PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 invokes servitude of doll youth! Also: the Gears of War commercial!!!!

NINJA_Ryu
11-06-2006, 01:39 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9175871376644253876&q=baby+playstation+3+commercial&hl=en

creepy man....just saw this on TV.

Discuss

Spammerman
11-06-2006, 01:46 AM
I saw that a while ago. I thought it was kinda funny. In terms of commercials, Gears of War makes me sad:cry: That guy was being super cool dodging and running, then the big spider thing comes out of the dark like a wanna be ninja. i wouldve owned the spider's ass. Wouldve like stuck a grenade in his eyes or something coo,l like that

Jowy
11-06-2006, 01:52 AM
wow, thinking of the wrong video.

It's creepy. And I fail to see how it'll sell systems.

Roto13
11-06-2006, 01:53 AM
*sigh* That's... that's even dumber than the last PS3 ad.

EDIT: Gears of War? Mad World? What?

NINJA_Ryu
11-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Im a bit shocked that they adverstised Gears of War and that microsoft even had the brawn to do it. Since it could fall within ESRB guidelines, but the violence prolly wasnt.

As for the commercial, its spawning a generation of chuckies! Quick! Buy a wii, save a homicidal doll! :P

Jowy
11-06-2006, 02:01 AM
I posted at the ENTIRELY WRONG FORUM with my original post, hence why I edited it. xD

Roto13
11-06-2006, 02:04 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6068929929625136126&q=Playstation+3+commercial&hl=en

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2006, 02:04 AM
Obviously, a shooter set in a generic post-apocalyptic cityscape rendered entirely in dull browns and grays, whose protagonist is another generic square-jawed space marine, is certain to appeal to the arty Donnie Darko crowd.

Jowy
11-06-2006, 02:13 AM
Big burly men with even larger guns is what the general public seems to go for nowadays.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2006, 02:16 AM
Of course it is. What I am saying is that it is incongruous with the pervading music chosen.

Spammerman
11-06-2006, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by roto13-ness
EDIT: Gears of War? Mad World? What?.

Gears of War :cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wcc-ERAEwA

Mad World is the song

Jowy
11-06-2006, 02:33 AM
This has been established due to my ineptitude.

NINJA_Ryu
11-06-2006, 03:14 AM
How about we get back to the original topic? What kind of advetising does Sony think its doing? I dont think creepin people out is going to sell much, and even if they are going with a surreal twist ad, it doesnt work too well. For instance, what is with the tears and images, and then the retreating tears? The entire thing to me is daffy and creepy.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-06-2006, 03:39 AM
Looks like a pretty low budget for a gaming console that costs $600. And I don't see how it'll make people buy the thing.

Of course, I'm buying it anyway.

Mirage
11-06-2006, 03:54 AM
They've used up all their money on the console, so they can't afford good commercials :p.

On a side note, the Gears of War ad was kinda neat. Also, I don't think that song was made for Donnie Darko, they just happened to use it.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-06-2006, 04:00 AM
Actually, yes, the Gary Jules version was commissioned specifically for the Donnie Darko soundtrack.

Mirage
11-06-2006, 04:07 AM
I retract that statement then. Also, you know too much.

Dreddz
11-06-2006, 09:02 AM
The Gears of War advert is stupid, its just misleading people into thinking what its not.

On the other hand, that PS3 advert was awesome. Ive always liked Sony's advertising, except the first PS3 advert, that was terrible...

fantasyjunkie
11-06-2006, 09:14 AM
good or bad advertising, doesn't matter. I can't afford $600 :( :cry:

RiseToFall
11-06-2006, 10:28 AM
The commercial for GoW kind of sucked, though I think the game will turn out to be pretty good. It's a straight up shooter and looks to be fun. I do have to say that even though I like this game, I absolutely hate Cliff Blezinsky.

Sephex
11-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Obviously, a shooter set in a generic post-apocalyptic cityscape rendered entirely in dull browns and grays, whose protagonist is another generic square-jawed space marine, is certain to appeal to the arty Donnie Darko crowd.

Numbr 3456 why I wish I could hang with you in real life: No ****, man. My thoughts exactly. I pretty much said this when it was shown during the previews of a movie I saw on saturday.

Vermachtnis
11-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Seeing that doll thingy crying does not make me want to buy a PS3.
That new commercial with the exploding Rubix Cube does though, cause exploisions are awesome.

Yamaneko
11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
How is the GoW commercial misleading? They show in-game graphics and the main character blasting stuff and getting fired at in a post-apocalyptic landscape. If you find fault with the music then you should also find fault with all those WW2 shooters that are set to similar music. It's a cinematic technique where tranquil music is used to emphasize the dangerous environment the character is in.

Spammerman
11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
There is also another version using Highway to Hell for the GoW commercial.

edczxcvbnm
11-06-2006, 08:37 PM
My biggest gripe with that GoW commercial is it doesn't tell if the game might be any good. For all I know it could be some really fucked up tetris inspired puzzle game that happens to be a DooM rip off.

Slicksword45
11-07-2006, 12:31 AM
I likes the Ps3 commersial with the Cube exploding. It looked cool, and my dad laughed (The only times he laughs is when watching Family guy or south park. Everyone laughes with those shows though.)

~SapphireStar~
11-07-2006, 12:35 AM
What the hell?
That had to be one of the creepiest and worst ads Ive ever seen!

Spammerman
11-07-2006, 02:27 AM
My biggest gripe with that GoW commercial is it doesn't tell if the game might be any good. For all I know it could be some really smurfed up tetris inspired puzzle game that happens to be a DooM rip off.

Trust me, from what I saw, this game kicks ass. You start ass-kicking right after the tutorial, and it has a chainsaw bayonet:D Look it up on google videos. The AI is smart enough to duck sometimes if youre shooting at them, and they'll jump over the wall that your on and blast your brains out if youre not careful.

skip ahead to 27 seconds
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8135754912512251159&q=gears+of+war+gameplay&hl=en
Multiplayer looks nice too.

edczxcvbnm
11-07-2006, 03:42 AM
My biggest gripe with that GoW commercial is it doesn't tell if the game might be any good. For all I know it could be some really smurfed up tetris inspired puzzle game that happens to be a DooM rip off.

Trust me, from what I saw, this game kicks ass. You start ass-kicking right after the tutorial, and it has a chainsaw bayonet:D Look it up on google videos. The AI is smart enough to duck sometimes if youre shooting at them, and they'll jump over the wall that your on and blast your brains out if youre not careful.

skip ahead to 27 seconds
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8135754912512251159&q=gears+of+war+gameplay&hl=en
Multiplayer looks nice too.

You seem to have missed the point of what I said. Who cares if you can go online and find that stuff out. The commercial is suppose to do that and if fails at that...big time.

MecaKane
11-07-2006, 03:50 AM
No it's not.
Look at the PS3 commercial.
Look at all the other hype-o-tron commercials!
Look at the fucking commercials for the Simpsons movie trailer!
Those commercials serve their purpose, they let people know something big is coming.

Rase
11-07-2006, 06:49 AM
The baby doll commercial makes absolutely no sense to me. At least the Rubik's Cube makes some sort of assertion about what's it's advertising. I don't really think either are that great, just odd and somewhat confusing.

edczxcvbnm
11-07-2006, 02:41 PM
No it's not.
Look at the PS3 commercial.
Look at all the other hype-o-tron commercials!
Look at the smurfing commercials for the Simpsons movie trailer!
Those commercials serve their purpose, they let people know something big is coming.

PS3 lets me know that the PS3 is coming out. Everyone knows what it is and what it will do.
I have never heard of the Hype-o-tron brand of anything.
Because we all want to have 5 minute commercials.

I know. Lets have all commercials show strippers blowing up cars then at the end say what ever the product is about.

*strippers shoot car with guns for 28 seconds*
*Screen goes black and then the words appear*
Disney World

It lets people know something big is coming and that is appearantly all it needs to do :rolleyes2

Sephex
11-07-2006, 08:50 PM
DUDE THAT COMMERCIAL SOUNDS AWESOME!!

Old Manus
11-07-2006, 10:18 PM
I think we can all agree that if this was an advert for the Wii everybody would be pleasuring themselves over the deep and simple qualities of it. Unfortunately it's something to do with the PS3, so it's instantly rubbish.

Dreddz
11-07-2006, 10:35 PM
I think we can all agree that if this was an advert for the Wii everybody would be pleasuring themselves over the deep and simple qualities of it. Unfortunately it's something to do with the PS3, so it's instantly rubbish.

QFT. This pretty much applys with everything to be honest...

MecaKane
11-07-2006, 10:39 PM

No, don't be silly!

It's that nerds can't stand that their precious video games are advertised to the ignorant masses the same way any other product is!

Oh, and for the record that is all the PS3 ads have to do, as I'm pretty sure all of the first shipment consoles have already been spoken for, so all they have to do is tell the rest of the world that it's coming out and that you won't be getting one to create a bunch of hype.

Vikeve
11-07-2006, 11:08 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9175871376644253876&q=baby+playstation+3+commercial&hl=en

creepy man....just saw this on TV.

Discuss

Your right...... thats just creepy. Good thing I was already planning on gatting a PS3 before I saw that.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6068929929625136126&q=Playstation+3+commercial&hl=en

Thats better

good or bad advertising, doesn't matter. I can't afford $600 :( :cry:

I feel your pain.:cry: