PDA

View Full Version : Go sit in the back with the other slow kids

Roto13
11-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Vaan, Fran, and Basche (or however it's spelled) are at level 25, Balthier is at level 9, and Ashe and Penelo are at level 13. Should I bother to build up those weaker characters? Will I ever need to use them? Don't spoil anything! :P

LunarWeaver
11-08-2006, 10:55 PM
I only bothered with three of them and I never had any problems. But other people seem intent on keeping them all equal, so I'm just a crazy hobo with my crazy advice.

Roto13
11-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Back in the day when I played Pokemon, I only ever used one of them. I don't need to keep everyone equal. :P

LunarWeaver
11-08-2006, 11:00 PM
You're a very special Poketeer, roto. :jess:

If you buy the + HP licenses, I bet you they could survive long enough to resurrect your real team if they should fall anyway.

atlanteay
11-08-2006, 11:16 PM
i really wanted to just use vaan, ashe, and fran but then i wanted to make sure i don't ever get stuck with lame characters so i leveled everyone equally. what a pain in the arse to do that :mad:

Moon Rabbits
11-08-2006, 11:20 PM
I've leveled up everyone equally earlier, and have been having alot of trouble due to underleveled-ness. After I realized that keeping them all up is too difficult, I began to focus on Ashe, Fran, and Balthier, occasionally switching in Penelo.

The Unknown Guru
11-09-2006, 01:52 AM
I like to keep my guys relatively equal. If one party dies, then I'm not automatically screwed.

Auragaea
11-09-2006, 01:57 AM
I read somewhere that Fran leaves your party for one boss fight.

Zeromus_X
11-09-2006, 01:58 AM
She goes berserk for one boss fight, if that counts as leaving the party.

I've just been using Ashe, Fran, and Basch, because I don't care about leveling up the rest of the characters.

im_mrbrightside20
11-09-2006, 02:22 AM
you might want to use Ashe only because she is one of the best characters once leveled

next to Bash and Vaan she has the highest strength, and she has the highest magick attack too she is a really good character and her quickenings are good i think

after lvling all 6 of them i think that Vaan Ashe and Penelo are amazing but thats also my opinion

Raistlin
11-09-2006, 02:40 AM
I just use Vaan, Basch, and Ashe. It's very tough for me to change after working on a character. I only switched from Fran to Ashe because of her superb magic stats to start out. I really like Balthier's character, but I also really like having a well-rounded, specialized party (Basch - fighter, Vaan - all-around, Ashe - magic). And it just wouldn't seem right not to have Vaan in the party.

Freya
11-09-2006, 04:41 AM
Vaan, Fran, and Basche
Wow that's who I use. My Fran is my kickarse ranged and healer, Basch is my tank while Vaan helps heal and damage, he's like me druid.... damn you WoW you've corrupted my FF now...

I don't bother leveling anyone else, at all....

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-09-2006, 04:44 AM
Vaan, Balthier, and Fran--the obligatory leader plus the two coolest characters in the game. It's a no-brainer.

Roto13
11-09-2006, 05:01 AM
I'm actually regretting not using Balthier. But he's at level nine, so it'd be a pain to raise him up. I'll definitely use him my next run through the game. No doubt.

Jowy
11-09-2006, 05:19 AM
I'm using Basch, Penelo, and Balthier primarily. I have everyone's levels balanced out, except for Penelo, who is two levels higher than everyone else.

Miriel
11-09-2006, 06:08 AM
Vaan, Balthier, and Fran--the obligatory leader plus the two coolest characters in the game. It's a no-brainer.
Yep.

I have Vaan, Balthier, and Fran at lvl 24 right now (just got out of the tomb) and the rest are at lvl 18. I don't really care to level the others but I do take them out sometimes.

Ichimonji
11-09-2006, 06:28 AM
I level them all equally, it's no trouble to me. I have all six of my characters at level 44 right now, and the license board is basically complete for everybody. By complete I mean everybody has all the Augments, Magicks, Technicks, and Quickenings. I have everyone on a different style weapon for the most part. The best part of leveling everyone is that you can pull off a chain of level-three Quickenings with your three party members, and then rinse/repeat with the other three.

It would feel weird to level only three party members now. I like to have an uber all around team.

Sephex
11-09-2006, 06:47 AM
I use everyone. I just feel like keeping everyone equal. I can not explain this.

El Bandito
11-09-2006, 07:51 AM
I only leveled up three characters (Basch, Penelo, and Ashe) because I realized that even the characters that aren't in your active party get LP (and because I'm lazy).

So once I get done with the story I'm gonna have blank slates with thousands and thousands of LP to experiment. Yay replay value!

Madame Adequate
11-09-2006, 09:25 AM
I generally use Penelo, Fran, and Balthier. But Ashe and Vaan aren't a huge distance behind, if they need to be in a fight I can bring them in. Basch... eeeh... let's just say he's not as awesome as he was when I first got him :p

abrojtm
11-09-2006, 09:39 AM
I leveled up everyone equally up until thirty. Then I realized that it's pointless--I'm taking twice as long to level my characters. Now I use Vaan with Ashe and Penelo because the girls have the highest innate magic and Vaan is well-rounded.

Cruise Control
11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Vaan, Basch, and Ashe. With spears. Total beatdown.

Dell
11-09-2006, 02:12 PM
you might want to use Ashe only because she is one of the best characters once leveled

next to Bash and Vaan she has the highest strength, and she has the highest magick attack too she is a really good character and her quickenings are good i think

after lvling all 6 of them i think that Vaan Ashe and Penelo are amazing but thats also my opinion

Ashe have low HP and Penelo sucked in Strength and Vitality.

From the beginning till the end of the game, no one will leaves your party except in towns. They never miss anything. I have my Basch, Ashe and Vaan, all level 66, with Axes/Hammers, all magicks/technicks learned, act with all of the job in my first and second data.

But I use every character equally in my third data after I know the terror of Rank VIII Mob Hunt and I don't care, I have the patience to bear it. I have way too many problem when I only use three character but I'm fine so far using all character.