PDA

View Full Version : The Parasol

Skyblade
11-05-2006, 09:11 PM
After spending the past few days trying to get this weapon, I have decided to see who here as succeeded in getting this. I've tried with my computer's joystick, keyboard, and gamepad, but no matter what I do, I can't rack up the 5000 points needed to obtain this weapon. In fact, I have been unable to get more than 3500. It is, in my opinion, the most difficult weapon to acquire in the game. So, who actually has gotten this weapon?

BG-57
11-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I share your frustation. I even bought a turbo controller to work on my firing rate. Only my aim stinks and I haven't memorized the positions of the targets. I hate shooters anyway; eventually just I gave up. :mad2:

I guess Flayer needs as many points, but you can get GP much more easily when it appears as a prize than the Parasol, so I agree that it's the hardest weapon to get in the game.

My only consolation is that it wasn't really necessary to finish with the game.

o_O
11-06-2006, 11:27 AM
If you aren't already, there are a few things you need to make sure you shoot.

- The yellow boulder on the clifftop to your right, in the cactus section.
- The spotlight at the end. It's the second to last light on the left hand side.
- You need to kill the large UFO. That'll give you 1000 points.
- Also, apparently you can shoot the propellor of the airship. I've never seen it done, likely because it doesn't work in the PAL or NTSC version of the game. Some websites say it works on the PC and Japanese versions of FFVII though, neither of which I've played.

cloud21zidane16
11-06-2006, 03:48 PM
ive got it after a lot of goes:D id give the same tips that o_0 did, but i didnt think its worth it, although it does a lot of damage if you get it early in the game there are no slots and i find that very annoying:mad:

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-06-2006, 08:14 PM
the parasol is basically aeris' ToA weapon, aesome attack n no slots. it's atk actually beat princess guard tho not by much, not enough to be worth the effort.

anyway if u wanna beat the huge ufo things, repeatedly tap shoot very fast, this keep ur power as high as possible but it will go down a bit let ur power fill up agen when the ufo disappears into the background then just repeat wen it comes into view agen.

thers also another lite at the end. keep ur target rite in the bottom rite corner and keep shoot held down to hit it.

Psychotic
11-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Yup, I've got both the Flayer and the Parasol. Took a lot of practice though, and I had a lot of near misses, such as getting 4950 points, which made me want to tear my hair out. The best thing to do is just to memorise the course, and know when to expect rapidly moving objects such as the sparkles and those little red lava guys.

Skyblade
11-07-2006, 03:43 PM
I know where almost all of the objects come out. Getting the sight to be there at that time is something else entirely. The controls are rather sluggish, at least on the PC version.

And, unfortunately, there is no way for me to use the mouse to aim.