casting a spell, I think, "Oops. I hope I didn't interrupt the spell!" And then it's like, ohwaitno. xD

Ouch!
11-05-2006, 03:10 PM
You're not alone.

Markus. D
11-05-2006, 05:55 PM
n_n oh I dont want everyones thoughts on FFXI to turn baderer.

cant we all just get along?

Miriel
11-05-2006, 06:00 PM

What are you talking about? O_o

Markus. D
11-05-2006, 06:21 PM

What are you talking about? O_o

first of all the thread name to name many things.

I dont want to be hearing variations of Anti-Fandom from the FFXII fans. who have just happened to have played FFXI and hated it.

Zeromus_X
11-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Eh. I don't really know what most of you are talking about. :confused: It must be an FFXI thing.

Markus. D
11-05-2006, 06:23 PM
v_v"

Russielloyd
11-05-2006, 07:21 PM
I miss auto-run.

Sometimes on FFXI, i'd stick myself on auto-run, in the Dunes or through the Konschtat Highlands and go down stairs and make food or something. I keep trying to do it on FFXII before realising is doesnt work.

Yeargdribble
11-05-2006, 07:22 PM
wtf? This thread (by my understanding) was about carrying over FFXI habits into FFXII. What are we not getting along about?

Anyway, I did have some of those issues. I found msyelf mostly being afraid of interupting casting by moving. I have the feeling after playing FFXII hardcore for a while longer I'm gonna have the same habits going back to FFXI. I've made a point of making myself run while casting and when I go back to FFXI I think I'll probably run my castings off out of habit ><

Del Murder
11-05-2006, 07:23 PM
You guys are overhyping auto run. Tilting the control stick takes much less effort than navigating those damn number keys.

I've found myself standing still when casting a spell, and when I pick up items I always want to go sort them so that I don't run out of space.

Tsukasa, you are completely misunderstanding this thread. Miriel is a big fan of FFXI. She is remarking on the similarities between the games and how that would cause FFXI players to act like they were in that game when playing FFXII.

Yeargdribble
11-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I always want to Mazurka or Flee through longer zones. I miss sneak and invis and also always want to lullaby mobs when I get a lot of links.

Russielloyd
11-05-2006, 07:38 PM
When i get agro, i instantly look for a zone point. But FFXII, you can out-run them if the area is big enough, they'll give up the chase. FFXI , they hound you forever.

Fuego
11-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Haven't played 12 yet, I'm still just gettin' into 11 ...

I hope to start my promys this week, if LS is free (alot of ppl in ls need promys)

I have a ways to go .... plus i'll wait for 12 to go down in price and pick up a new PS when i get to that point as well ...

Rostum
11-05-2006, 11:07 PM
You guys are overhyping auto run. Tilting the control stick takes much less effort than navigating those damn number keys.

I do not agree. I find I have heaps more control with the numpad than a controller. Not to mention an easier and more efficient access to the rest of the keys. :D

And Tsukasa, I don't know what the hell you are on about. :confused:

Ouch!
11-05-2006, 11:16 PM
And Tsukasa, I don't know what the hell you are on about.
He's on something, you're right about that.

Germ Hamee
11-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Lack of auto-run is what's getting me the most. And it's not just FFXII -- I do it with every game. I'm so used to eating in piece while auto-run does all the work, and now my food is getting cold. =(

And, being a black mage in FFXI, I'm so used to playing purely by macros that I feel completely lost in battle sometimes. Gambits are slowly starting to take care of that problem, though.

Markus. D
11-06-2006, 01:20 AM
And Tsukasa, I don't know what the hell you are on about.
He's on something, you're right about that.

I... give up on this forum... thread. >_>

Miriel
11-06-2006, 05:37 AM
Tsukasa, the topic of this thread is about FFXI players who have gotten so used to certain aspects of the game that those habits transfer over to FFXII, which is some aspects is very similar to FFXI. The topic was meant to be light-hearted so we could all have a giggle over how some habits are hard to break.

As for the topic title, it's FFXI followed by an arrow pointing toward FFXII which indicates the transition between the two games.

I think you got very confused about what this topic was all about. Hopefully, things are a little clearer to you now.

Markus. D
11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
oh okay n_n

its just the way you worded it :]

sorta sounded like you were saying. FFXI is better then FFXII in every way lets flame?

Fuego
11-06-2006, 09:48 PM
I retract my statment ... i have played the demo for XII ... i liked it, but it was like, ok, here you go kill in this teeny tiny area ... whoohoooo alright you're done ... GAME OVER ...

I'm like thats weak! I like what i got to play but it was far to short lived. (and this was before my ps fell to peices ... and before i played XI)

But i bet the auto-run would be the toughest habbit to break as well as the lack of macros D;

Rostum
11-06-2006, 11:10 PM
oh okay n_n

sorta sounded like you were saying. FFXI is better then FFXII in every way lets flame?

No, it really did not sound like she was saying that.

Del Murder
11-07-2006, 02:45 AM
I think he misinterpreted the arrow for a greater than sign. Anyway, let's get over this.

I want to level my weapon skills in FFXII. :(

Fuego
11-07-2006, 05:00 AM
LOL ... i bet its totally different that 11 .... DAM SE !!!!!

Evil peeps !!! once you get into the swing of one of their titles ... they go and completely change everything :crying2:

Markus. D
11-07-2006, 07:18 AM
oh okay n_n

good stuff n_n"

Misfit
11-07-2006, 05:22 PM
oh okay n_n

I agree. Double-yew-tee-eff, Tsukasa?

Anyways, I don't get FFXII 'till 10 more days. :( But, I do that with other games. xD So, I understand what you're talking about.

Markus. D
11-07-2006, 06:55 PM
oh okay n_n

I agree. Double-yew-tee-eff, Tsukasa?

Anyways, I don't get FFXII 'till 10 more days. :( But, I do that with other games. xD So, I understand what you're talking about.

OKAY! FOLKS, its just IMO how I saw she worded the thread "name".

Just sort of like saying that eg. Vegetables > Fruit (even though that may not be another's opinion).

That’s how I saw it.

Yeargdribble
11-07-2006, 11:23 PM
----> = arrow
> = greater than sign

Actually I see far more people use > as an arrow (usually discussing SCs) than use ----> as some type of greater than.

If someone wants some type of extremelly greater than they would likely use this:

FFXII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFXI

to express that FFXII is waaaay greater tahn FFXI... though that could still be used as an arrow commonly /shrug