PDA

View Full Version : Yensa (Sandsea spoilers)

Moon Rabbits
11-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Now, I'm not much of a Star Wars fan myself, having only seen the first trilogy and remembering very little of it. That aside, did anyone else draw a parallel between the Yensa and the Sand People from Star Wars?

And so I went to Wikipedia.

I mean, the Urutan-Yensa ride Yensa (the floating fish) and the Sand People ride the Ox things and both the Urutan-Yensa and Sand people look similar. Yensa wrap themselves completely in clothes, as do the Sand People, according to Wikipedia. The language of both the Yensa and Sand People is similar too.

Compare:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bb/FF12UltanYensa.jpg>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3e/Tuskenraider.jpg

Discuss.

Ichimonji
11-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Yes. This game is full of Lord of the Rings meets Star Wars.

Goldenboko
11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Ironically I thought that same exact thing. I then came to the conclusion I am crazy but I guess that is not the case.

Orophin
11-06-2006, 06:21 PM
FFXII creators are Star Wars fans if you didn't know. You will see a lot of things like that. Also, Balthier is kind of an Han Solo and Fran is kind of a freaking sexy chewbaca. :rolleyes2

Goldenboko
11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Fran is kind of a freaking sexy chewbaca. :rolleyes2

Uh... no I don't see that relation.

Rye
11-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah, the whole Star Wars parallel amuses me. :)

Orophin
11-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Fran is kind of a freaking sexy chewbaca. :rolleyes2

Uh... no I don't see that relation.

I didn't put :rolleyes2 for nothing.

Yar
11-06-2006, 10:15 PM
You may also note Biggs and Wedge in other Final Fantasies.

Orophin
11-07-2006, 01:23 AM

Yeah but the other FF were not created by the FFXII team. By the way, I see a lot of petition so that Square put back the normal combat system in the others FF. What they don't understand is that almost each FF is created by a different producer and that they do what they want with the next game. It's not because Matsuno wanted this battle system in FFXII that Nomura will put it in FFXIII too.

Zeromus_X
11-07-2006, 01:29 AM

Hah! :p That's true...:cat:

There's also another thread about the Dreadnought that has even more Star Wars parralels. :) :cat:

Elfen
11-07-2006, 03:08 AM

Erm... Why is LOTR included? Because of the massive war?
Magic powers?

Rye
11-07-2006, 03:16 AM
The atmosphere is very LoTR-esque, in the Dungeons and stuff. There's probably more parallels, but my brain is too tired to process them right now.

Ichimonji
11-07-2006, 03:20 AM
There's also the uses of speech, locations (Eruyt Village in particular), and some weaponry.

Moon Rabbits
11-07-2006, 04:37 AM

Biggs/Wedge are in this one too, kind of. Outside of Nalbina City there are two guards whose names are Deweg and Gibbs who banter back and forth like BiggsxWedge. Now rearrange those letters, kids, and maybe remove a 'b' and add a 'g'.