PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Breathin' Foxes

rubah
11-08-2006, 01:10 AM
My dad just taught me to exhale a visible cloud of fog smoke, etc, by keeping a high pressure in my mouth, and basically I want to know how this can happen and can any of you do it.

Shlup
11-08-2006, 01:11 AM
You mean when it's not cold?

rubah
11-08-2006, 01:14 AM
When it is not cold. I am in my house, and despite my mother and I protesting that it is "freezing!" in here, dad had established earlier that it was a languid 72.

Shlup
11-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Maybe you're just a dragon.

Fonzie
11-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Haha, thats cool. Teach us master

rubah
11-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Dang. It is my Chinese zodiac thing or whatever, after all!

Rye
11-08-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm very interested in knowing how. xD

Shlup
11-08-2006, 01:31 AM

All you have to do is hold your breath and push until the stank builds up enough to be visible.

Fonzie
11-08-2006, 01:31 AM
Maybe you should change your user title too "Like a Dragon". Just a thought :rolleyes2

Shlup
11-08-2006, 01:32 AM
Foxagon?

http://www.monmouth.com/~colonel/piece.png

Rye
11-08-2006, 01:33 AM

All you have to do is hold your breath and push until the stank builds up enough to be visible.

I didn't know that was possible, craziness. xD Thanks!

rubah
11-08-2006, 03:27 AM
Seriously guys; I was wanting Unne or Yams to come along and tell me exactly what this was :(

Jigsaw
11-08-2006, 03:29 AM
Were they Marlboros or Kools?

fire_of_avalon
11-08-2006, 03:39 AM
I can't do it.

Dr Unne
11-08-2006, 03:40 AM
Seriously guys; I was wanting Unne or Yams to come along and tell me exactly what this was :(

How could you put Yams in the same category as me? :mad2:

Yamaneko
11-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Yes, I will not be associated with a "pop" drinker.

Answer: Your dad doesn't know how to read a thermometer or you're boiling your own saliva. There needs to be a discernible difference between the ambient temperature and the gas (carbon dioxide) your exhaling in order to see gas molecules in the air with the naked eye.

sephirothishere
11-08-2006, 11:52 AM
nahh...doesnt work...im not stinky...im cool...

rubah
11-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Well, my dad reads thermometers for a living (air conditioning & heating repair man!) so I don't think it's that :O

o_O
11-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Answer: Your dad doesn't know how to read a thermometer or you're boiling your own saliva. There needs to be a discernible difference between the ambient temperature and the gas (carbon dioxide) your exhaling in order to see gas molecules in the air with the naked eye.

The reason for that is that the gas compresses more at lower temperatures, so therefore it would be possible to see the exhaled gas for a split second in normal temperatures, if you compress it enough in your mouth.
But you'd have to have a very powerful mouth to actually do that, so I'm going with the temperature explanation.

oddler
11-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Yes, I will not be associated with a "pop" drinker.

I'm with Yamaneko on this one.

Either your mouth is blazing or the air is chilly. I'm not going to try at the moment; maybe later.

rubah
11-09-2006, 02:07 AM
It can't possibly get that hot, because you only compress it for like a second. I was trying to do it too long (here's a hint kids, if you start feeling light headed from lack of air, you're too long) so I kept failing, but if you just press your lips and put pressure on it, you can see if it you let it out slow enough.

I can't imagine that it seriously has anything to do with the temperature. Itw as like 70-75 degrees out today, and it was happening. You can't see it outside because the light isn't good, but all our doors were open so it was about that warm in the house too.

Vikeve
11-09-2006, 02:32 AM
OMG! My friend at school was doing that today! I know what your talking about he was being stubid and said he was smoking air and I was like holy /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif! He didn't teach me how to do it and im sad. I was just about to start a thread like that too im glad I read this thread cuz then i would have felt like an idiot.

So event though i saw a friend doing it I have no clue how thats happening but its crazy! At first I just saw him tumbling on the ground saying he can smoke the air and i was like what and idiot and then he did! I was amazed!

NorthernChaosGod
11-09-2006, 09:34 PM
I've seen it happen on warm days, so either my friends have smoke in their lungs, or it's possible to compress/whatever the air.

Vikeve
11-10-2006, 02:34 AM
I've seen it happen on warm days, so either my friends have smoke in their lungs, or it's possible to compress/whatever the air.

I don't see how its done i tried and almost fainted but i got all light headed instead.:tongue:

Christmas
11-10-2006, 02:39 AM
It will be more impressive if you can teach me how to breath fire so that I can use it on NANNY MANUS. :bigsmile:

Xaven
11-10-2006, 02:52 AM
I think you're just forming a cloud in your mouth.

My friend and I do that with plastic water bottles sometimes. :D Just twist and twist until heat from the friction of your hands rubbing builds up inside the bottle, and as it shrinks down, the pressure goes up and as long as there's some stray dust particles or something in there, a cloud-thing comes out once you shoot the cap off. :D It's just the water vapor that condensed.

I think I saw something like this on Bill Nye as well.