PDA

View Full Version : How many times should a guy say "I love you" to his girlfriend?

Dr. Casey
11-08-2006, 07:12 AM
In case I ever get one, I want to be prepared.

Shlup
11-08-2006, 07:14 AM
At least everyday if he means it. Unless that doesn't work for their relationship. I like to hear it everyday. Probably not more than once a day very often though.

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-08-2006, 07:14 AM
I do not think it is necessarily the amount of times you say it but the feeling behind it and when you say it. I mean if you say it too much it just because a meaningless habit, or at least I think it can.

Martyr
11-08-2006, 07:15 AM
In case you ever "get on?"

I'm not sure where that;'s coming from, but telling a girl that you"Love Her" means you're trying for a very serious relationship.

It could get you dumped really quick if you start that crap too early, or, worse, it could cause her to really fall in love with you. And doing that kind of emotional damage to your gf never enhances the relationship.

LunarWeaver
11-08-2006, 07:15 AM
If you really do, you'll probably say it naturally enough that it won't ever be an issue.

If you're just being a naughty faker, say it before you go to be bed or when you'll be apart for any significant amount of time and I'm sure it'll work out.

NeoCracker
11-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Real men don't love.

Zante
11-08-2006, 07:20 AM
Once is enough imho.

Yamaneko
11-08-2006, 07:34 AM
Whenever you want to get some action or so I've heard. :shifty:

Miriel
11-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Once is enough imho.

Once. Ever?!

Anyway, I like to hear it often, and I say it often. And I mean it each time!

Roogle
11-08-2006, 07:39 AM
He says, "I love you," when he feels that there is a need to let that sentiment be known.

Mirage
11-08-2006, 07:41 AM
When we're not long distance, maybe once a day on average, usually before we go to sleep or if something special happens. When we are long distance, every time I call her, which is usually once a week, sometimes more. I don't think it's needed to say it every day, really, just because you didn't say it one day doesn't mean it stops being true.

Mitch
11-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Whenever it needs to be said, I always found.

Just make sure she believes you.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Nobody should ever say that to anybody.

Dr. Casey
11-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Why not, Ryuukishi? :(

nik0tine
11-08-2006, 09:13 AM
As many times as he means it.

Lindy
11-08-2006, 09:15 AM
As long as it'll get you in her pants, say it.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
11-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Don´t use that if you don´t feel it i mean i never said that to any of my girlfriends and they did not seem to care there are other words and actions which are just as good;)

RiseToFall
11-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Kishi had his heart broken, obviously a delicate guy.
To stay on topic: I say you do it once in a while, but at the same time show her your love, not just tell it.

The Devil Man
11-08-2006, 09:22 AM
For once, I agree with the guy in Red.

You should never, never, NEVER say 'I Love You' to a girl, EVER! :eek:

Do not make that mistake, EVER! It is absolutely wrong to do so.

There is only one time you need to tell her you love her and thats if you want to have sex. If you feel like having sex with your chick then, sure, go ahead and say 'Oh honey, you are so special to me, so precious. I love you and am glad to have met you :heart:'

Then you are more or less guaranteed to have some kinky action.

But apart from that.... NEVER! :eek:

One: It is a sign of male weakness.

Only the weak show their emotions. A true man does not do such a thing.

Two: It makes sure that the girl knows her place!

If you tell a chick you love her, she'll get all sorts of silly ideas in her head about the future and having your babies and being married etc... MAKE SURE YOU KEEP HER IN CHECK!

Three: It gives the girl something to work at.

If you tell a girl 'I love you'... it's sort of like completing a game and seeing the ending. There's nothing left for her to work hard towards! She will have no more aims, nothing to achieve. If you say nothing, it makes sure that she has to keep working very hard for your affections.

And Four: There could be something better around the corner.

If you say 'I love you' to a girl and she gets all happy and then BAM! :eek: Two days later you meet an even hotter chick... you'll have wasted your affections for no reason.

Let me give you an example. Say you buy a Nintendo Wii this Christmas for $200 and all of a sudden, out of NOWHERE Sony suddenly announce they were joking about the PlayStation 3 price and release the PlayStation 3 for only a $100 with 5 games (:eek:)... you'll have wasted your money for no reason!

Get what I am saying, dude? There is always something better around the corner!

So there is absolutely NO REASON to tell a girl you love her unless you want a bit of bedroom action, in which case it is perfectly fine to lie :) Only say 'I Love You' IF YOU WANT SOMETHING IN RETURN!

Remember! Give her something to work for and don't put any ideas into her head :)

Listen to your friend Devil Man for he talks wisdom :thumb:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Why not, Ryűkishi? :(It's a quotation from a certain novel. I don't particularly believe it myself.

Wolf Kanno
11-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Never

I personally feel you should never say it unless you ABSOLUTELY feel they are someone you are willing to spend your life with. A lot of people don't take the "L" world lightly and it tends to change the entire relationship, sometimes for the better but also for the worse. I definetly wouldn't say it first.

Levian
11-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Just tell her that you like her very much as a girlfriend, or just say ditto whenever she says she loves you. Oh, and don't listen to me btw.

Rye
11-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Levian is a hard cold Viking, he doesn't love women. Only icebergs and his battleaxe.

And whenever he feels like it should be said and if he means it. :)

sephirothishere
11-08-2006, 11:37 AM
There is only one time you need to tell her you love her and thats if you want to have sex. If you feel like having sex with your chick then, sure, go ahead and say 'Oh honey, you are so special to me, so precious. I love you and am glad to have met you '

Then you are more or less guaranteed to have some kinky action

ya ttly...

sephirothishere concurs

ya..i liek to say.."get out"..after im done....with her...for a hwile..til next time...ya know...hahaahahhha....

And Four: There could be something better around the corner

thats my philosophy...like devil man...your clearly a genius.....

ljkkjlcm9
11-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Never ever say it first, it's a very bad idea, trust me.

Guys should only say it if the girl says it over and over and he actually doe s love her and things such as "I know" and "ditto" don't work anymore, also, when you want to get in her pants.

THE JACKEL

Captain Maxx Power
11-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Replace all other words with the phrase "I Love You" and you can/can't go wrong! :bigsmile:

Giga Guess
11-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I put every day, bubt I wanna put the caveat: so long as it doesn't sound forced. If you say I love you and mean it, it's grand! If you say I love you to fill a quota, you'll just come off as a jackass.

Fonzie
11-08-2006, 01:31 PM
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/1584/040927drphilbookxd0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Levian
11-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Nice xD

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/y0026.gif

Blue Flame
11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
As many times as he wants, but only if he truly means it.

Jowy
11-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Just say it whenever it feels necessary.

Cloudane
11-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Don't even say it if you *do* mean it, unless you want her to start assuming that you're going to move in together, get married and have kids. In my limited experience anyway. And once you've said it once, it'll break her heart if you don't say it at least once per day thereafter.

With me - I did mean it. BUT - I didn't want to get into an actual serious/long-term relationship for various reasons. However that's the expectation that was created (she had our whole lives planned out within about 5 minutes including how many kids we'd have and was straight onto babynames.com), and it was difficult to backtrack. If you do make that mistake, let them know early so that you don't string them along.

I think it's a matter of defining 'love'. I love my male friends, but that doesn't mean I'm homosexual and it doesn't mean I want to marry them. If you say you love a girl, they tend to use the "you're my soulmate, let's get married" definition. Be careful.

As I recall, I think she said it first in my case. It's such an awkward position to be in - you tend to feel pressured to say "aw, I love you too" so that you don't hurt her feelings. I don't know any decent cop-out for that... I'd probably just say "aw, that's nice" and if pushed on the subject then admit that you're not ready for the commitment that the 'correct' response would imply. Might hurt her a little, but better than stringing her along letting her think you're soulmates then admitting it 11 months later.

The poll results so far are spot-on: Either "Never" or "Every day" - whichever is appropriate to how far you want to take things.

Jess
11-08-2006, 03:22 PM
I like to be told once a day, but I don't mind a little more or less. It can never get old if he means it every time.

Nominus Experse
11-08-2006, 03:32 PM
By the time comes to where one truly means those three particular words, you both know that the other loves you.

So really, "I love you" is a terribly redundant phrase, but one that most definately feels woderful to both hear and say.

But why is nice to hear? Why when it is so terribly redundant and you both know already? To be perfectly honest, I don't know why exactly, but my guess is that it's a way of upkeeping an oath and devotion of sorts, or perhaps its like a kiss or embrace with deeper meanings.

Personally, I say it once a day or perhaps more. I particularily enjoy telling her such a thing before she sets to bed. I don't really think there is any limit or required amount for it's terribly relational. One couple may say it thirty times a day and mean every one and never be bothered by its count. Whereas if I were to tell my girlfriend that I loved her thirty times a day, it would annoy both her and me.

But in many ways, I do say I love you thirty or so times a dy, just not in the verbal sense. As do all loving couples, I am sure.

More than anything, it's the matter of conviction and care behind those words and actions that ought to matter - not the recorded amount of times said or done.

The Devil Man
11-08-2006, 03:37 PM

sephirothishere concurs

ya..i liek to say.."get out"..after im done....with her...for a hwile..til next time...ya know...hahaahahhha....

And Four: There could be something better around the corner

thats my philosophy...like devil man...your clearly a genius.....

Cheers Sephirothishere :thumb: I am glad you are here to show wisdom too :) It is wise to show our experience with dozens of women to those who are less lucky in sampling the delights of Beautiful Goddesses!

There is something I forgot to mention earlier on. A very simple philosophy but an EXTREMELY accurate one. For you see, with women ya gotta...

Treat 'em mean so you keep 'em keen :mad2:

It is true! :eek: No matter what hot chicks say, they WANT a bad man! They don't like sensitive men who treat them like princesses. No siree. They want REAL men! :mad2:

Let me give you an example. About 2 years ago I was with this totally hot chick. She was tall, blonde, blue-eyed and had a great rack. If women are like cars, then this chick was like a Ferrari! :eek: Very hot chick indeed! And she was totally into me. She worshipped the ground I walked on, but your friend Devil Man knew how to handle her. Meanly!

One night, at about 12:30am in the morning, after having some FANTASTIC sex, your friend Devil Man was feeling very hungry. He was starving! I couldn't be bothered to cook because the act of making love had made me very tired. Never-the-less, Devil Man was very hungry and needed food! So he did the sensible thing.

He told his Beautiful Goddess to get dressed and get him a Pizza from outside :) And she'd have to go herself because I sure wasn't gonna let her drive MY brand new Mercedes. No way!

She moaned a little bit, but she didn't want to make me upset, so she put on her bra, put on her clothes and went out in the cold, windy weather to get my Pizza. Then she returned half-an-hour later with my Pizza. Good girl! And good Pizza :drool: I even let her eat a slice!

After I finished my Pizza, I felt very tired and sleepy. But then I also decided something else.

I didn't want my Beautiful Goddess in the house anymore because I was a little bit bored of her by now. I wanted to have a nice peaceful sleep because the next day was a Sunday. Your friend Devil Man needs a rest!

So Devil Man told his Beautiful Goddess to get outta his house!

That's right. He told her to go home because he didn't want her company anymore. And I wasn't gonna drive her home either. So she sadly left my house at 2:00am in the morning and had to get the Bus home all alone.

Now... you'd expect that the Beautiful Goddess would have dumped me after all this, right?

WRONG! :eek:

She carried on dating me for another 2 months because she liked being treated mean :mad2: Even after I dumped her and got a new girlfriend, she still came to me for sex. And I obliged because I felt a bit sorry for her :)

So there you have it.

Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen!

Never say 'I Love You'

Because then girls will be totally into you!

Jowy
11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Was she inflatable?

Ender
11-08-2006, 03:43 PM
If you want to keep her you need to end every spoken thought with "I love you." :love:

At the very least that will get her to stop asking "Do you love me?" or "Why don't you love me?" the two most dangerous, annoying questions in the entire world.

The Devil Man
11-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Was she inflatable?

No. But her boobies certainly needed inflating. Your friend Devil Man dumped the Beautiful Goddess because he was disappointed by the miniscule size of her rack. :(

She had a very nice personality :)

... but she had tiny fun-bags :(

So she had to be dumped. Devil Man blames Mother Nature.

Jowy
11-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Man, you sure do like pissing off half of the world's population.

ℓσ˘кнαятαиgєℓ
11-08-2006, 03:48 PM
i think a guy should say it anyway it dont matter how many times as long your both happy

fire_of_avalon
11-08-2006, 04:14 PM
About 2 years ago I was with this totally hot chick. She was tall, blonde, blue-eyed and had a great rack.

Contradictory? Check plus.

You should say it when you mean it. If she's desperate for you to say it, something is wrong.

Polaris
11-08-2006, 04:16 PM
more than 20 times a day! At least James always tell me that he loves more than that! ^^" *blushes*

DK
11-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Whenever it feels right. D:?

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
11-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Whenever it feels right. D:?

Ditto. You can't set any one number. If you feel it...just say it.. that's all i can suggest.

Project G
11-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Only say it if you mean it

Lindy
11-08-2006, 05:13 PM
I'd almost be offended by Devil Boy's 'philosophies' if he wasn't lying through his milk teeth.

The Devil Man
11-08-2006, 05:20 PM
About 2 years ago I was with this totally hot chick. She was tall, blonde, blue-eyed and had a great rack.

Contradictory? Check plus.

My memory's a little hazy, but when I think hard on it, I am sure they were very tiny. :tongue:

Or... maybe they were big... :confused:

See! Hazy memory! :thumb:

But they were definetly great while they lasted, that much is certain! So, yeah, they were a great rack! :drool:

I'd almost be offended by Devil Boy's 'philosophies' if he wasn't lying through his milk teeth.

'tis all true, I swear to Mother Nature!

~*~Celes~*~
11-08-2006, 05:24 PM
In case you ever "get on?"

I'm not sure where that;'s coming from, but telling a girl that you"Love Her" means you're trying for a very serious relationship.

It could get you dumped really quick if you start that crap too early, or, worse, it could cause her to really fall in love with you. And doing that kind of emotional damage to your gf never enhances the relationship.

He said "get ONE" not get on. :P

Well, to me it's not about saying it, but more about showing it because talk is cheap. However, it is always nice to say it once in a while because well, you never know if you're going to wake up the next day or not. My boyfriend and I tell each other we love each other every night before we sign off, sometimes even while we're still talking for the night, and to me...that's perfect. I don't want to hear it every five seconds and then have him not show it because then I don't really feel like it's true. I know he does mean it though, and that's what matters :):love:

EDIT: Devil Man, after reading your posts, I'm beginning to believe you never had a girl. What kind of girl in her right mind would date a guy to be treated mean? Then you go and cheat on your girlfriend with her...I'm sorry but to be honest, if I found out my boyfriend was doing that, I'd slap him...and he knows it.

I really can't speak for all girls when I say this, only for those of us who are normal. Us girls prefer getting treated like a Princess over getting treated like a dog for the simple reason that this isn't back in the day when women were property. We birth your children, we cook for you, we clean up after you...and we get you pizza in the bitter cold. We don't have to do these things but we do them because we love you. We only want love in return, not "I'm breaking up with you because your "fun-bags" aren't big enough for my liking, so get out." No. If a girl finds that attractive, she needs to be checked out by a shrink.

So for those of you guys out there who find it proper to be mean to your girls and not show them any true love at all, don't pursue a relationship. It's wrong of you to do something like that and I happen to know that all of the girls I know would definantly break up with you right away.

BarelySeeAtAll
11-08-2006, 07:16 PM
LOADS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zante
11-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Once is enough imho.

Once. Ever?!

There realy is no reason to keep repeating it, unless the other person is realy forgetfull or something. :p

Also, if s/he realy meant it, the other should be able to tell that without the need to say it anyways.

PlaidMage
11-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Don't say it unless you really, really mean it.

JKTrix
11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Someone told me a story about a couple who had been married for 30 years, but the husband never told the wife he loved her. One day she was fed up and confronted him about it, and he replied "I told you I loved you when we got married. If I change my mind I'll let you know."

Say it if you feel like it. "Love" is overused and abused anyway, whoever is on the receiving end will get over it if you say it or not. If "love" has a special meaning to you make sure you know what it is, so you can tell her if she ever asks. Not something to stress about unless you are going to get married. Love is better when shown through actions rather than words.

Lots of the advice in this thread is quite good, I won't reiterate further.

Chloe.
11-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Everyday :bigsmile:

Miriel
11-08-2006, 07:41 PM
When you're in love with someone, you want to vocalize those feelings for that person. Of course in a serious relationship, both parties involved should know that they love each other through their actions moreso than through words, but if you really care about someone, why not tell them that whenever you want to? And for most couples who are really in love, they want to say it. And really, if you feel that saying it only once is enough, there's gotta be some issues there about opening up and really committing to a relationship.

Zante
11-08-2006, 08:00 PM
The question, howerer was how many times you "should" say it, as in how many times it is required, and that would be only once in my oppinion. Nothing wrong with saying it more often if ya feel like it. ;)

Someone told me a story about a couple who had been married for 30 years, but the husband never told the wife he loved her. One day she was fed up and confronted him about it, and he replied "I told you I loved you when we got married. If I change my mind I'll let you know."

:thumb:

fantasyjunkie
11-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Been married for 16 years, I say it a couple times everyday

McLovin'
11-08-2006, 08:18 PM
A couple of times is good enough I guess.

Devil Man. Stfu.

Is anyone else supecting Devil Man and sephirothishere are one and the same...?

Alive-Cat
11-08-2006, 08:25 PM
What about when I have a boyfriend!?

The Devil Man
11-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Devil Man. Stfu.

No my good sir...

I am of the opinion that it should be YOU who should STFU.

And my opinion is often correct. :bigsmile:

And it is often correct on these matters because I am a stud. :thumb:

Sylvie
11-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Devil Man. Stfu.

No my good sir...

I am of the opinion that it should be YOU who should STFU.

And my opinion is often correct. :bigsmile:

And it is often correct on these matters because I am a stud. :thumb:
Opinions can't be correct.

escobert
11-08-2006, 08:46 PM
NEVER just give em a slap on the ass ;)

Dreddz
11-08-2006, 08:46 PM
" I love you " has sorta lost all meaning nowadays, for instance, I just said I love you to my Big Mac an hour ago.

As long as theres enough hugs, kisses and sex, you should be good.

Jowy
11-08-2006, 08:47 PM
A couple of times is good enough I guess.

Devil Man. Stfu.

Is anyone else supecting Devil Man and sephirothishere are one and the same...?

They're not. seph's from Ireland, Devil Man from the UK.

Ki Ki
11-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Every darn day! And a song should be sung to her after dinner, and then her feet must be massaged.
That is all.

Spammerman
11-08-2006, 09:02 PM
For me, I would say I love you if I have a serious relationship, annd i wiuld say it once or twice, unless she thinks its akward.

Miriel
11-08-2006, 09:17 PM
The question, howerer was how many times you "should" say it, as in how many times it is required, and that would be only once in my oppinion. Nothing wrong with saying it more often if ya feel like it. ;)

:thumb:

You're missing the point. When you're in love, saying "I love you" isn't an obligation. It's something you say because you mean it. Because you WANT to say it. You shouldn't say it at all if you don't mean it. And if you do mean it, it makes absolutely no sense that you would only say it ONCE. That really doesn't make sense.

Also, everyone stop telling each other to stfu. Ok. Thanks.

~*~Celes~*~
11-08-2006, 09:32 PM
In order to prevent flaming and to keep myself from being banned, I'm going to generalize this.

When you treat a girl like crap, she's not going to love you unless she has a mental problem. If you treat her like crap, the smart thing to do is to slap you, call you several obscenities, and walk away from you, never to return to you again. Any guy who treats a girl like crap is a heartless #@$^*%& and should never pursue a relationship.

Now I'm going to point fingers because I'm too angry to care anymore. Devil Man, you're a pig. You're a heartless pig who's selfish and only cares about yourself. You don't care about anyone else's feelings and therefore, every girl in their right mind should just tell you to #%#%#@ off and leave. Don't EVER ask any girl on this site out because if I find out you're dating someone off this site, I'm going to send her the stuff you said so she knows where your head is.

The Devil Man
11-08-2006, 09:35 PM
I think you're being a bit harsh :(

escobert
11-08-2006, 09:37 PM
OMG SO ARE WE ALL LOLz.. Dude, calm the hell down.

The Devil Man
11-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Why are you getting so made Celes? He is obviously lying. What kind of "stud" would spend his time on a FF forum making tons of threads with strangely made up stories?

Obviously! :thumb:

Thanks for the summary too Magus! It was helpful :) And a work of genius!

Hopefully Devil Man might start getting some love back from his EoFF'ers! :spin:

MecaKane
11-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Devil Man, after reading your posts, I'm beginning to believe you never had a girl.
<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1870388&postcount=58">Don't worry, he hasn't.</a>

escobert
11-08-2006, 09:49 PM
<!--Kane, neither have you :D. And Joel doesn't count!-->*snip*

Stop this sort of posting. ~ Leeza

rubah
11-08-2006, 09:59 PM
several times a day~

Ashley Schovitz
11-08-2006, 10:01 PM
I do not think it is necessarily the amount of times you say it but the feeling behind it and when you say it. I mean if you say it too much it just because a meaningless habit, or at least I think it can.

Yeah it really depends on the person, just every once in a while you know syaing too much can reverse it on ya.

The Devil Man
11-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Devil Man, after reading your posts, I'm beginning to believe you never had a girl.
<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1870388&postcount=58">Don't worry, he hasn't.</a>

O rly? ;)

O rly, O rly, O rly ;) ;) ;)

Devil Man is much loved by many women. ;)

Errr.... I need a new line now I think :(

Jowy
11-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Go sit in the car.

The Devil Man
11-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Go sit in the car.

Only if you come with me you naughty, naughty boy ;)

Renmiri
11-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Me and my hubby say it to each other when we say goodbye, on the phone or in the morning :D

Madame Adequate
11-08-2006, 10:32 PM
As many times as he wants to air the sentiment. Me, I was insane stalkerish, she heard it like ever three minutes.

Peegee
11-08-2006, 10:59 PM
At least everyday if he means it. Unless that doesn't work for their relationship. I like to hear it everyday. Probably not more than once a day very often though.

You've got to be kidding me. Unless you were a sentimental lout (are you btw? I couldn't figure it out from the (combined) 10 minutes we interacted), that would get annoying or repetitive fast.

I believe there are certain times where you ought to say 'I love you'. Any more than that is situation dependent:

Times where saying I<3u is mandatory, if not confusing if not stated in prose:

- when proposing to her
- ...I'm drawing a blank. I was thinking first time sex or whatever but that's not mandatory

But whatever. I stand by my example.

sephirothishere
11-08-2006, 11:09 PM
She carried on dating me for another 2 months because she liked being treated mean Even after I dumped her and got a new girlfriend, she still came to me for sex. And I obliged because I felt a bit sorry for her

your so kind...thats probably what gives you such a good reputation...ya..sooo..anyways..i think chicks dont liek bein told it everyday...cuz..theyd know..i was jus sayin it to please htem...a chick would have to be really hot and me to be really into ehr...for me o say i love you more then once...hahhah...

Evastio
11-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Maybe whenever you haven't been seeing each other much since that's when it really matters. She'll probably think you've been trying to avoid her if you don't tell her that you love her.

Leeza
11-08-2006, 11:14 PM
If you mean it, you say it every day. If you don't mean it, don't say it at all.

Devil Man, I think you've had your quota of posts for this thread.

Nod
11-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Never, because saying 'i love you' means commitment.

Peegee
11-08-2006, 11:31 PM
behaviourally I agree with devil man (I never say I <3 you to people any more), but the way he phrased it should never be stated. I'm curious as to whether this is indicative of how you treat women, and if you don't treat them with respect, even saying 'I love you' won't bring them back.

At least, you'd think so. I've met a few lunatics for girls.

Never saying 'I love you' should only be done if you aren't serious about your relationships, and if that is the case, you really ought not to ever say it.

Leeza
11-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Shadow Bahamut: Do not make posts such as the one you just made above again. It has nothing to do with the topic and is attacking a member. That is very uncalled for, especially when the member is obviously pulling your leg.

Vincent, Thunder God
11-08-2006, 11:44 PM
First of all, she should know you already love her without having to say that all the time.

Secondly, you should be able to present your love in better ways than "I love you" every two seconds. The relationship has to be deeper than just "I love you" for it to last.

Let her know in other ways, and maybe say those words once a month.

BardTard
11-09-2006, 01:17 AM
As many times as he wants, but only if he truly means it.

Agreed. I'd say at least every day though.

abrojtm
11-09-2006, 01:19 AM
<s>Say it to shut her up</s>
Say it only if you mean it.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-09-2006, 01:53 AM
I love my girlfriend. She knows it. I finally told her a few weeks after she told me. Now, I say it the most when she says it to me. She brings up the fact that I rarely say it first from time to time. On average though, I probably say it around 6-10 times a day, as replies to her saying it.

I personally believe that it needn't be said as much as I say it. She knows it is true, I know it is true. Simple as that.

Though, there are always those moments when I am just feeling so good, or she has lifted my spirits so high that I just must tell her and the world how much she means to me. Those would be the times I say it first.

Whenever you want to get some action or so I've heard. :shifty:
All I need to say to get some action is "I want it." I am just to arrogant to ever say it, so I have to wait for her to want it too. :cry:

I was thinking first time sex or whatever but that's not mandatory
Yeah, I so didn't tell my girlfriend after our first time. I told her much after that.

The Real Dark Messenger
11-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I learned that if you say it too often, it looses it's meaning. But it depends on the relationship how often you 'have' to say it.

Owen Macwere
11-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I learned that if you say it too often, it looses it's meaning. But it depends on the relationship how often you 'have' to say it.

Agrees!. *nods*

Brandon Stroud
11-10-2006, 12:37 AM
Those three words can either be a blessing or murder.

In the relationship I'm in right now, I say "I love you" to my girlfriend at least twice daily. Why? Because I mean it. Why not more often? Because, like was said earlier, it can lose its meaning altogether.

Taking the time to say those words can really make a difference, though.

Quindiana Jones
11-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Everytime she's sad, everytime she's happy, and everytime in between :bigsmile:

10-Breaker
11-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Every day 2-5 times ONLY IF tha guy means it!

XandrewX
11-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Say it whenever you have the chance...life is short...misfortune is unexpected...so say it when you have the chance and really mean it...

Essęncia
11-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Every day 2-5 times ONLY IF tha guy means it!

I totaly agree

edczxcvbnm
11-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey! I ain't fuckin no one else. Doesn't that say it all bitch? XD

GeneralSapphire
11-10-2006, 07:14 PM
If its said to much it might loose its meaning, but every day to let them know you still care, if its forgotten then!!!!!!!!!!Not good enough!!!!!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-10-2006, 08:03 PM
If its said to much it might loose its meaning, but every day to let them know you still care, if its forgotten then!!!!!!!!!!Not good enough!!!!!

It might lose its meaning. Yes. But it might also deepen its meaning to something much more, well, meaningful.

GeneralSapphire
11-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Maybe, but if thats all they will say!!

Renmiri
11-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Well the first time my husband, then boyfriend, said "I love you", it had a great impact on me. A decade and 3 kids later we know for a fact we love each other but it is still nice to hear it every day, particularly now that I don't look like Julia Roberts anymore ;)

Iceglow
11-11-2006, 01:18 AM
If you mean it? as many times as you feel it is needed in a situation, you argue with her, you end it by telling her you love her, you see her and she appears down, tell her you love her, you see her and she's looking amazing tell her so and tell her you love her. Starting to see the pattern here?

If you don't actually love her then NEVER say those words. Those 3 little words mean a lot to women "I love you" is just something that makes any break up with a girl so much harder and more hurtful. If you don't love her and she tells you she loves you then do what I used to do in that situation...

Girl "I love you baby, you make me so happy" (yada yada yada)
Me "Yeah...*Kisses her* you're so cute baby" (avoidance but the kiss and the change of topic if performed properly means she forgets I never actually said I loved her too.

Another way of avoiding it is to simply use the responses "that's nice", "me too" (this one is tricky, many will see it as you are telling her you love her, I see it for what it is. Put in context of she told you she loves you replying "me too" essentially says that you love yourself also...god I love the english language), "Do you?" Pretty much anything goes as long as you never say those 3 little words. Believe me I got a lot of practice in avoiding those 3 little words and it makes all the difference in the break up because when they tell you "but you said you loved me!" *cue crying* you can say "well actually name a time I said the 3 words "I love you"? Because I think you'll find I never said those at all ever.

Thankfully now I don't have to avoid those 3 little words as I do really love Tinker's

Razputine
11-11-2006, 03:34 AM
hhhmmm... it all depends on what type of girlfriend you have... if you have a attention hog you should say it at LEAST 2-5 times a day

fantasyjunkie
11-11-2006, 03:43 AM
Well the first time my husband, then boyfriend, said "I love you", it had a great impact on me. A decade and 3 kids later we know for a fact we love each other but it is still nice to hear it every day, particularly now that I don't look like Julia Roberts anymore ;)

You have reinforced my stand on why I tell my wife those 3 words everyday :)

41-Inches-Wide
11-11-2006, 04:31 AM
TWENTY-ONE TIMES A DAY!
I get greedier and greedier still.