PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a good Final Fantasy game in a long time

Spawn of Sephiroth
11-07-2006, 03:36 AM
Ok, I am so happy that this game is as good as it is. I got worried because after Final Fantasy IX, I felt like the series was starting to go downhill. Final Fantasy X and X-2 was a joke, and XI sucked because it was just online play, and we weren't that blessed with Dirge of Cerberus, or Crystal Chronicles, which sucked horribly by the way, but at one point in time I started to get worried that the series was gonna fall into a dark warphole that it could never get itself out of, and I was concerned because when I played the demo for this game on Dragon Quest VIII, I thought this was gonna be another bad one, but turns out that this game may get things up to speed again, and with Final Fantasy XIII out in the media now, all of us FF Fanatics can be happy again!!!!:D

atlanteay
11-07-2006, 03:43 AM
was the demo really that bad ???:confused: but you're right, this is a better game compared to X and X-2

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-07-2006, 03:48 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like FFXIII will be a return to the usual Nomura schlock. But we'll always have FFXII.

Elfen
11-07-2006, 04:00 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like FFXIII will be a return to the usual Nomura schlock. But we'll always have FFXII.

Agreed. I think almost all the character he designs have a similiarity. It gets abit boring after long looking at his works.
But that is just me.

Miriel
11-07-2006, 04:00 AM
FFXI was and continues to be freakin' awesome. :mad2:

In fact FFXII has a remarkable number of similarities with FFXI which is all great in my opinion. Well. Except those stupid elementals.

Anyway, I am very much enjoying FFXII. Much more than I ever enjoyed FFX.

FFXIII does not look interesting at all.

LunarWeaver
11-07-2006, 04:10 AM
I always feel like a naughty person for liking Nomura.

XII is pretty awesome though. But I sort of love them all D: So far I like X more than I have XII because I'm a rebel like that sometimes, but I haven't beaten XII yet so things could change.

Moon Rabbits
11-07-2006, 04:22 AM

I hope it doesn't go back to that. Well, kind of:

I always feel like a naughty person for liking Nomura.

Nomura /is/ good at some things. Certain characters of his I really like, and Kingdom Hearts/FFX were fun, but I must say that XII is a welcome break to his stuff. Nomura is too much of the exact same thing over and over, maybe if he learned the word variety he'd be a bit less tedious.

im_mrbrightside20
11-07-2006, 11:41 AM
FFXI was and continues to be freakin' awesome.

In fact FFXII has a remarkable number of similarities with FFXI which is all great in my opinion. Well. Except those stupid elementals.

i agree the battle system is a faster version of FFXI not only that but being able to customize your characters that much and the different races it really does remind me A LOT of ffxi

when ashe has a shield and sowrd she reminds me of the girl that they always have for the advertisments of FFXI

Orophin
11-07-2006, 03:52 PM
You do know that FFXIII is made by the creator of FFX and X-2 right? :eep:

Rye
11-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Like Miriel said, FFXIII doesn't look interesting at all. ;__;

I liked FFX, but yes, FFXII is much better in many ways. I think it's now in serious competition with FFIX for my favorite Final Fantasy, and I loooooooooove FFIX.

Roto13
11-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like FFXIII will be a return to the usual Nomura schlock.

It's WAY too early to say that.

Ashley Schovitz
11-07-2006, 04:16 PM
All Final Fantasy games are great!

James16
11-07-2006, 04:26 PM
I think FF-XII is the best ff out yet. Dont get me wrong i loved FFVIII an FF-4 (whatever the numerals are) but honest to god they dont even come close to FFXII. An i love the fact that they used the music from FF-4 on this one. I loved that games music!:D An another plus about it is so far there hasnt been any love crap in the story line. They only love iven seen is everyone's love for Dalmasca. Which is coo with me.

BustaMo
11-07-2006, 05:44 PM
and with Final Fantasy XIII out in the media now, all of us FF Fanatics can be happy again!!!!:D

I've been happy with every FF game so far...have you played the one's PRE-FFVII?

fantasyjunkie
11-07-2006, 09:21 PM
After FFX I thought FF Square had lost it's touch. but this game is just way awesome.

LunarWeaver
11-07-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm glad XII is floating a lot of people's boats, but I don't really understand this "Square had lost the magic touch" thing :( Out of 12 games there's probably going to be ones that you don't like. Some people like them all, but that's rare. Just because you didn't like one doesn't say anything about the series or Square or their magical touchy, and it doesn't really make a statement of the quality of the next title at all.

VI and VII are quite different, as are VIII and IX, X and XI are nothing alike and XII is another rather new thing. There really is no Square-Enix or Final Fantasy magic touch, the teams working on the games are too inconsistent for one title to speak for the future of the series.

Orophin
11-07-2006, 11:24 PM
There really is no Square-Enix or Final Fantasy magic touch, the teams working on the games are too inconsistent for one title to speak for the future of the series.

Exactly, what a lot of people think is that Square-Enix is a team that create all the FF games but no. Almost each FF is made by a different team so that's why all the FFs are so different.

Spawn of Sephiroth
11-08-2006, 02:39 AM
and with Final Fantasy XIII out in the media now, all of us FF Fanatics can be happy again!!!!:D

I've been happy with every FF game so far...have you played the one's PRE-FFVII?

Yes I have played, and beaten every FF game except XI, because I am too poor to buy a 360, and XII, because I just bought it 4 days ago. Beaten almost all FF games. I though FF7 was the best, but I think this game just may be the one FF game that may be able to top FF7. Oh god, FF7 freaks, please don't kill me!!!

Cruise Control
11-08-2006, 03:07 AM
To bad 7 was mediocre at best. It was only good if it confused you, that way you were too busy thinking to realize how much it sucked.

skillzboy4
11-08-2006, 04:01 AM
Why is everybody hating on FFX, ffx to me had the best storyline out of all the FF, but FFXII still beats it with the gameplay n eveything/.

VengefulRonin
11-08-2006, 06:34 AM
Yeah really, why so many X haters? o_O I liked that game...i seriously disagree with skillzboy4 about the storyline, i thought it was crap, but X was fun to play. IX is personally my favorite ever, not the most innovative plot but it was a charming game and brought back the whole fantasy feel the series lost with VII. But X-2 was complete and utter crappage, its a disgrace to the series. As for XII...i'm actually disappointed with it. I dont like the licence board thingy too much, i hate buying magic/techniques, the music disappoints.....i effing LOVE the storyline...but thats not gonna save the game if i get so pissed off i throw down the controller every 10 minutes...XIII looks waaaay too futuristic, almost like something from Xenogears or whatever. And they should go back to the old way of leveling and crap, wtf was wrong with it? I dont like this enormous blending of RPG and Action systems...

Dell
11-08-2006, 02:13 PM
True. X/X-2 sucked so much!
FFXII rules! I'm going to say that this is better than Suikoden II.

Squall1989
11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
FInal Fantasy has always had ups and downs, but the best was 7,8,10,10-2.

But I agree XII blows them all out of the water.

James16
11-08-2006, 03:04 PM
I agree with that one dude( forgot the name) ff-7 was jus a crappy game. I didnt understand what was goin on half the time, didnt know where to go or what to do half the time, an oh how shall i say....it was cheesy??? FF-8 wasnt that bad,i enyoed the war seens, an i like FF-X,
to me it was additive, a average long game, an it was fun. But its like i said before FF-XII sends all the other ff games crawling back to there mommies with their heads down an their tails between their legs.

Orophin
11-08-2006, 04:32 PM

The best were 7,8,10 and 10-2? I don't think so... 3,5,6 and 9 all beat 8 and 10-2 in my opinion. But well, can't say you're wrong to like a game, it depend of the person.

Jowy
11-08-2006, 04:38 PM
It's a very bolsterous claim to say something's better than Suikoden II.

It's the first non-remake FF game that I've enjoyed since FFT, and that's a damn high bar to beat.

VengefulRonin
11-09-2006, 02:44 AM
Originally Bespoken by Squall1989:

Dude, WTFH, 10-2 was total crap. I dont know why people say 7 is so effing brilliant either, James16 is right, the game is way confusing and cheesy...and crappy. The old ones definitely beat out VII and VIII too. And why're people always leaving out IX? I love that one.

And i've never played Suikoden II, or the first one...but i hope it doesnt have a licence board >_<

Zeromus_X
11-09-2006, 02:47 AM
Opinions are delicious.

And yes, it only took them five more years, but they did it. >_> I'm glad. It has Zeromus! =3 :love:

VengefulRonin
11-09-2006, 05:01 AM
And zeromus looks mothereffing AWESOME...*twitch* i just wish it had Ifrit T_T

But ya know...this game is really good, the storyline is already my favorite and i'm only 12 hours into the game. This game is hard...so i gotta level more, which is a pain, and the battle system makes it worse...but all in all its not too bad.

Dell
11-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Opinions are delicious.

And yes, it only took them five more years, but they did it. >_> I'm glad. It has Zeromus! =3 :love:

Zero! You're gonna be proud using Zeromus as your username. :love: He's way too hard to beat :mad2: , unlike Zalera and Adrammelech. :eep:
Not to mention, You can't use magicks when you're fighting Zeromus, Dark Lord will always attack you, Gravity is an awesome element and he is located in the Stilshrine of Miriam! :love:

James16
11-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Im jus really happy with the espers in general. I think they all look crazy, Ive only gotten Belias so far an his overdrive is jus jaw dropping an that makes me think jus how kick-ass all the other espers must be, an i like the fact that you have to beat them in order to get them. The game auctually makes you work for them, not jus go threw a puzzle room thingy an i have to sit there an listen to sum weird opera music while a chick prays. ff-x made it to easy, the only aeons that were hard to get were the magus sisters an when you got them they were stupid! Talk about dashing your hopes an dreams.....

VengefulRonin
11-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Originally bespoken by James16:

Im jus really happy with the espers in general. I think they all look crazy, Ive only gotten Belias so far an his overdrive is jus jaw dropping an that makes me think jus how kick-ass all the other espers must be, an i like the fact that you have to beat them in order to get them.
Go to youtube, there's videos on there of alot of the espers, both using them and seeing their overdrives, and also fighting some of them. Also, you must not have played VIII, cuz you battled the summons in there before you could use them.

Oh and uh, I never managed to get the magus sisters, but if i recall correctly, they were the strongest Aeon in the game...

Galbadian Soldier
11-10-2006, 05:29 AM
After FFX I thought FF Square had lost it's touch. but this game is just way awesome.

Croyles
11-10-2006, 07:08 PM
hmpff, FFX is my second favourite FF after FFVII. FFXII is a close third.

What has everyone got against FFX?? The battling was awesome. Definitely more strategic than FFXII. And FFXIII looks like its gonna be really good, but we cant really say anything about that game until more info comes out (especially if your saying it looks like another Nomura schlock, we've only seen ONE character!! lol)

VengefulRonin
11-10-2006, 09:18 PM
X had more strategic battles than XII? Uh...i wouldnt go so far as to say that...most battles were pretty straightforward, unless it was the occasional battle like Yunalesca, now that battle was a royal pain and it took a while just to figure out how to survive, let alone beat her. I thought the plot was a little lame too, but it was still a great game. And XIII...it looks reeeeeeeeally pretty, but prettiness isnt everything. There's gonna be multiple versions too...I'm kind of worried that SquareEnix is getting more and more greedy now, what with all of the spinoffs of VII, the horrid sequal to X, that one spinoff of XII, and now XIII...

Croyles
11-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Ive completed FFXII and while I like the battle system, it isnt exactly strategic, most of it is just speed if your playing on Active, and if your playing on Wait its pretty just a matter of having enough money/equipment/level/licenses. If a boss is too tough for you, sometimes, i repeat SOMETIMES, there is a strategic plan that will make you win, but most of the time you just have to end up levelling and getting more money so you can buy extra spells and licence them etc. In FFX you usually had quite a range of things to do in a battle when your stuck. I think im pretty good and Final Fantasy's, so its not a matter of me being crap :D
In my opinion anyway. Also, if you were like me and fought all the Dark Aeons and did everything in FFX, then surely you agree that those were hard as nails. Though obviously, those required a lot of levelling (or sphere boarding).

Omni-Odin
11-11-2006, 02:38 AM
To bad 7 was mediocre at best. It was only good if it confused you, that way you were too busy thinking to realize how much it sucked.

Dude, chill. I understood the story to its fullest and still think it's the best one. And I guarantee I'm not the only one on this cite who's figured out that you get your kicks off trying to piss off every FFVII fan. I personally think that you're just an ass.

TidusMaster
11-11-2006, 02:56 AM
ya,me too. I ooved FF7, and yes, im confused by the story,but that makes it sooo good! FF13 is gonna ruin the FF seires...

Ichimonji
11-11-2006, 03:21 AM
I've said this before, but this is my opinion. Final Fantasies are meant to be unique, and each of them suits different tastes to provide to each individual gamer. Which is why none are really the same these days, and the difficultly levels are varied. So as much as you enjoy searching for crystals, or chasing Sephiroth, or fighting Sin... Don’t expect to find the next Final Fantasy anything like the previous. This I respect. Of course there will be Final Fantasies that some gamers don't like... But guess what? They've already had a Final Fantasy that suited them perfectly, so lets give another gamer a chance to find theirs. And it's not cool when those people are so greedy that they can't see that this is what Square is hopefully trying to achieve... So since they can't have a Final Fantasy like the one they enjoy, they all of a sudden think that Square has met their "downfall".

Serpentarius
11-11-2006, 06:44 AM
Spawn Of Sephiroth, Dude, What you have said can not be more correct.