PDA

View Full Version : Lost sold to Sky One

Spiffing Cheese
11-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Sky One have bought the rights to Lost seasons three and four from Channel 4, which means it's now going to start this month in the UK.

Kinda sucks for people who only have terrestrial TV. :( Except I don't, so I am very very happy. I usually download it 'cause I'm too impatient to wait for months for it to get back on TV, but a few weeks I don't mind. :D

McLovin'
11-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Somewhat old news brotha.

Dreddz
11-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Old news, but nonetheless good news.......well, for people with cable TV.

charliepanayi
11-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Very good news for me, means I don't have to wait bloody months for it now and don't have to avoid all the damn spoilers from people who are already watching Series 3 during that time.

But yes, for people with terrestrial, it's a real kick in the teeth.

Spiffing Cheese
11-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Why do I always find out about stuff after everyone else? xD

Psychotic
11-06-2006, 10:16 PM
If they'd stayed with Channel 4, I wouldn't view the episodes online.

Spiffing Cheese
11-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Why?

Psychotic
11-06-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't have Sky, so I wouldn't be able to see them.

Spiffing Cheese
11-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Oh. I thought you had some kind of noble reason. I'm stupid.

Dreddz
11-06-2006, 11:22 PM
There is one question I have, does this mean Channel 4 will never get Lost again ? Sky One had Nip/Tuck, and Channel 4 still showed it, several months later of course. This has to be the case with Lost, right ?

Captain Maxx Power
11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah, the reason for that is because not that many people watch Lost compared to America (despite huge amounts of publicity/praise it has a rather poor viewings percentage), and the program itself costs a bomb to buy the rights for, which Channel Four couldn't afford to keep up.

Not that it matters, any real Lost fan just torrents the episodes anyways.

Dreddz
11-07-2006, 05:16 PM

Thats probably why its ratings are low outside the US.

charliepanayi
11-07-2006, 06:56 PM

Some of us don't have the capability to do that - sorry if that doesn't make me a 'real Lost fan'

Captain Maxx Power
11-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Some of us don't have the capability to do that - sorry if that doesn't make me a 'real Lost fan'

Most of the people I know who like Lost all clamour around this one guy's house everytime he downloads a new episode without fail. Go figure. It's the kind of madness this show creates.

Madame Adequate
11-07-2006, 08:23 PM

Thats probably why its ratings are low outside the US.

QFT. I expect ratings would be quite a bit higher if we weren't still watching season 2 when season 3 was starting in the US.

Spatvark
11-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Another series I won't watch ever again then, just like 24. I don't really get it, since I do have cable, but I can't stand watching series on it that I watched on terrestrial before. I think it's the ridiculous amount of adverts that just pushes me into a fit of rage and I just say fuck it. I haven't watched 24 since two episodes into series 3, and I won't be watching Lot anymore either.

Dumb maybe, but that's how I work I guess.

Psychotic
11-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Lost on Channel 4 was the very definition of "ridiculous amount of adverts" though, to be fair.

Spiffing Cheese
11-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Another series I won't watch ever again then, just like 24. I don't really get it, since I do have cable, but I can't stand watching series on it that I watched on terrestrial before. I think it's the ridiculous amount of adverts that just pushes me into a fit of rage and I just say smurf it. I haven't watched 24 since two episodes into series 3, and I won't be watching Lot anymore either.

Dumb maybe, but that's how I work I guess.

24 on Sky One was the most retarded thing ever, but I'm pretty sure Sky One has the same amount of adverts as C4 anyway. :confused: