PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, really

Roto13
11-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Stupid license grid.

Moon Rabbits
11-07-2006, 09:23 PM
As much as I love the licence grid, VG cats makes me laugh uncontrollably as usual.

However, Aeris did no justice to Penelo's bitchyness in that comic.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Funny that they never made a fuss about any given MMO where you simply cannot wear certain equipment until you've grinded to a high enough Level. I would say Licenses comprise a much better regulatory system than that.

Miriel
11-07-2006, 10:07 PM
I don't see what the problem is. By the time items appear in the shops, you should have enough LP to buy licenses for those items. And if you don't, it only takes like 10 minutes to twack about enough monsters to get the needed LP.

That being said, I don't really like the license grid because I'm a big fan of working with a character's natural abilities or with the job system. And the License grid is just kinda all over the place.

LunarWeaver
11-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I enjoy the License system a lot myself, but that comic made me snort in 4 different languages.

Ichimonji
11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
And another thing. Licenses don't teach you how to wear hats, they give you the authority to wear hats. I blame Archadia.

Zeromus_X
11-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Hahah, that was great. xD

VengefulRonin
11-08-2006, 12:43 AM
I like it and i hate it

It works real well, and i like how you can have people learn whatever you want them too, so you can have people act as a psychotic swordsman and a mage, cuz thats just cool. ^_^ The equipment stuff is about the same as its always been, get enough EXP (or licence points). But i HATE HATE HATE having to buy magic and techniques. Thats just effing stupid. I know it was like that back in older FF games, but seriously, its just STUPID. You can get enough points to have an ability, but oh, wait! You cant use it because you have to buy it! I dont know how many times i've been screwed over by that, and i'm only 10 hours into the game.

And all hail VG Cats xD

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Of course the characters have to buy the scrolls. How else would they know the correct incantation?

LunarWeaver
11-08-2006, 02:22 AM
If they didn't make you buy magic as well, I would have had Curaja, Holy, Flare, and all that good juju near the beginning and been way overpowered. I'm sure they did both for balance and such.

im_mrbrightside20
11-08-2006, 02:29 AM
i think the whole licencing system is all about the judges u kno?

cause in FFTA u had laws and i think u have to have "licences" or else the judges will massacure u with their armor?

i dunno i think its a cheap spinoff of the sphere grid and the only thing is u see the power of everyone using spears or sword and no one will use magick it really is confusing

personally i think they made it for more of a replay value

1st game- a lot of melee little magick
2nd time through- a lot of magic
3rd time through- a balanced medium

so i think they made it that way to help with replay and customization, but i dont like having to buy magicks and tecnicks either its such a waste of gil which is already not THAT easy to get and keep with all the weapon and armor updates

El Bandito
11-08-2006, 02:38 AM
Gil is easy to get. Just make sure you have a gambit of "Foe HP = 100% -> Steal" or manually do it yourself every time you go leveling. Also, buy Grimoires as quick as possible.

Roto13
11-08-2006, 11:47 AM
I like the system itself, but it's still really stupid that you can't wear a brooch until you get a license for it. :P

Spawn of Sephiroth
11-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, VCATS will always make us laugh. But I actually like the License System on the game, it makes it fun. What is so bad about it???

VengefulRonin
11-09-2006, 05:05 AM
I dont really find much of anything wrong with the grid. In previous games its always been get enough EXP to level so you can get new abilities (cept for X which had the sphere thingies, and X-2 which made the sphere thing crap), so XII isnt much different really. It just irks me that you can learn magic and techniques, yet you still have to buy them >_< Thats just a huge pain because i have to buy weapons and armour, not to mention when i could reeeally use a magic spell (like where i'm at in the game right now), there's nobody around i can buy it from. >_<

Shlup
11-09-2006, 05:09 AM
I lol'd.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-09-2006, 05:18 AM
Where were these guys when you couldn't use a potion in FFVIII without equipping a Guardian Force?

Madame Adequate
11-09-2006, 09:27 AM
I've not once had a shortage of license points. My characters can wear stuff I probably won't get until end-game. I can concentrate entirely on the top-right half of the board with everyone now, just getting augments and magic. The one exception is that Balthier will need a license for a new staff pretty soon, I imagine.