PDA

View Full Version : The Seven DEADLY Sins

Acid Raine
11-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Which one of the seven deadly sins most represents you? Being a place full of video game nerds, I assume Sloth is the predominant one, but let's see if you schmoes can tell the truth.

Now the rundown:

Gluttony; overindulgence. Wanting and giving yourself more than what is necessary.

Envy; jealousy. A feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, success, possessions, etc.

Sloth; laziness. Habitual disinclination to exertion.

Greed; avarice. Excessive or rapacious desire.

Wrath; anger. Strong or fierce anger. Indignation.

Lust; physical desire. Uncontrolled or illicit sexual appetite without love.

Pride; vanity. a high or inordinate opinion of one's own importance or superiority.

rubah
11-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Pride:(

Acid Raine
11-07-2006, 02:04 AM

It's not pride if it's true :D[/brown nosing]

oddler
11-07-2006, 02:05 AM

Zeromus_X
11-07-2006, 02:09 AM
Envy.

SammieBabe
11-07-2006, 02:12 AM
Lust...Although I can be a bit jealous at times...

Madame Adequate
11-07-2006, 02:12 AM
I am not even joking when I say "You think I can choose just one?!"

Greed, Wrath, Lust, and Pride would be my main ones though.

Yamaneko
11-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Sloth, duh.

Rye
11-07-2006, 02:14 AM
Wrath and Pride.

Shiny
11-07-2006, 02:15 AM
Sloth most def. I tend to procrastinate alot and I like to lounge even more.

Spammerman
11-07-2006, 02:22 AM
Wrat and sloth. I tend to be super lazy and get angry easily.

fire_of_avalon
11-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Wrath and Pride.

Xaven
11-07-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm too good for this.

[/pride]

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
11-07-2006, 02:43 AM
Sloth and Wrath. :bigsmile:

Vincent, Thunder God
11-07-2006, 03:22 AM
I'm a bit full of pride, but it's not really so bad that it's a sin. I voted it anyway.

The others aren't a problem.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-07-2006, 03:42 AM
Sloth FTW.

Ryth
11-07-2006, 03:49 AM
Sloth. I am so damn lazy.

Martyr
11-07-2006, 03:53 AM
Sloth. I think I even have two toes from so much procrastination and laziness.

But why bother to grow any more thatn that anyway?

leon123
11-07-2006, 03:53 AM
lust.... i do like the chicks

Yuffie514
11-07-2006, 04:38 AM
1) sloth...i can become very lazy and i put off many things for later
2) anger...i get angry easily, but at least i can keep it in writings
3) greed...many times i find myself where i only focus on pleasing me

Denmark
11-07-2006, 04:44 AM
isn't it funny how if you choose "None. I'm perfect" you're actually suffering from the deadly sin of Pride anyway and therefore you are lying and will go to Hell anyway? :D

also, Sloth.

Mirage
11-07-2006, 04:54 AM
Sloth, indeed. Maybe with greed as a runner-up.

NINJA_Ryu
11-07-2006, 05:18 AM
wrath

anger is a bad bad BAD RAR THING!!! RAARR!!!

nik0tine
11-07-2006, 05:28 AM
Definetly sloth. I don't really have any of those other traits except for wrath and I don't even have very much of that. However, I've never met or heard of someone as lazy as me (too lazy to eat?) I think I more than make up for it with sloth.

Shlup
11-07-2006, 06:35 AM
I had to wear my hair down today.

DarkLadyNyara
11-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Sloth, Lust, and Pride. But mostly sloth and lust.

Mittopotahis
11-07-2006, 06:43 AM
I try not to, but occasioanally I can get a little envious of others.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Self-analysis time!

Gluttony; overindulgence. Wanting and giving yourself more than what is necessary.

If anything, I suffer far too much in the other direction. I'm constantly giving of myself, at the expense of my own money, emotional stability, general sanity, time and energy. And I don't mind at all.

Envy; jealousy. A feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, success, possessions, etc.

I had a bit of this awhile back, but it's pretty much gone now. I'm generally content with what I have, and while I might want more or think someone lucky that they have it, I don't feel like I really need it, so I'd say low on this one.

Sloth; laziness. Habitual disinclination to exertion.

That's me all over. I'm very lazy. And yet, in some ways, I'm very driven. It all comes down to what I care about, I suppose.

Greed; avarice. Excessive or rapacious desire.

Pretty low on this end. See envy.

Wrath; anger. Strong or fierce anger. Indignation.

I don't get angry. I get irate, I don't get angry.

Lust; physical desire. Uncontrolled or illicit sexual appetite without love.

Definitely not. I'm still human so it's there, but I'm far more concerned with the emotional fullfillment of a relationship.

Pride; vanity. a high or inordinate opinion of one's own importance or superiority.

Extreme tendencies of self-depreciation and general conviction of one's own worthlessness. I'd say that's a no.

Wheeee!

boys from the dwarf
11-07-2006, 07:49 AM
probably more pride than anything else.

but proud ina good way and not a perticularly vain way either.

im proud as in i care for myself and have high self respect and that sort of thing.

Anaisa
11-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Gluttony; overindulgence. Wanting and giving yourself more than what is necessary.That would depend what you considered more than necessary though wouldn't it. Because to me at least two meals a day is necessary. But obviously I wouldn't starve to death if I only ate one. In my opinion as long as you're not eating so much that you get fat, you're not a glutton. So I'm not a glutton.

Envy; jealousy. A feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, success, possessions, etc.I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting the same thing as someone else. It's only a bad thing if you'd want to take it away from them without good reason. I don't ever really get jealous of anyone properly.

Sloth; laziness. Habitual disinclination to exertion.I like exercising. I'm no sloth.

Greed; avarice. Excessive or rapacious desire.I wouldn't say I was overly greedy. A lot is required to keep me happy. But I'm never greedy to what I would consider to be an excess.

Wrath; anger. Strong or fierce anger. Indignation.Although I'm very angry, I rarely express it, an I've never done anything regretable because of it.

Lust; physical desire. Uncontrolled or illicit sexual appetite without love.I've never had a problem with that. I'm no smut queen.

Pride; vanity. a high or inordinate opinion of one's own importance or superiority.I do think I'm superior to most, but that's because I am. To not recognize it I'd have to be unself-aware. An that's the worst thing you can be.

yumi
11-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Sloth. I'm practically narcoleptic

Craig
11-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Sloth, with lust as a runner up.

sephirothishere
11-07-2006, 01:09 PM
FEEL MY WRATH....
this reminds me...avariceness and magus of zeal should really be fightin???!?!?!!!?!!!?!?!?!..and did anybody ever see that film se7en???it was cool...some chicks head ended up in a box...hahhaah...the sequel will probly have zombies in it...hahahah....

Giga Guess
11-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Sloth, but a tendancy to Lust and Gluttony as well.

The Devil Man
11-07-2006, 01:23 PM
FEEL MY WRATH....
this reminds me...avariceness and magus of zeal should really be fightin???!?!?!!!?!!!?!?!?!..and did anybody ever see that film se7en???it was cool...some chicks head ended up in a box...hahhaah...the sequel will probly have zombies in it...hahahah....

Yeah it was Gwyneth Paltrow's and she deserved it because she is now married to the most BORING, DULLEST, MORBID man in music, Chris Martin. Devil Man hates Coldplay. With a passion :mad2:

Oh, and Devil Man chose 'None, I am Perfect in Every Way' option :)

Because Devil Man is!

Devil Man really IS PERFECT in every single possible imaginable way. He is DAMN SEXY AND GORGEOUS, he LOVES WOMEN and WOMEN LOVE HIM and he is a great cook who makes delicious food!

So, yeah :) Devil Man is truly wonderous and amazing :spin:

Giga Guess
11-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Let's hear it for Pride and Lust!

Twilight Edge
11-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Where's the all of the above choice? :mad:

Gluttony - For more BODY WEIGHT DAMMIT! WEIGHT!

Envy - Over people who are more free and unbound to rules.

Sloth - I'm the Master Procrastinator.

Greed - For more money.

Wrath - Over people who DELIBERATELY mess up my drawings.

Lust - For SEX. SEX. SEX. SEX. SEX.

Pride - I use you to fulfill my wish. I dominate you.

See? I AM THE SEVEN SINS COMBINED INTO A CRYSTAL OF ESSENSE COVERED WITH BLOOD AND FLESH. I AM YOUR SIN!! FEAR ME!!

Bunny
11-07-2006, 02:49 PM
I identify with Sloth the most. Although it is less for being lazy and more for not giving a damn.

Rosenti
11-07-2006, 03:30 PM
None of them.. seriosly, ive thought this very carefully through and i am not single one of them. Im defintly not perfect, but i aint any of those things.

YTDN
11-07-2006, 03:46 PM
I probabably come under envy. I am incredibly jealous of the rest of my family for being smarter than me :( .

And Devil Man, you come under Pride, since someone pointed out earlier in this thread that if you say you are perfect you are in fact suffering from Pride.

Quindiana Jones
11-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Lust :jokey:

Out of the seven deadly sins, I'm guilty of 8.

Madame Adequate
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Let's hear it for Pride and Lust!

Can a brother get a hell yeah?

GeneralSapphire
11-07-2006, 08:33 PM
I envy too easily!!!!!!!
i hate it but hey its there

BarelySeeAtAll
11-07-2006, 08:52 PM
someone thought i was the whole greed thing, i disagree damnit, so,hmmm, wrath, lust MAYBE!!!!pride, ohh the list is endless

Sylvie
11-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Wrath and Pride.

ohh the list is endless
Actually, theres only 7 things you can possibly list.

oddler
11-07-2006, 09:52 PM
None of them.. seriosly, ive thought this very carefully through and i am not single one of them. Im defintly not perfect, but i aint any of those things.

I can't tell if you're joking about pride or not.

I'm joking. :)

Acid Raine
11-07-2006, 09:59 PM
I assume Sloth is the predominant one

OH! Snaps for being psychic!

Jowy
11-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Oh dear god I'm too full of pride for my own good.

kikimm
11-07-2006, 11:17 PM
I'd say sloth. And maybe Wrath. Although it's less anger and more like really annoyed or irritated.

Frozen Phantom
11-07-2006, 11:39 PM
I go with Wrath, I have Serious anger problems

Evastio
11-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Wrath (I prefer calling it contempt or anger). I'm the exact opposite of lazy so I've got enough energy to hold grudges and get revenge.

StarlightAngel
11-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Sloth, sorry :(

Also greed in the sense that I want more time to be lazy o_o;

NorthernChaosGod
11-08-2006, 07:48 AM
Wrath. :mad2:

mooglebunni608
11-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Sloth and Gluttony ^_^
I'm hungry *wanders off*

Raven Nox
11-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I'd say Sloth is my worst. I procrastinate all the time, normally not ever finishing what I was putting off anyway.

Gluttony and greed fit me pretty well. I don't deserve alot of things, but I want them and try to get them anyway if I can.

I'll add wrath because I get mad pretty easily, though it's normally an annoyance blown out of proportion.

Reles
11-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I admit to not being entirely perfect, but I don't feel that I can strongly say I'm any of those traits. I mean yes, I am sometimes lazy, but I do work and enjoy doing my school work, and I like spending money, but I don't need to, and I can get angry sometimes but I'm still a very calm nice person. However, I don't really find these as my faults.

Project G
11-08-2006, 04:51 PM
All except pride

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-08-2006, 04:52 PM
most of them... not pride or wrath though... mostly Lust I suppose.

Polaris
11-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Gluttony probably but not in extreme just a bit... I was gonna say perfect but no ones perfect :p

ok maybe Devil Man :p

Twisted Tinkerbell
11-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Lust and Wrath are pretty much a tie, I am angry and aggresive to dangerous extremes, and I like the men (and the ladies) waaay too much. Envy is second as I can be very envyous of others, and very often it's just stupid that I'm being that way.

The Unknown Guru
11-09-2006, 04:37 AM
I voted for none, so I would have to say pride. :p

LunarWeaver
11-09-2006, 04:43 AM
I lust for people and I'm horribly greedy with money, but I'm too lazy to do anything about either, so I guess sloth is on top of the stack.

Freya
11-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Gluttony:
I spend monies on things I DON'T need, spoiling myself all the time..

Envy:
Mostly when I like someone. I burn with envy when they talk to someone else.

Sloth:
Super lazy here.

Greed:
Mine, not yours, goes with my gluttony comment

Wrath:
When things don't go my way yeah.

Lust:
hahaha :shifty: :D

Pride:
This is my greatest fault. I believe i'm much better than everyone else and i have to defend my pride all the time.

Quindiana Jones
11-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Gluttony is eating too much needlessly.

Peegee
11-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Sloth above all else

Acid Raine
11-09-2006, 06:12 PM

Thats how its usually meant, but it can still be used to mean giving yourself too much of anything

Iceglow
11-11-2006, 12:57 AM
I suck, my main problems lie in Wrath, Pride and Lust. I'm a natural born flirt and whilst I am with Tinker's and love her to bits and would never cheat on her I do still end up (especially when in social situations where I know no-one) doing what comes naturally to me which is often to flirt through the situation, I don't care if the "victim" is male or female but I do make it clear that I am not interested. I'll often be there telling them after a while "well I'm a natural flirt, but I'm in a serious relationship so ya know, don't get your hopes up I'm not interested it's just how I get through society." As for my love life with Jess, it's possibly considered lustful between us, though this is easily one of my favourite sins :D

I'm proud, proud of a lot of things, I take pride in my looks, I take pride in what I am, how I got here and what I do. I rarely say I regret things but when I do they are often the biggest screw ups in my life.

Wrath, my god how sometimes my wrath will scare me even. I'm the kind of guy who is fantastic to know untill you screw me over, if you do that then well the best bet is to avoid me forever. Forget me and never try calling or meeting me again. I've broken bones, taken revenge on people publicly in ways that I cannot even begin to explain on here (some of the members know of the incident I am referring to here.) my wrath makes me a real (*insert expletive here*) and I hate it at times but it proves useful for me to have it around, a rep like mine keeps trouble away from me.

Quindiana Jones
11-11-2006, 03:29 PM

Thats how its usually meant, but it can still be used to mean giving yourself too much of anything

I always knew Greed as that. The Greed of always having to have something, whereas Gluttony to me is Greed with food. Learn summat new everyday.

Christmas
11-11-2006, 03:33 PM
ENVY, cause he is my favourite Full Metal Alchemist Homunculus.:bigsmile:

http://mangadreamland.altervista.org/immagini/FMA/envy.jpg

Essência
11-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Pride

Acid Raine
11-11-2006, 05:03 PM

I always knew Greed as that. The Greed of always having to have something, whereas Gluttony to me is Greed with food. Learn summat new everyday.

Here's how I learned it:

Greed is simply WANTING more of everything, which isnt quite Envy, because Envy is wanting something that is someone elses. Gluttony is actually giving it to yourself constantly. With Greed, you dont necessarily get what you want, but with Gluttony you usually find a way to get it for yourself.