PDA

View Full Version : Choose one for me : KH2 or DoC

Setzer Gabianni
11-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Frankly, I couldn't care less about these games. Yarly. But I need something SEish to tide me over until the English release of FFXII (*fangasms*). I already am getting Guitar Hero for xmas ( I better be dammit, and I hope to buy the 2nd game with some money I get from family members. So I am going to bug my mother to buy me at least 2 ps2 titles for xmas. So choose one for me, and make the reason for getting it sound good.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Jowy
11-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Get Kingdom Hearts II. DoC is repetitive and has poor control from what I've heard. Or, Suikoden V since it's available in PAL format now. ;D

jubjub13
11-08-2006, 09:29 PM
As much as I like DoC, get KH2. DoC is an awesome game but KH2 is far better.

ps: but you should probably play KH first if you haven't already.:lol:

Setzer Gabianni
11-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Why is DoC such an awesome game then :P

~Setzer Gabianni

RiseToFall
11-08-2006, 10:24 PM

~Setzer Gabianni

It's not, go with KH2.

I Am Stoner
11-08-2006, 10:31 PM

~Setzer Gabianni

It's not, go with KH2.

Well said. DoC is crap.

Sefie1999AD
11-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I'd suggest getting KH2. So far, it seems like a very good game (I've played it for about 18 hours). I'm not sure about FFVII DoC, though. I haven't played it myself, although it didn't get that great reviews.

XxSephirothxX
11-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Get Kingdom Hearts II, definitely.

Setzer Gabianni
11-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Dudes, instead of saying it's just a better game, explain WHY - that's what I did ask for in the first post =P and also say why the DoC game is rubbish. I can pretty much guess, but I need some feedback lol.

~Setzer Gabianni

jubjub13
11-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Dudes, instead of saying it's just a better game, explain WHY - that's what I did ask for in the first post =P and also say why the DoC game is rubbish. I can pretty much guess, but I need some feedback lol.

I like it because it is expiremental game for SE. They need something to revive them after the bad streak of bad FF games. Sure DoC had some parts of the game where it wasn't all that great but I think they did a great job for their first shooter. Personally I don't think they will do it again but I look forward to it if they do.:up:

Marshall Banana
11-09-2006, 05:25 PM
KHII has a nice follow-up story, great music, and a lot of silver-haired pretty boys, that's why. =O

XandrewX
11-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Both are great...DoC with the all new shooting game system is nice to experience...and KH2 is a very interesting story with all the moves you can initiate when you press triangle in PS2 and stuff...so both are recommended to be experienced

DJZen
11-11-2006, 02:16 PM
You say you don't really want either but you want other people to tell you which one to get? How about don't get either one? Spend the money on something you actually have an interest in.

Setzer Gabianni
11-11-2006, 10:16 PM
True, true.
But there is like no other PS2 game I show any interest in apart from Guitar Hero 2 (but I don't want to get 2 Guitar Hero games unless I REALLY have to) - I show a "slight" interest in DoC and KH2, because I like SE, and maybe those games will prove to be good, I don't know. So I don't care for these SE titles, probably because of my adoration of FFXII, but I care a wee bit..

:P

~Setzer Gabianni

DJZen
11-12-2006, 06:43 PM
How about this? Don't buy anything. No seriously, think about it. You'll have more money to spend on other things you want as you become aware of your desire from them. That way you won't be saying "Why did I have to spend my money on that other thing I didn't want? Now I can't afford this thing!"

Cruise Control
11-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Use that money to participate in the EoFF christmas card exchange, you'll still have money leftover to buy Timesplitters 3. :)

RiseToFall
11-13-2006, 01:26 AM
Have you even played the first KH?

Setzer Gabianni
11-14-2006, 06:48 AM
Yes..otherwise I wouldn't be asking for the second one =P
Timesplitters? Not my type of game, sorry ^^;;
My mum is going to be getting the game sorry lol, and seeing as the next Tekken, DMC, and next FF after 12 is going to be on the PS3, I don't have much reason to get anything else - I have had very few PS2 titles this year, so I doubt I will be wanting anything else for Christmas apart from KH2 and GH2. I intend to buy GH2 myself, makes more sense to get diff. games for xmas.
I decided now to get KH2, mainly because after watching just one of the DoC FMV's, I knew it wasn't going to be anything special, plus the fact that KH2 I didn't actually HATE, just didn't think much about it at the time.
Christmas Card Exchange? =P

~Setzer Gabianni

RiseToFall
11-14-2006, 07:32 AM
I think this should have been a simple answer for you. You own Kingdom Hearts. If you really enjoyed the game, then why not pick up the second one. If you didn't enjoy the first game then pick up DoC or some other game that interests you. You like RPG's right? So how about picking up Tales of the Abyss, or maybe even Devil Summoner. The PS2 library has an incredible number of great games, all you have to do is look around.

Setzer Gabianni
11-14-2006, 08:45 AM
I've looked around whenever I have been up town, and I can't say I've seen those titles.
They out in the UK yet?

~Setzer Gabianni

RiseToFall
11-14-2006, 09:20 AM
I've looked around whenever I have been up town, and I can't say I've seen those titles.
They out in the UK yet?

~Setzer Gabianni

Sorry, I didn't realize your from the U.K.(didn't look to the top right of your posts) I'm really not sure if Abyss is out or not. Devil Summoner on the other hand, I'm pretty positive isn't out in the U.K. though I'm not 100% sure of either one.

Cruise Control
11-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Abyss is not, silly brits.

jubjub13
11-15-2006, 04:04 PM
I haven't heard of either of those. Are they any good?

RiseToFall
11-15-2006, 04:29 PM
I haven't heard of either of those. Are they any good?

Tales of the Abyss - Yes. You've never heard of the Tales series?

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner-Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army - Yes, but it's not for everyone. Get some info on it before you buy. (and yes that game does contain the longest fucking name ever.)