PDA

View Full Version : Predictions: Who is Vaan going to end up with?

nik0tine
11-07-2006, 09:24 AM
The title states the purpose of this thread clearly. It's Final Fantasy, so we know he has to end up with someone and I think most of us will agree that it's not Fran or some random NPC. Penelo and Ashe both seem like perfectly likely candidates for this. So, make your predictions here.

Personally, I think that by the end of the game Vaan will be with Ashe and not Penelo.

Also, do not spoil anything in this thread (I'm going to say 'please'). If anyone spoils anything I am going to request that they get banned immediately and without warning if possible. Seriously, don't do it or I'll rip your lungs out.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-07-2006, 09:30 AM
I think it will be Penelo. Though Vaan and Ashe do show some chemistry (a little bit), Ashe and Balthier had a little scene hinting that there might be more that will develop between them.

Miriel
11-07-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't think he's gonna end up with anyone. Ashe doesn't fit well with Vaan at all. Ashe is all, "grrr, I'm so hardcore! Resistence! AVENGE THE DEAD!" while Vaan is all, "hmm? What's going on over here? Pie?" And Vaan and Penelo have too much of a brother-sister relationship. If something happens between them I'll be all, "ew". And Fran, no way, not gonna happen. :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Unlike its predecessors, FFXII's story is much more about the universal conflict of warring nations than the personal experiences of the male lead. So I'd say Vaan will "end up" with Penelo simply due to the fact that he started out with her.

Elfen
11-07-2006, 10:26 AM
In my opinion, Penelo. Vaan knew Penelo for so long and we can see in the game that Vaan is jealous in certain point. And they both act just like the teenager lovers nowaday. LoL.

im_mrbrightside20
11-07-2006, 11:37 AM
square-enix is suppossed to be taking a new thing on games they are going for more political in FFXII butt all reviews and magazines have stated no romanitcal story(at least the ones i read) but i think him and penelo will stay the way they are and that will be the end of it

Rye
11-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I don't think he'll end up with anyone, but if it has to be someone, Penelo. But it'd be at the end of the game, not during it. ;_;

TidusMaster
11-07-2006, 01:39 PM
thats gonna be drater if theres no romantic story...like, im a guy, and really, the romantic story is wat drives the story

Roto13
11-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Uhm. Revenant Wings says Penelo. Also, a long long time ago in an ancient tome called "Electronic Gaming Monthly", they said that there wouldn't be a love story between the leading male and female this time.

Dell
11-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Penelo.

Goldenboko
11-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Penelo, because I like her more then Ashe. Besides I don't see an AshexVaan thing happening.

Moon Rabbits
11-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Unlike its predecessors, FFXII's story is much more about the universal conflict of warring nations than the personal experiences of the male lead. So I'd say Vaan will "end up" with Penelo simply due to the fact that he started out with her.

Yeah, I don't think Vaan's going anywhere with anyone other than Penelo (see: bitch).

Anyways, who cares!? All we need is some BalthierxVossler love. :love: :love: :love:

Orophin
11-07-2006, 05:19 PM
I think none of them. and that's the real answer. Finaly a FF with no love story, if you don't count Ashe and Rasler.

LunarWeaver
11-07-2006, 06:34 PM
This isn't a love story at all, and I don't think he'll lean towards either. I'm over 50 hours in the game and there's been little focus on the character's relationships with each other at all, let alone a love development.

Anyways, who cares!? All we need is some BalthierxVosslerVaan love. :love: :love: :love:

:jess:

Zeromus_X
11-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Nobody.

scooby
11-08-2006, 12:06 AM
In this game: nobody. In Revenant Wings: Penelo.

But then, I guess I kinda cheated...'cause I already know. :razz: *sheepish*

NB: Vaan and Penelo may already be an item. Isn't that what the Japanese manual said...? Maybe they're just really, really subtle about it....

jeo2388
11-08-2006, 05:01 PM
hmmm..ok here's what i think...
SPOILER:
*Vaan on the way to the royal palace of rabanastre*
*she meets with Penelo*
PENELO>vaan please stay out of trouble...ok?coz i dont what i'd do if i lost you...:eek:

*Vaan and Ashe Standing on the bridge in Jahara*
*Vaan Looks at Ashe's face, then at the stars*
VAAN> i have a reason to go on now, a real reason....:mad:

but then ashe likes balthier...
well???

The Unknown Guru
11-09-2006, 02:18 AM

Omni-Odin
11-16-2006, 04:22 AM
I hope Balthier ends up with Ashe. It'd be the best thing Final Fantasy has done in a while. Plus, Balthier's the best character. So Han Solo-ish.

Edge7
11-26-2006, 03:12 AM
I think if there was going to be romance you have to assume how it's going to turn up after the game. I can only see 1 couple though:

Vaan+Penelo

Final Killer
11-26-2006, 07:14 AM
Penelo definitely, but Fran's mine.:love:

Yliette
11-26-2006, 08:39 AM
I haven't gone that far in the game yet (my boyfriend borrowed my memory card!! :cry:)

But I have feeling it's gonna be Vaan and Ashe. I mean normally the leading guy ends up with the princess. That's...just my prediction. No flames please. :love:

Another note. I just hope this whole Vaan+Ashe+Penelo thing won't evolve into something epic like Cloud+Tifa+Aeris :eek:

plasman
11-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Vaan and that girl that follows Al-Cid around. Vaan loves him some mute.

Rodney
11-28-2006, 01:45 AM
I have to say nobody. He doesn't seem particularly interested in either woman, even though he has had a few one-on-ones with Ashe over their lost loved ones, among other things, so I wouldn't be surprised. I think Penelo may be interested in him, but it's so obvious he doesn't return her feelings.

I have to say, I'm impressed the series is getting back to its glory days, when love stories weren't the focal point of the game. It's one of the things that brought FF8 and, to a lesser extent, FF9 down a bit. The Squall/Rinoa and Zidane/Garnet love stories overshadowed almost everything else.

Palindrome88
11-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Nobody. And that's really what happens too. ^_^ I don't really care that much about Vaan, but oh, I seriously want Penelo to get with Larsa in Revenant Wings. I reeeeeeally do. Or at least hand holding and hugs. ....Please?

Freya Coral
01-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Anyways, who cares!? All we need is some BalthierxVossler love. :love: :love: :love:

Balthier/Vossler??? Not gonna happen - for one, Balthier is obviously straight, and for another, Vossler dies.

Renmiri
01-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Migello ?

Homo and inter-species. My, my, FF is getting wild! :p

Ouch!
01-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Agreed. I don't understand how people can stick to the whole brother/sister relationship. Do people not talk to NPCs? A bunch of the kids in Rabanastre always tease Vaan about liking Penelo. There's even a sidequest in which an NPC says that Vaan is already taken.

CelestialStarDust
01-08-2007, 02:53 AM
Unlike its predecessors, FFXII's story is much more about the universal conflict of warring nations than the personal experiences of the male lead.

i dont think hell end up with anyone.i mean,theres not really a love plot in this story other than Ashe and Rasler.and another...sort of.but not really anything to vaans account.

rubah
01-08-2007, 04:11 AM
COnsidering Vaan is Luke skywalker, the only one he could ever possibly end up with, judging from my knowledge of the post RotJ star wars universe (which isn't very much) is some character we havent' been introduced to yet, and really I dont' know much about Mara Jade.

But balthier and ashe will end up together for sure!

Setzer Gabianni
01-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Fanfiction could make things possible.

I strongly support VosslerxBasch :3

freedom
01-08-2007, 03:37 PM
if u guys have the FF12 Brady Games Signature book, look at the back cover..theres a picture of vaan holding ashe hand.(looks like happy)
dunno how in the end ashe nearly cried for balthier..hes not the main char after all..

ValiantKnight
01-08-2007, 04:54 PM

Balthier/Vossler??? Not gonna happen - for one, Balthier is obviously straight, and for another, Vossler dies.

Vossler is merely knocked out and possibly fatally wounded mere minutes before the explosion of the ship he is on.... I'm sure he could survive :) Remember FFIV? Everyone lives when blasted by cannons, strapping bombs to their chest, and the like.

By the scenes in the story, it would seem Penelo and Vaan are dating.... but that's just how I viewed it. Nothing concrete, but something is there.

Heero Yuy NWZC
01-08-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm starting to think that Vaan might have the possibility that he will end up with no one. Larsa's charm was seeming to take effect on Penelo, and as referred to before, the scene with Ashe and Basch gives sort of a hint.

kurosaki_ichigo
01-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Its gonna be vaan and that airship :p

Setzer Gabianni
01-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Ashe and Basch? Unlikely. With Ashe as Queen at the end and Basch taking over Gabranths place..it hardly seems as if they would ever spend romantic time together.

It does sound like a cute idea though XD

kurosaki, you make a good point there lol!

Oh and about Vossler..He wouldn't have survived an explosion like what happened. If he survived..he would have come about later on in the sequel. It did look as if he was mortally wounded though. Judge Ghis would also have to have survived if Vossler had any chance of surviving..

Liflime
01-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Its gonna be vaan and that airship :p

wow, i thought im the only one who has that kind of idea. i second that. :D

BustaMo
01-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I figured he wasn't getting with anyone rigth from the start. Enough hints were dropped from inside sources before the game was released that informed that no love interest was intended in this game or was going to form.

Possibly a relationship going farther in Relevent Wings with Vaan and Penelo, but even if nothing forms and they jsut remain friends, I wouldn't be surprised.

If anything, I see some kind of hint of attraction towards Balthier or even Basch at the end of the game by Ashe. Even though she starts off ticked as hell at Basch, she finds out the truth and it sets her emotions free it seems.

Tifa Valentine
01-17-2007, 12:20 AM
It's obvious that Penelo likes Vaan a lot and I'm sure he's not completely oblivious to her feelings and is rather okay with the fact. Come on, what guy wouldn't mind if 'the cute girl' he grew up with suddenly had a crush on him? It struck me at a certain scene in the game that Vaan was somewhat bothered by the sudden closeness between the young prince and his supposed "sisterly friend".

Someone once told me Larsa is somewhere from the age of 12 to 15 years old. So... I don't care much for LarsaxPenelo.

As for Ashe, I think Vaan felt at some point in the game he could relate to her, after all they both lost someone really dear to them. But it wasn't as if because they were able to find some common grounds that there was a sudden undeniable attraction between them (like there was between Aerith and Cloud). Personally, I thought she developed slight feelings for Balthier. And I think Balthier is clearly Fran's territory.

I think he and Penelo will end up together eventually. I see Vaan wanting to travel a bit and have some fun before even thinking about settling down with anyone and doing the normal routines of a grown man.

hplvr
01-17-2007, 02:12 AM
It's obvious that Penelo likes Vaan a lot and I'm sure he's not completely oblivious to her feelings and is rather okay with the fact. Come on, what guy wouldn't mind if 'the cute girl' he grew up with suddenly had a crush on him? It struck me at a certain scene in the game that Vaan was somewhat bothered by the sudden closeness between the young prince and his supposed "sisterly friend".

Someone once told me Larsa is somewhere from the age of 12 to 15 years old. So... I don't care much for LarsaxPenelo.

As for Ashe, I think Vaan felt at some point in the game he could relate to her, after all they both lost someone really dear to them. But it wasn't as if because they were able to find some common grounds that there was a sudden undeniable attraction between them (like there was between Aerith and Cloud). Personally, I thought she developed slight feelings for Balthier. And I think Balthier is clearly Fran's territory.

I think he and Penelo will end up together eventually. I see Vaan wanting to travel a bit and have some fun before even thinking about settling down with anyone and doing the normal routines of a grown man.
i disagree. vann and penelo are like brother and sister, thats just like me and my friend, ive know her forever and shes like familyy to me, i would never be with her
as for me i pikced he would be with no one, since penelo and him are not good together, and ashe is still in love with rasler, i dont see him going with anyone
imagine its fran, thatd be funny

Ghost in the Church
01-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Penelo!!