PDA

View Full Version : Resistance Fall of man vs Gears of War

Spammerman
11-07-2006, 04:09 AM
(Working on quality posts skills)
Sony and Microsoft have some titles coming up, so I wanted to know what you think of the up coming titles.

Resistance Fall of Man:
September 1921. Russia Closes its borders. December 1938 Cities found abandoned. No evidence of survivors/ July 11 1951, operation Morning Star begins. What force couldv'e done this? You take part in Morning Star to wipe out the threat that has done this. Can you handle the challenge? Can you save your country, possibly even the world?

Gears of War
You play the ass kicking chainsaw wielding marine type soldier. Youre up against the bad-ass alien type space marine, accompanied by, you guessed it, giant spiders with a blood lust, with razor sharp teeth, each scarier and meaner than the last, and legs that can take you out effortlessly. Can you save the post apocalyptic world? Can you wipe out theses invaders?

Enemies: Each game needs to have some kick ass enemies, the ones you can't help but love to hate and slaughter. Well, In my opinion these two games have just that.

Resistance fall of Man
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/bloodhunter11/rfom.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/bloodhunter11/resist.jpg
The cause of the war.. Advanced, rip-jawwed, quick, and the ability to stick to walls, and eyes that make you freeze when you look into them. These ar ejust two examples. Theres also the behemoth ofa monster thats over 3 men tall, and mean to boot.

Gears of War
Yea, remember those bad-ass space marine aliens I mentioned earlier. Well, heres a close up
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/bloodhunter11/gow.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/bloodhunter11/gow2.jpg
These mosntrous figures are your enemies in the 360's new shooter Gears Of War. Some of you may have seen the trailer including the spider. Well, hes in there too. These guy are mean, nasty, and smart. A deadly combination. They also know that you hate them as much as they hate you, so when you get shot in the head, don't take it personally. They can charge through a headshot, ignoring the flesh ripping of of them, and the bullets searing through their flesh. In other words, watch out..

Weapons:

Resistance: Fall of man
Whats the point of blasting some ones head off or impaling athem with something with a keen point through the chest, head, or crotch, if you cant do it in style or with some innovative new weapon you ask? I myself have pondered on this question today. I think that there is no fun if theres no style. Resistance has covered that. With weapons such as the hedgehog grenade, which I think should be named the Blowfish, or the Far-Eye, even the Bulls-Eye, and many more weapons, this game has brought old weapons, revamped them, and even invented some new ones. You have
* Auger: A Chimeran developed weapon that fires a bolt of energy. This energy bolt can burrow through solid objects, to impact those behind cover, thus negating cover. The bolts slow down as they move through objects, and a spark of light can be seen, warning potential victims that their cover has been breached. The alternate fire of the Auger is an energy shield that is impenetrable except to other Auger shots.
* BullsEye: A relatively standard assault weapon developed by Chimera. The twist of the weapon is its alternate fire: the tag. By firing a tag, bullets now home in on the tag. This allows smart players to hit the enemy, then hide in cover, bending their bullets around cover to still hit enemies. Firing the Bullseye into a wall or object, however, creates a potential 'Bullseye-Bomb'. Bullets will home into the target, and swarm about to form a sphere of bullets. You can then fire it at an enemy, and the swarm of bullets will track down the locked-on enemy. If bullets remain in the swarm when the enemy dies, the swarm will hover in the air, until the Bullseye is fired again.
* L23 Far Eye: Another human weapon, the Far Eye is a sniper rifle. While aiming through the scope, the game simulates heightened reflexes by slowing down time while the player can aim normally. The Far Eye will be available for multiplayer, but the ability to slow down time will not be included.
* XR-003 Sapper: The Sapper is a unique weapon which is said to be reverse-engineered from Chimeran technology, and produced by humans. It fires unstable sticky 'goo-balls', which explode when someone moves nearby. The balls can stick together, even creating chains that dangle from the roof. The alternate fire is used for manual detonation.
* Hailstorm: The Hailstorm is Resistance's take on the minigun. Its rapid storm of fire can ricochet from walls, increasing its lethality in confined combat. Its alternate fire converts the remaining contents of the clip into a turret that auto-targets and fires at enemies.
* LAARK: The LAARK rocket launcher is unique in that its primary fire releases a singular powerful rocket, but its secondary fire is able to spread its contents into a number of miniature rockets. The weapon can also be slowed down, and even stopped mid flight. And whilst paused, its trajectory can be modified, to fire around corners, or over barricades. This weapon has been confirmed for online play.
* M5A2 Carbine: The M5A2 Carbine is the standard issue human machine gun with a 40 mm grenade launcher attachment.
* Rossmore 236: The Rossmore 236 is the basic shotgun. It can be fired single barrel or double barrel.
* Reaper: A weapon that is a new twist on an old standby: dual-wielding pistols. While most games have both pistols aimed in the same direction, the Reapers are capable of independent firing. Consider R1 the right hand and L1 the left hand. When you hold down both buttons, the reticule splits off into two individual reticules. Your hands sweep the area, and a modest auto-lock from each pistol will then latch onto whatever enemy crosses its path. This is great for taking on lots of small Chimera.
* L11-2 Dragon: The L11-2 Dragon is a standard flamethrower. Its alternate fire has been labeled as a vapor cloud. No further information exists at the moment.
* Arc Charger: The Arc Charger is a high-powered gun used by elite Chimeran soldiers. It shoots a bolt of lightning. The alternate fire allows said lightning to arc to nearby en emies.
* Grenade: An average grenade.
* Hedgehog: The Hedgehog is a Chimeran take on a grenade. When deployed the Hedgehog will launch upwards and explode, hurling spikes in every direction.

Gears of War:
In this fast action, running and gunning, then massacring 3PS, you need some help. No, I dont mean another player, I mean your deadly arsenal. Like every 3ps, you have the basics, grenades, assualt rifles, the works. This game carries muich more than that though. Thats not all though. You have the snipers, turrets, and more weapons at your disposal. Also for you fraggers at their who love nothing more than to see a mixture of body parts, blood, and debree, you have an innovative new throwing style. Instead of the old lob and see what happens, you have a grenade sling. Anyone ever dream of being David?

Graphics

Both games are visually impressive by my standards. This games make killing beatifull. The bullets whizzing past you, the screen trembling as explosions rip across the, the detail of the enviroment and the enemies, and the amount of actio non the screen at once. Simply stunning.

Gameplay:
Both games play very well. Ive seen multiplayer and singel player for Gears of War, and its awesome, and the single player for Resistance is stunning as well. The only thing that brings down the multiplayer quiality, is that the players in the video sucked.

I think im forgetting something, please add it in if you even post.

XxSephirothxX
11-07-2006, 04:54 AM
Gears of War isn't a first person shooter. It's a third person shooter, and it's a more tactical game than Resistance is going to be, I believe. Not that I'm trying to insult Resistance: Fall of Man; I think it looks really fun, and it'll probably be the best launch title for the PS3. Insomniac and Epic are both very solid developers.

I'm getting Gears of War tomorrow, and based on all the videos I've seen and what I've read, it'll be a lot of fun. You can write it off as big gun-toting space marines in yet another shooter, but I think it's going to be a very solid game and a whole lot of fun.

RiseToFall
11-07-2006, 08:03 AM
It's a tough question, and one I beleive I can't answer until I get my hands on both titles. When I do pick up my 360, GoW will most definitely be my first game for the system. I've been wanting to get my hands on a new straight up shooter, and from the videos that I've seen, this game will fulfill my hunger.

On the other hand Resistance should be an exciting game to play. Insomniac has put some of the most innovative guns into that game. If everything goes as planned, this will be by far the best PS3 game on launch day.

If I did absolutely have to make a choice right now, I'd go with GoW. I just know more things about it and seen it being played much more than Resistance.

Dreddz
11-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Neither game intrests me that much. Resistence looks like it'll be another Killzone, meaning it wont live up to the hype. And people who have played it dont rave about it so much, so I doubt it'll be any good. GOW looks like it will turn out pretty good, but its not my sort of game so Im passing.

So out of the two, GOW.

escobert
11-07-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm going for Gears of War. Game looks sweet.

JKTrix
11-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Gears of War seems the most interesting immediately, especially since it's out now.

Spammerman
11-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Heres a gameplay video for both.

Resistance
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7355665715784243948&q=Resistance+fall+of+man&hl=en
Gears of War
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8135754912512251159&q=Gears+of+war&hl=en

Slicksword45
11-09-2006, 05:21 PM
What your missing is how Resistance is going to use the motion sensor in the Ps3's controler. This is from Gameinformer.com

Resistance: Fall of Man – Resistance uses the Sixaxis differently in single player than in multiplayer. The only portion of the single player game that uses the Sixaxis is when you are attacked and grabbed by a Leaper or Menial. By shaking the controller you can free yourself from the enemy and pummel it with a melee attack.

On the multiplayer side of things, things get much more interesting. If you’re tagged by a Chimerian bullseye rifle (that attaches a homing beacon), set on fire, about to get flamed from an air-fuel grenade, or zapped with an Arc Charger, you can shake yourself free.

Finally, by tilting the controller either left or right you can get updated real-time leaderboard stats and map callout.
cool hun? Any way, I'll take Resistance. GOW looks good though

Spammerman
11-09-2006, 09:07 PM
nice