PDA

View Full Version : The Wii is officially worth getting.

Mittopotahis
11-07-2006, 01:17 PM
I just found out that you can get a normal controller for the Wii. I'm really happy about that, because the Nunchuk controller really didn't appeal to me. I'd rather have a classic controller. Which controller do you prefer?

If this topic has been made recently, close it. I'm sorry if it has, I haven't checked or anything :)

JKTrix
11-07-2006, 01:28 PM
You don't even have to buy the classic controller if you've had a Gamecube, unless you really hate the GC's c-stick. Just plug it in and you're good to go.

I think the Classic Controller plugs in the the Wii Remote though, so perhaps some games will use both. I imagine a Mario Party game being like that.

Spammerman
11-07-2006, 01:29 PM
i like the nunchuk, escpecially for shhotrs.

Roto13
11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
If you're not going to use the nunchuck controller, what's the point of having a Wii?

Craig
11-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Could you play a game like Zelda for example using just the remote and not the Nunchuk?

Captain Maxx Power
11-07-2006, 01:59 PM
If you're not going to use the nunchuck controller, what's the point of having a Wii?

What's the point of having a golf club if you're not going to play tennis with it?

Different tools for different jobs my friend.

The Devil Man
11-07-2006, 02:11 PM

That's like saying 'What's the point of having a penis if you're not going to have sex with it?'

Not everyone is happy about flailing around with a 'Nunchuk' controller. I know I am going to be playing the Wii with the Classic Controller more then anything else. The SNES controller, which the Classic Controller is largely modelled on, is widely regarded as the best controller of all time and I share that opinion.

JKTrix
11-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Could you play a game like Zelda for example using just the remote and not the Nunchuk?

You could if they made it that way. Zelda, however, requires both.

You can't play any and every Wii game with just a normal controller. It depends on the game's setup whether or not it will allow it. Zelda like I mentioned requires the nunchuck, as well as red steel and probably Metroid and Mario when they come.

Some of the more casual games, like Wii Sports and probably WarioWare will only need the Remote.

Metal Slug Anthology, on the other hand, allows you to use several different configurations. I saw this demonstrated on a Gamespot video. You can either set it up for a GC pad, Wii Remote-only, nunchuck only, and a few different setups for the Remote+Nunchuck combo. One of the more interesting setups was one that used the Wiimote like an upright arcade joystick that you used to move the character around, while the buttons on the nunchuck were to attack and jump. It was pretty interesting.

Roto13
11-07-2006, 04:11 PM

What's the point of having a golf club if you're not going to play tennis with it?

Different tools for different jobs my friend.

That's like saying 'What's the point of having a penis if you're not going to have sex with it?'

It looks like the vast majority of Wii games will be using the nunchuck, though. What's the point of having a penis if you're not going to pee through it? You'll be incredibly uncomfortable, my friend.

The Devil Man
11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
It looks like the vast majority of Wii games will be using the nunchuck, though. What's the point of having a penis if you're not going to pee through it? You'll be incredibly uncomfortable, my friend.

Aaaaah, but you are clearly forgetting about the Wii's backwards compatibility with the GameCube AND the Virtual Console when you speak of the control pad, Dr Indiana Jones!

There is only one game I will be buying at launch and thats Twilight Princess. Nothing else interests me until next year when Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Metroid Prime 3 get released. In the meantime, I have 30-odd GameCube titles I wanna be playing and I am sure to download some Virtual Console titles too. And I think alot of people will be doing the same.

So for me, the Classic Controller gets all the love but the Nunchuk, while definetly interesting and something I will undoubtedly try and become familiar with, will have to take a backseat for maybe a year or so.

jubjub13
11-07-2006, 04:29 PM

Exactly! Why would you play a baseball game or a golf game if you're not going to use the controller that doubles as a golf club and\or baseball bat? I think it'ss awesome.:p :up:

JKTrix
11-07-2006, 05:17 PM
So for me, the Classic Controller gets all the love but the Nunchuk, while definetly interesting and something I will undoubtedly try and become familiar with, will have to take a backseat for maybe a year or so.

Come back after Zelda.

Dreddz
11-07-2006, 05:20 PM
While im not a big fan of the controller, its probably the big appeal of the Wii, if you were to play with just the classic controller, it would be like playing a Gamecube. Which would suck.

Fire_Emblem776
11-08-2006, 03:58 AM
*pictures Duck Hunt remake* I wont mind the controller, as odd as it may seem.

NorthernChaosGod
11-08-2006, 08:09 AM

To play games that are only on the Wii?

RiseToFall
11-08-2006, 08:16 AM
If your going to play games using only the regular controller, you might as well call the system Gamecube 1.5.

Roto13
11-08-2006, 11:05 AM

To play games that are only on the Wii?

How many Wii games do you think are actually going to use the old style controller? As far as I know, Smash Bros. Brawl isn't even going to use it, and you can use the Game Cube controller for that.