PDA

View Full Version : Bribe issues

parkspapercut
11-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Hey, I'm currently going through the Omega dungeon leveling and customising my equipment when I ran into a slight problem.

Now, just so you know, I'm following the Piggyback guide for the game.
On one of the final pages in the back it lists customisable abilities which make leveling up an easier task, one of these abilities is Double AP.
There are several ways to get this, but the easiest seems to be to bribe a creature called Varuna, who roams in the Omega Dungeon.
According to the guide if I bribe him with >280,000 Gil then he should give me the 20X Megalixir's needed to add the ability.

However, whenever I use Rikku to bribe the creature (Generally going with 280,005 gil to be safe) it will say Miss, yet I will lose the money anyway.

What am I doing wrong here?

wofl
11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
I think the guide is wrong in this respect...from what I've seen, 1,120,000 gil is the general requirement to bribe Varuna's. That's probably why it says "Miss", because >280k gil technically isn't enough to get anything out of it.

Give that a try, though.

Zeromus_X
11-05-2006, 04:01 PM
If it misses even after you've payed the correct price, just Bribe it for 1 more Gil. If that doesn't work, then it may not be the correct price.

parkspapercut
11-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks to you both, I'll give it a try when I come across the next one and report back

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-05-2006, 06:13 PM
here's the thing, i use that guide too. the stats in the baqck of the book are wrong, but if u luk up the creature in the mosters section u can find the correct bribe price there.

it was just saying miss because u weren't offering enough.

EL337
11-07-2006, 06:23 AM
iirc, the bribe price has something to do with the monster's max hp. (i think it's 20 x max HP = minimum bribe price).