PDA

View Full Version : Vegnagun vs. Sin

Human Devil
11-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Who would win Sin or Vegnagun? I really dont know cuz both were pretty easy to me. But im kinda going with Sin cuz machina doesnt work against him.

4evarisha
11-09-2006, 02:38 AM
I have to go with Sin!

Ashley Schovitz
11-09-2006, 03:41 AM
Who would win Sin or Vegnagun? I really dont know cuz both were pretty easy to me. But im kinda going with Sin cuz machina doesnt work against him.

They siad Vegnagun had the power to destroy Sin, but no one knows if that's true since they didn't do it and I say Sin, because Vegnagun was way too easy.

No.78
11-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Why have people voted for Sin? Vegnagun was created to destroy Sin, and if it was weaker than Sin then Yuna an' that would not have worried about it, they'd've just killed it. Pure and simple.

EDIT: Which they did, but you know what I mean

TRANS_AM409
11-09-2006, 02:07 PM
vegnagun he can destroy the entire world with one attack and if u remember vegnugun wasent even turned on when you fight him in ffx-2 cause you automaticly lose if shuyin turns him on he was just im his auto-defense mode that protects him somewhat when not on

YTDN
11-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Sin wins, because it can fly. Vegnagun can't even move around that fast and it takes too long to charge it's gun. Sin would just tear it apart. Also Sin has armies of Sinspawn, so it wins.

Sefie1999AD
11-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Since this poll is in the FFX forums, clearly Sin is going to win the poll. Even if it wasn't, though, I'd still say Sin would win. If there was a battle between Sin and Vegnagun, there's a chance Vegnagun would destroy Sin if it managed to get a shot. However, this doesn't mean Sin would stand idle and wait for Vegnagun to shoot. Vegnagun is a big machine, and it can't really move much, so it can't dodge attacks whereas Sin can move and fly around.

Sin could send Sinspawns and powerful attacks to kill those who are controlling Vegnagun or use some attack to jam Vegnagun's weapon controls. I don't think Vegnagun would stand a chance in a battle, only in a cheap ambush shot against Sin.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
11-09-2006, 09:55 PM
sin. end of.

vegnagun is man-made so no, it aint happening

BustaMo
11-10-2006, 01:23 AM
Vegnagun was a piss-poor end boss. They should have made it a pair of Timberland boots; that would have had the same effect and appeal... *rolls eyes*

Sin kicked ass. He terrorized almost every island/town and took numerous lives. It has a history that goes into farther depth than Vegnagun's. Sin could ahve knocked a Tsunami at BVegnagun, knocked it into the ocean, and therefore Vegnagun would ceese to work with all of that water running over it's body.

rubah
11-10-2006, 03:02 AM
Vegnagun freaked me out.

N8V_Tidus25
11-10-2006, 03:37 AM
I have to go with Sin!

i agree:D

Cloud master
11-14-2006, 02:27 AM
Vegnagun was too easy, I mean with the right equipment it's too easy.

FF7MAGE
11-17-2006, 04:11 AM
i think they killed each other, in some weird effet, cause there both strong in ways, it be a heck of a fight

Yliette
11-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Sin! No doubt about that.

For a machina that was said to be able to obliterate the entire Spira, it can be defeated by a measley level of 40 or even 30 by YRP. I was Lv60+ when I defeated him and his difficulty was any average boss in FFX-2. Shuyin was no different either.

No.78
11-26-2006, 01:08 PM
What the hell guys, read my post. Vegnagun was created to destroy Sin. It can destroy the world.

If you believe Sin would win then, I dunno, you're being SILLY.

Timerk
11-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Just because Vegnagun was created to destroy Sin, doesn't mean that it would have worked. Sin just would have put it's shield up and reversed the blast on to Vegnagun, ie Operation Mi'hen.

ama124
11-26-2006, 03:24 PM
I choose sin, because if i was in sin i would be pretty scared of a big ass whale that flies. Vegnagun is man made so he could be stopped but sin could keep on coming back if it werent for tidus and co.

So i vote for sin.

Silver the hedgehog
12-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Sin would definatly win cuz it takes to long for Vegnagun to even launch an attack. I gotta admit Sin was easy and Venagun was easy but Sin wins the difference by a lot.

Vegnagun= WAY TO EASY:eep:

Mirage
12-22-2006, 05:09 PM
sin. end of.

vegnagun is man-made so no, it aint happening

Sin is technically man-made too.

I think Sin would win, really. The only reason Tidus & co won against Sin was that they were able to enter it, and take out its core.

Tavrobel
12-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Sin. But only because FFX was so much better than FFX-2.

Vegnagun may have had the power to destroy Sin, but it would never have done so, since it is a sentient Machina, and could not distinguish between User or Foe. Not only that, Summons always own Machines with pianoes on them.

If you want to think about it in gaming terms:
Sin requires the X button, thought, and maybe, JUST MAYBE, the D-Pad.
Vegnagun will somehow die, even if you unplug your controller and play Warcraft III.

Vegnagun will have died within five minutes.

Lon611
12-22-2006, 07:55 PM
uhm, has ne1 noticed this isn't really a "poll" in the sense that u can vote for both?..cuz i did :rolleyes2 lol.
but i would def say Sin, because he freaking terrified Spira for freaking 1000 years...and he could fly

LunarWeaver
12-22-2006, 08:19 PM
I judge all things by how attractive they are, and since Sin is the hottest piece of action this side of bishie land, it's obvious he would win.

Venom
12-22-2006, 09:12 PM
It would seem evenly matched at first because both Vegnagun and Sin can destroy Spira. However, Yuna needed the strenth of Aeons to destroy Sin. Yuna only needed Rikku and Paine to destroy Vegnagun.

Mo-Nercy
12-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Maybe Vegnagun would have a better chance against Sin if a deranged lunatic like Shuyin wasn't controlling it.

Dr Aum
12-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Vegnagun has an organ-type thing. That alone puts it in a special category of badassness shared only by Gannondorf.

Tavrobel
12-27-2006, 05:26 PM
So does the Giant of Bab-il, but I would not classify him anywhere NEAR bad-ass.

Jessweeee♪
12-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Why have people voted for Sin? Vegnagun was created to destroy Sin, and if it was weaker than Sin then Yuna an' that would not have worried about it, they'd've just killed it. Pure and simple.

EDIT: Which they did, but you know what I mean

Vegnagun was strong enought to distroy the world, but not Sin. Yuna was worried about Spira. He may have been built for that purpose, but I don't think it was strong enough. Besides, it only took a party of 3 to defeat Veggy, but Sin took Seven.

On the otherhand...Vegnagun is probably strong enough to break Sin's armor, at least.

Little Blue
12-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Vegnagun was not built to destroy Sin, only Zanarkand.

And Sin would beat the crap out of it anyway.

Tavrobel
12-27-2006, 07:59 PM
No, it was very much created to destroy Sin. Bevelle knew it could destroy Zanarkand on its own.

The entirety of FFX-2 says that Vegnagun > Sin.

The fact of the matter is that Sin > Vegnagun, the Reich, Japan, 1945 America, and Psychotic.

Dynast-Kid
12-27-2006, 08:14 PM
The fact of the matter is that Sin > Vegnagun, the Reich, Japan, 1945 America, and Psychotic.

What about the Third Reich?

Little Blue
12-27-2006, 08:31 PM
No, it was very much created to destroy Sin. Bevelle knew it could destroy Zanarkand on its own.

The entirety of FFX-2 says that Vegnagun > Sin.

On the contrary, Bevelle was not even aware of Sin until after Zanarkand's destruction, and would not have built Vegnagun until after that if it was built as a response to Sin.

Just look at Maechen's dialogue, it clearly shows that Vegnagun existed during the Machina War and thus could not have been built to combat Sin as it did not exist yet.

Maechen: Where to begin? About a thousand years ago, Lenne was a popular
songstress in Zanarkand. The talk of the town, you might say. In a more peaceful age, she might have lived out her years as a performer. But the times-and her talents-did not allow such a thing to be. You see, Lenne's gift for singing was matched by her genius in the summoner's arts. When then Machina War began, all summoners were sent to the front lines. Zanarkand was hopelessly outnumbered, and Lenne knew she would not return home alive. Nonetheless, she was prepared to lay down her life to protect her people. Yet there was one person who refused to let Lenne die. Yes, he would do anything to save her. He was...a young man, Lenne's lover.

Rikku: Shuyin?

Maechen: I...don't know. His name has been lost to history. Whatever his name, the youth endeavored to steal the enemy's machina weapon and save Lenne. However...

And quite possibly as X-2 dictates, Vegnagun might be able to destroy Sin, but I'm sentimental and prefer Sin... :p

Tavrobel
12-27-2006, 09:37 PM
It also says many times otherwise in the game that Vegnagun was built specifically to combat Sin, including the entirety of the first and second chapter. Like I'm going to believe the biased opinion of an old-undead man whose reliability of words after FFX-2 were put in definite suspicion.

FFX-2 also has a bunch of plotholes that directly contradict that which was said in FFX, but hey, I've only played the game seventy damned times.

Little Blue
12-27-2006, 10:21 PM
It also says many times otherwise in the game that Vegnagun was built specifically to combat Sin, including the entirety of the first and second chapter. Like I'm going to believe the biased opinion of an old-undead man whose reliability of words after FFX-2 were put in definite suspicion.

FFX-2 also has a bunch of plotholes that directly contradict that which was said in FFX, but hey, I've only played the game seventy damned times.

Maechen: Although Vegnagun was constructed during the Machina War, there is no record of it ever being used. One could argue that the coming of Sin made war a secondary concern. But the real reason was that Vegnagun was nothing short of a titanic failure. You see, it was quick to respond to hostility, but lacked the ability to discern friend from foe. A weapon that slaughters indiscriminately would be far too dangerous for actual use in combat. Incidentally, this is why Vegnagun was never considered as a measure to combat Sin. Instead it was locked away under Bevelle.

This is the only evidence from the game that I can find that explicitly states Vegnagun's origins, though it is admittedly vague in describing the purpose of the machina. "Constructed during the Machina War" implies that it was built in response to the war, yet "One could argue that the coming of Sin made war a secondary concern" implies that the coming of Sin is what encouraged its construction.

Using a bit of logic and canon from X that Zanarkand was destroyed on Sin's appearance, as far as Bevelle were concerned the war would be over so if it was built to combat Sin, how could it also be built during the war.

To be quite honest though, if you can find one verifiable quote from X-2 that explicitly states that Vegnagun was built to combat Sin, I will mention nothing more of it. I freely admit that what I have quoted and my own, admittedly poor memory and somewhat sloppy quick research skills is all I have to say on the matter and they are nothing near concrete and solid basis for a discussion.

Just one last point, even though I've only played this game about 5 times, I'm pretty damned sure that Vegnagun is not even mentioned in Chapter 1... I also agree 100% with you that there are numerous plotholes and contradictions revolving around this game that perhaps influenced this disagreement.

Tavrobel
12-27-2006, 10:34 PM
I'll get back to you when I find my copy of FFX-2 with one that is not so vague.

I shall admit, that perhaps my way of thinking is a little severe, however, the path of how I saw the situation was the last line of your quote. Perhaps I misconstrued it in its context.

Incidentally, this is why Vegnagun was never considered as a measure to combat Sin.

If it were thought to be able to destroy Sin (then scrapped), then the intention for its construction must have been something akin to the situation.

I find it difficult to believe that the people of Bevelle would make something that would destroy the world, yet not use it against Sin. It would be illogical and out of place. To me, the war wasn't over and that Sin appared not at the precise end of the war, but just before it. In that short time, Vegnagun could have been finished. I am sure that it was not built to destroy Zanarkand.

Then it puts me at a loss as to why they built it. But I'm fairly certain that Zanarkand was not part of its design. Maechen's words are also not necessarily trustworthy in FFX-2, since it is clear that he has bias, involving Lenne and Shuyin. Despite all his textiness, it's hard for him to research something that was locked away, and hidden even from all but the most inner sanctums for 1000 years. Even death has its limits, a something that FFX and FFX-2 have long since impressed upon our minds.

Little Blue
12-27-2006, 10:47 PM
To me, that line implies that Vegnagun was never, ever, thought of as a viable solution to Sin, and feels more like an afterthought of little consequence.

Regardless, thanks for hearing me out. And yeah, death may well have its limits on Maechen so his ability to research this issue and accurately report may indeed be hampered, so perhaps I too have been a bit extreme in taking his word for gospel.

Mean&Green
01-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Sin what would hands down cuz of his spawns.

Christmas
08-16-2022, 06:00 AM
The oversized whale will crush that disgusting insect! :mad2: